What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shiny new Dell 2209WA to replace my eleven year old right monitor (which someone is actually buying from me! Excellent). And the final volume of Hana Yori Dango, which I almost don't want to read after all these years.

R

forgot to mention that the other "otaku" on here posted popotan to me got it tuesday, finished watching it today

Zin5ki said:
Downloaded Opera 10 beta. A slight speed increase, and a new in-line spellchecker. My browser of choice now has everything Firefox did.
(Ironically though, I'm using FF on a college computer to type this.)

There's an Opera 10 beta?

I may try this too :twisted:

What other new bits are there? Does it look nice too?

A few tweaks to the GUI, but otherwise more of the same. There are probably several new features, but none that are relevant to me.

Zin5ki said:
A few tweaks to the GUI, but otherwise more of the same. There are probably several new features, but none that are relevant to me.

Probably not relevent to me either. I'll go hunt it down and take a look at it.

Tifa has arrived! Just the pick me up I need after that god-awful exam.
Might take some pictures + do a small review if I can be bothered. Very pleased.

Train Man volumes 2 & 3 arrived today. But... but... where's my TBD bookmarks? It looks as though they've stopped including them, meaning my pile of 87,694 bookmarks will not be added to. A sad day.

JamesX said:
I got my Rosario + Vampire and Saber Cups yesterday I ordered a while back, they're both great.
Saber cups? Pics please ! The other day we were wondering if you're disappearance was because you foudn your RL Saber... =)

Today I recieved one of the best examples of branding in the music industry, ever.

A record label, named Hospital Records, release a compilation album named 'Sick Music', catalogue number NHS154. Inside the postage envelope, the CD was housed in a genuine sick-bag (like you would recieve on an aeorplane), sealed with a prescription-like sticker with information about the album on.

Marketing genius!

EDIT// and I totally forgot to mention the brilliant album cover too;

w8t761.jpg

chaos said:
JamesX said:
I got my Rosario + Vampire and Saber Cups yesterday I ordered a while back, they're both great.
Saber cups? Pics please ! The other day we were wondering if you're disappearance was because you foudn your RL Saber... =)

Hmm my phones being useless and wont connect to my PC (god job my contracts up soon) so you can have the image off the website as it's the only thing I have =(
cup.jpg

am I've not found my RL Saber yet, sadly =P

There appear to be decorated lids atop each cup.
One should hope that, in spite of their aesthetic appeal, these cups are still adept at storing fluids.

Sword of the Stranger DVD. For such a major release the DVD version is disappointing, with not so much as an insert or reversible cover. Even the case reeks of cheap. Bandai must be really feeling the pinch.

But who cares about that. Tales of Vesperia has arrived!

In the last couple of days - tons of ****, half of which I had to carry back from the sorting office in town. I only live a few hundred yards from a Post Office, why they can't just leave parcels there is beyond me.

Anyway, onto the stuff: Death Note manga box, Macross DVD box, Gall Force poster which cost four times as much in postage than the actual item (luckily the poster itself was very cheap), Azumanga Bonkuras promo poster, Hunter S. Thompson Gonzo DVD, Star Trek TNG Seasons 3 & 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back