What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't pay full RRP mind (otherwise the rage would probably be murderous - I don't kill myself when mad, I turn on others) I was just pretty eager to see Black Lagoon. My hatred of thinpacks is what drives me to buy singles, looking back I'd have been better off buying those nice R1 steelbook versions (the only problem there though was steelbooks from America = high likelyhood of denting). I got what I deserved for supporting a UK company, by the looks of it. :(

On Topic: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon blu-ray in snazzy steelbook case.

I'd rather have these study MVM box sets than small tin cases. Going on one of Geneon's Trigun sets, it'd be a small tin, with nothing on the sides, and thinpack cases inside.

I'm looking forward to owning the second box set - it has someone/a real person dressed as Revy on the front! I've seen it before but I like it. A lot.

10137074x.jpg

Aion said:
I'd rather have these study MVM box sets than small tin cases. Going on one of Geneon's Trigun sets, it'd be a small tin, with nothing on the sides, and thinpack cases inside.
Nah, they were proper steelbooks. The second one had that very picture on it. I thought about buying them to put my UK discs in (the first volume of each series that came with a steelbook to put all er... four it looks like(?) discs in) but the prices they're going for could buy me these new sets - Not that I'll be in a hurry to send any more money MVM's way for a while.

Ah, I see. It looks nice. Small, but nice. But, as you pointed out, it would've cost a crapload if I went for the steelbook releases instead.

The first BL set has just come out. Try to shift all of your BL DVDs to people who don't know about the box set releases ASAP in order to cut your loses short, and then order the box sets for £18 a shot. You'll feel like a winrar - no more nasty spines with Irish ratings on them.

GTO 6 finally arrived - yay!

Hello...

I made the above order on the 3rd, and the book only arrived today, on the 11th - AFTER another order I made with you on the 5th arrived yesterday.

I would've been ok with that...if the book (GTO 6) had arrived in new condition. But it didn't. It has a knock to the top right corner of the spine, a knock to the bottom left, the edges of the spine are white in places and, just to rub salt in, it appears that the top of the book has had some sunlight treatment. Not the best way to finish collecting a 25 volume series.

I'm obviously unhappy, both with your speed and the condition the book arrived in, and I'd like to return the item and get a replacement. However, I want it to be replaced with a book in new condition. It'd be pretty pointless to replace one tatty book with another. Last time this happened and you replaced a book, the replacement was in worse condition than the first book. So, can you make sure the replacement isn't also in used condition please?

- Daniel

In better news, my Tenchi movie collection arrived 1 day after I ordered it, Jyu-oh-sei arrived, Baldr Force Exe arrived and Trigun Maximum 4 arrived, with a few knocks (also from TBD :/).

I was surprised/happy to discover that the Tenchi set is the three DVDs packed in an art box - I was expecting a brick. My only comcern is that all the cases are black - I think they're supposed to be clear.

Here are some scans: http://img26.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=tenchi2.jpg

The spines are untidy but I don't care - a tenner is a bargain for an art box + three anime movies.

Aion said:
I was surprised/happy to discover that the Tenchi set is the three DVDs packed in an art box - I was expecting a brick. My only comcern is that all the cases are black - I think they're supposed to be clear.

Here are some scans: http://img26.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=tenchi2.jpg

The spines are untidy but I don't care - a tenner is a bargain for an art box + three anime movies.
Y'see, this is what all collections of individual volumes should be packaged like. Like this, the Black Lagoon sets and the very nice Gunslinger Girl Collection I recived yesterday. That way if a series has three discs it will fit, and if it has 6 discs it could go two discs to a case and still not be a thinpack. Three amaray cases to a box is just the right size.

On the issue of the Gunslinger Girl Collection, what the hell happened Funimation? (or was it Revelation?) Gunslinger Girl got a nice sturdy artbox which the ratings stickers can be peeled off, containing three full sized amaray cases with reversable picture covers and Mushishi, a series twice the length, got a one amaray sized plastic brick. :?

But if even MVM can still release sturdy boxed sets which retail for a decent price on release, then Funimation most definitely can. Notice also how Mushishi still has an RRP of £50.99, discounting the theory that it's aimed at the cheaper end of the market in order to sell more copies.

There are two roads which work in anime marketing these days- the Manga road, (cheaper releases, high quantity of episodes) or the Beez road (more pricey, high quality). Funimation are going to loose out big time if they think people are going to buy expensive, low quality sets. Perhaps a few years ago but it just doesn't cut it with fans now. Beez realised this and shaped up, Funi seem to be going in completely the wrong direction.

True. It's a decent price, I think, but in terms of packaging it compares poorly to MVM's similarly priced thinpak box sets (Black Lagoon and Tenchi are exceptions rather than the rule). But then Funimation are the biggest player in the anime industry, so they must be doing something right.

I got Black Jack vol. 1 (the manga; Vertical done a great job on the release!) and Resident Evil 1 - 3 (on PS1) in the most yesterday :]

100_1412s.jpg

Yay! Looks like I got just about the last one of these in existence, though I almost missed getting it as today's postman apparently doesn't set foot inside properties for liability purposes, something he neglected to tell me through the intercom (Not that it's ever stopped any of the other four postpeople I've had deliver things directly to the door of my flat...) I stood there holding the button to open the door and it became apparent he wasn't going to come in. It was 7.30. I had to drag clothes on and literally run down the three flights of stairs to the door in time to catch him getting back into his van after waiting for less than a minute. Real professional service, Royal Mail.

Anyway, the figure is really nice - It's the first one I've ever bought, but then there aren't many characters I'd want stood around the place. Revy's an exception. There was a nice Motoko figure a while back too but it seems to be long OOP.

A few volumes of manga turned up including skip beat 9-10 and +anima 5-6.

Also had Indiana Jones and the last crusade, and crystal skull turn up. Crusade because it's my fav of the original trilogy, and skull because it was cheap and I haven't seen it yet.

Yesterday I received Oh! My Goddess 2, 3, 4 & 6 and Eden 3 & 4 from FP. (Cheers Mania!)

I also received an email informing me volume 5 had been sent by FP. As for the remaining two volumes of my order (OMG 1 and Eden 2), they're both on "pre-order", so I'll more than likely have to cancel and order those from elsewhere. No complaints from me if I only 7 books for £9, though.

OMG box set
Urusei Yatsura box set
Mushishi (film)
OMG 5 (manga)

The OMG set, like the Tenchi movie set, is an art box. Nice surprise. Someone even chucked in two copies of the OVA 1 disc...in a single disc case.

http://img442.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=omg2.jpg

The set was damaged a little in transit - one of the front corners (can't see in the images) - but it isn't too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back