What Games Are You Playing?

alexrose1uk said:
After the FF:DW concert last night, I'm definately feeling a (perhaps temporary) want to bung FFXIII up my 'to play' list. With Xenoblade on my shelf, Okami half done, and Zelda due this month, as well as Yakuza 4 staring at me, just not sure I'll have time to!

I went to DW the other night aswell and gotten the FF bug back again, however i'm 20 hours into FF XIII (end of chapter 9) and according to the guide i'm about half way through, so really it could be ~40 hours just sticking to the story and not doing side quests. If you want to get FFXIII-2 it maybe worth sticking with it for a bit.

and god damn I want that Crystal edition of FFXIII-2...

I'm kinda interested to see what they do with -2. The last -2 was terrible, so I'm hoping they've learnt some lessons this time, and perhaps with XIII in general. I've seen wayyyyy too many comments on people disliking how many traditional aspects have been removed, so perhaps with XIII-2 they'll find a better balance.

And a good story, that's kinda important.

MercenaryRaiden said:
I didn't know whether to make a thread for this or not, as I know myself and maes will likely be swapping stories often, but I've been playing Idolm@ster 2.

Only got up to the end of week 2 so far as I didn't have much time after the install. Yet again in my head/tail tournament Haruka won out so she's my leader. As for partners I chose Takane and Miki. I named my unit, set up my costume and did a dance lesson. Which went...Less then stellar.

I fully expect my first playthrough to be a disaster. Still, I won't reset or anything. What will be, will be and any mistakes I make I shall live with!

dammit, I'm so jealous right now.

My copy is still with Parcelforce, who seem to be failing to tell me about the customs charges that I obviously owe. They've had it for a week now, argh.

Continuing on with my Idolm@ster 2 first playthrough starting on week 3 we got a quick introduction to the girls from Ryuuguu Komachi before the very important job...Choosing my first song! So many to choose from. I practically felt spoilt trying to choose. I want to leave Ready for now as it's fresh in my mind from the anime, I like Little Match Girl but for my first...? Same with a lot of other choices like The World Is All One...

But in the end I went with i. I felt that the BPM wasn't too high and that it had a nice feel to it. And then came my Debut! Acting just like a normal concert would I went in all guns a blazing determined to do my best! The aim was to be in the top 3 out of 30 and I achieved 2nd! Then Haruka bumped into Touma! Jupppittterrrrr!!!!

...Then I got Orange Juice for Iori and Coffee for Kotori. Oh the dizzying heights of being a producer...!

My copy is still with Parcelforce, who seem to be failing to tell me about the customs charges that I obviously owe. They've had it for a week now, argh.

Hurrah someone else getting it! My delivery was really weird actually. I was watching the tracking like a hawk and it never went into customs! One day it just turned into "out for delivery" after about a week of being sent.

Project Zero II is so great at being scary. There's pretty much little to no gore encountered or even that many ghosts that appear out of nowhere, it's all about the tension. I HATE that all the doors shut behind you too. Gives me an instant "whatwazzat?" moment. I came across one part with a ..body of sorts lying on the floor and I was terrified just waiting for it to pop out with a jump scare, but somehow it was worse that it didn't. It just lay there...

Started MW3 lastnight, on Vet mode as per usual for the best experience :p

The Cursed Crusade - £40 RRP i managed to get for £22 in GAME, looks like Assassins creed with demons in it, looks alright. I'm going to give that to my sister and say "you can give me this for my birthday"

Tragic when you have to buy your own presents because your sister foolishly spent all her money on a bloody outfit ¬___¬

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Project Zero II is so great at being scary. There's pretty much little to no gore encountered or even that many ghosts that appear out of nowhere, it's all about the tension.
Project Zero 1 & 2 are the most nerve-shredding games I've ever played. Need at least three pairs of clean trousers per session.

It's all about the dark ambient score, and the camera angles, and the fleeting glimpses of spirits, and the creepy chimes, and the imagery. Oh, and of course fighting actual ghosts with nothing more than a camera, desperately trying to keep track of their movements as your heart jumps out of your chest, and the risk/reward of waiting until the last second for the Zero Shot. Genius.

2h6gkxs.jpg

With Xenoblade or Tales of the Abyss afterwards.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Project Zero II is so great at being scary. There's pretty much little to no gore encountered or even that many ghosts that appear out of nowhere, it's all about the tension.
Project Zero 1 & 2 are the most nerve-shredding games I've ever played. Need at least three pairs of clean trousers per session.

It's all about the dark ambient score, and the camera angles, and the fleeting glimpses of spirits, and the creepy chimes, and the imagery. Oh, and of course fighting actual ghosts with nothing more than a camera, desperately trying to keep track of their movements as your heart jumps out of your chest, and the risk/reward of waiting until the last second for the Zero Shot. Genius.

Mmm, the last game that got me going this way was Condemned. Also a brilliant horror game.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

I agree. It was also the fact that the whole atmosphere is alien as well (for a westerner at least). As far as I'm concerned the only other game that managed to come close to creating environments that engaged with the same sort of psychological warfare was Silent Hill.

I'd say Silent Hill games (specifically 2) were the best in regards to creepy, psychological horror gaming. It was the weird(semi sexual?) symbology and the brutally oppressive and murky environments and enemies that I think did it (along with the crap combat which made you feel impotent).

Project Zero is great as well though. I played a bit of one of the first two games, can't remember which one now though.

Anyone remember that horror game with that girl who had a dog that you could set up to ambush the pursuing bad guy? Wasn't scary but that was fun horror game.

vashdaman said:
I'd say Silent Hill games (specifically 2) were the best in regards to creepy, psychological horror gaming. It was the weird(semi sexual?) symbology and the brutally oppressive and murky environments and enemies that I think did it (along with the crap combat which made you feel impotent).

Project Zero is great as well though. I played a bit of one of the first two games, can't remember which one now though.

Anyone remember that horror game with that girl who had a dog that you could set up to ambush the pursuing bad guy? Wasn't scary but that was fun horror game.

I seem to remember seing a preview of that...lost zone or forbidden section or something area....

Back