What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
iisan said:
ayase said:
Just to rub it in, I recieved Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. :p
Haha, man that really is salt in the wound.

I'll probably just order it from amazon now.
It's only a pound more expensive after all.
Also, I'm done with play lawl.

I've just cancelled order with Play.com and made an order with Amazon instead. So far Amazon appear to be in stock. Fingers crossed I'll have it by the weekend. ^_^

=) good luck. It's a great series, very weird and random at the start, with a few serious moments towards the end.

Voddas said:
iisan said:
ayase said:
Just to rub it in, I recieved Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. :p
Haha, man that really is salt in the wound.

I'll probably just order it from amazon now.
It's only a pound more expensive after all.
Also, I'm done with play lawl.

I've just cancelled order with Play.com and made an order with Amazon instead. So far Amazon appear to be in stock. Fingers crossed I'll have it by the weekend. ^_^
Yeah, in future I wont mind paying a few pounds more just to get it from amazon.
I want to order it now, but somethings telling me I should wait till I get the money back from play first.

edit; Screw it. Ordered.

:lol:mad:Ryo.

@iisan: Why you worried you'd lose money? I thought you just canclled your order and as long as it hadn't been posted, that was that?

Voddas said:
:lol:mad:Ryo.

@iisan: Why you worried you'd lose money? I thought you just canclled your order and as long as it hadn't been posted, that was that?

I don't think you can cancel a return :p

but play will follow through with their refund, they always do, don't scrub them completely either :p not play's fault that it went out of stock so fast. I'll be waiting to see what happens with my guyver orders before i look elsewhere to get the singles.

Otaku-san said:
I got punched in the face with a door the other day, and i bleed to death
Do doors punch? Methinks they'd need limbs first.

Of course, a door could itself be made from a limb of a tree, but that is beside the point.

Gurren Lagann LE - Special delivery from Amazon (they clearly want to honour their delivery date promises - I chose free delivery) Yes, it wasn't a pricing mistake so it was only £25 after all. And yes, the awesome hardback digipack packaging manages to be so much nicer than the US set while simultaneously taking up less shelf space. Suck on that then choke and die, thinpacks. :D

Devil Lady Complete Collection turned up from Second Spin. It's the first thing I've ordered from there that actually looks used, but it's in decent condition. I shall add it to the backlog and estimate that I might get around to watching it sometime in 2016.

4/5 SS parcels (where's my Banner of the Stars 2!?), 1/3 Play parcel and a £513 CC bill.

With SS its luck of the draw, so here's my win/fail rankings:

Arjuna 1-4, all in original cases (afaik), all with inlays and all the discs in near mint condition, as well as one volume having the seal intact along the top = Win+

Fantastic Children box set, in mint condition AND with the OST inside (random freebie) = Win++

Hitman Trilogy, with the outer box and everything in near mint condition = Win+

Nightmare of Druaga, with the seal still intact along the top = Win+

The Galaxy Railways 1-6, with the first 4 volumes sealed in clear cases (cases wrinkled, like many SS DVDs, though...) and the final two volumes in random black cases = Win, with some fail

Sly Cooper 1, in mint condition but being the GH re-release instead of black label = Win since it was cheap

kill.switch, in mint condition but in random DVD case = Win + a lot of fail

Thankfully, nothing as bad as my MS Saga this time around. That was $12 wasted.

Aion said:
Arjuna 1-4, all in original cases (afaik), all with inlays and all the discs in near mint condition, as well as one volume having the seal intact along the top = Win+
Have you watched Arjuna already? have any opinion to share?

Nope. I got the DVDs to watch it. The R1 box sets were OP, the DVDs were cheap and Yoko Kanno did the music. Since the series goes for a decent amount on eBay, I felt it was worth a go.

I received my super discounted One Piece 1:4. Once we are through the Naruto backlog I anticipate One Piece becoming our household shounen fixture for a few months.

The wrinkly covers from Secondspin sometimes are weird; I've had them too and never from anywhere else that I remember. Do they put them all next to a gigantic heater when they check the discs in or something?

R

i got one piece season 1 part 1 this morning was hoping for some other stuff but only this came -sigh- prehaps tomorrow

I dunno. It's always bugged me how even new DVDs come across as used because of the wrinkling thing. Never seen DVDs the same from elsewhere. They obviously don't care for their stock very much, most of it being 2nd-hand.

Regardless, I'm having another quicklie look through SS since they have a 25% off code active until tomorrow. Doesn't seem to be anything I want, though...

Area 88 and Black Lagoon.

I was half-expecting a DVD case sized BL box set because it cost £17.99 on release, but I was pleasantly surprised:

http://img44.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=bl1o.jpg

Manga's £11.99 cheapo sets have a place in my heart, but I'm also fond of full size collection in art boxes. Looking forward to when the second season gets sent (also £17.99).

Aion said:
Area 88 and Black Lagoon.

I was half-expecting a DVD case sized BL box set because it cost £17.99 on release, but I was pleasantly surprised:

http://img44.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=bl1o.jpg
I see, so they're using full size cases and they sorted the spines out for the boxed set release.

::calm, calm... RAGE::

I am never buying another MVM single as long as I live. I'm not going to pay more to end up with an inferior quality product again.

It puzzles me why anyone would buy singles new, bargain bin prices aside. Box sets always work out cheaper (at some point), and you get something to store the discs in. Having multiple cases doesn't look tidy.

I regret bargain hunting on eBay and having stacks of singles. I'd probably kill myself if I'd paid for that amount what you did for the BL singles.

...I suppose, at some point in the future, another ******** will be saying the same thing about double disc releases. I can see it now: "Don't buy double disc releases - are you retarded!? Just wait for the box sets and save a few quid, like any person with a brain would without being told. Dumbfuck."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back