What Games Are You Playing?

ilmaestro said:
Mutsumi said:
Rui said:
PSN has updated :p my long-awaited DW7 DLC appeared a week or so ago I'm sure. Better than the Japanese PSN which was still down last time I checked.

R

Same here. Wonder whether it really is down, or whether it is just inaccessible to PSN users outside of Japan?
It has been legit down regardless of where you were trying to access from, at the behest of the Japanese government.

Electricity rationing, perhaps? It is a tough year for Japan this year. :(

I think it was just more along the lines of "you ****** it up once, it's not going back up until we're satisfied you didn't **** it up again". ^^;

Realized that Layton 3DS is part of the same "story arc" as game 4 and the movie, and I don't have number 4 so I'm replaying 1-3 while I wait to pick that up.

Just recently got Mass Effect 1 and have been at how good this game is. im playin as female sheperd and am around 10 hours in. can anyone give me a rough estimate as to how long this game is cause i wanna know how much time im gonna have to put into it 8)

I too have been playing ME1 this evening / morning (so have played them in completely the wrong order). Loving it, all except that insanely hard to steer and very weakly armoured tank thing with hilariously bouncy suspension. It's using up all my omni-gel to repair the damn thing every two minutes.

I don't feel right pursuing any of the ME1 romances now though as it seems wrong to betray Jack, even retroactively. Oh, and the elevator muzak is priceless - was that Humanity's contribution to the Citadel? No wonder they wouldn't let us on the Council.

It's around 19 hours if you play the story solid (just completed it) and about 50 if you do all the side-quests and such. I'm a little bit into ME2 but I'm not keen on it at all. I loved the Star Trek vibe from the original and exploring strange new worlds and stuff - a lot of it seems to be gone in favour of a heavy storyline and shooting. We'll see.

ME3 looks even more action heavy. I was rather worried by the footage of a generic gun turret sequence. There's nothing fun about staying stationary and shooting at something that is massive and easy to hit.

Completed Shadow of the Colossus recently ... it was fantastic!

Started on Persona 4 a few days ago. Really enjoying it ... but the Contrarian King optional boss is enraging! Why put an impossibly difficult optional boss at such an early point in the game? Other than that, I love the game. Usually the life simulation aspect to a game would be distracting to the RPG elements, but they compliment one another perfectly in Persona 4!

ayase said:
I don't feel right pursuing any of the ME1 romances now though as it seems wrong to betray Jack, even retroactively. Oh, and the elevator muzak is priceless - was that Humanity's contribution to the Citadel? No wonder they wouldn't let us on the Council.
You get an annoying, xenophobic space marine or a blue moe alien girl who throws herself at you at every chance she gets & Jack is probably the best romance option in the series. Although in my playthrough I turned her down and made her cry. lol.

SSF:IV AE arrived on Friday so I've been taking a good beating on that, was initially excited to play as Makoto but she's really too much for me so I switched over to Dudley who is a much better fit for me. I'm taking a beating right now and I still need to get Mahvel 3 out of my system (Keep jumping backwards thinking I can cover ground and block in the air) just need to practice and work on my timing and I'm good.

Last edited by a moderator:
CitizenGeek said:
Started on Persona 4 a few days ago. Really enjoying it ... but the Contrarian King optional boss is enraging! Why put an impossibly difficult optional boss at such an early point in the game? Other than that, I love the game. Usually the life simulation aspect to a game would be distracting to the RPG elements, but they compliment one another perfectly in Persona 4!
Yeah you're pretty much screwed when that boss uses Rampage. It's pretty much a matter of luck if it uses it or not. The key to beating it quickly before it has a chance to use that is buffs and debuffs. Glad to see you're enjoying it though.

Almost completed the last mission in Mass Effect 1 and am a few inches away from like an elevator and am now stuck between three pillars and cant move. guess imma gonna go back 10 hours the since ive not saved :p

Lupus said:
Jack is probably the best romance option in the series.
I just ****** her. My opinions on ME2 have changed drastically throughout today, now about 10 hours in and although I'm not sure I'll ever get over losing the sense of wonder and interest I had in the random space opera politics, I'm enjoying the action a lot and have been rewarded with some fun character stuff - even if my Shepherd is one of the most inconsistent and bipolar guys you would ever come across.

I think the very initial setup at the beginning of two put a bad taste in my mouth. It felt very much like "oh, now we have a budget we're gonna dismiss what happened before" but that doesn't seem to be the case. There's a stupid thing, and some terribly structure but thankfully it improves and I'm loving it now.

daichi383, it should autosave you to somewhere else...

Also played the Stacked trial which was bizarre and quite cool. I may get it when I'm really bored.

Last edited by a moderator:
CitizenGeek said:
Completed Shadow of the Colossus recently ... it was fantastic!

Just wait until you finish the next story dungeon, suddenly you'll find it falls to a mere press of the triangle button.

Jaymii said:
I'm enjoying the action a lot and have been rewarded with some fun character stuff - even if my Shepherd is one of the most inconsistent and bipolar guys you would ever come across.

That was pretty much my first playthrough of 2, I kept hitting LT and RT when prompted because I thought that was what I was supposed to do, I did the same as you, I had a quick fling with Jack and cheated on my Xephobic Ashley with Miranda, really hope that comes to a wonderful conclusion in ME3, all the promo shots keep showing Kaiden, who I've never let live a single playthough as either gender :D

I downloaded and played the sonic generations demo, and though it was only one level ,and it was a reworking of Green Hill zone, with the exact same much from 20 years ago, it played really well, sonic in 3D on a 2D plain. But with the classic controls & physics, and not the horrible gimmick controls from Sonic 4, sonic has no lock on attack and he doesn't just stop in his tracks if you let go of the direction. I haven't liked any of the games since sonic & knuckles 3 expansion (I didn;t like 3 as a standalone) so it's good to finally see something that might get me to stop writing derogatory things about sega on message boards.

Back