What did you BUY today?

I think the problem was he was selling a lot of stuff in one go. I'd have sold them in batches, maybe 20 titles at a time. Leave them on the marketplace for a week then put anything unsold on eBay. Then put the next batch and so on. That way it would have been easier to keep track of PMs and what's sold etc.

The 3 titles I had agreed a price on would have been £95, on eBay they were £140.

I personally would of stuck with the deals already made. Say no to taking any new reservations. Deal with the transactions for those items already agreed. Put the unsold stuff on eBay

I had 4 items agreed for £115 (55 + 15 + 15 + 30 (15 + 15)), but it turned out to be on ebay £142 (65 + 20 + 22 + 35 (17.5 + 17.5))

I think the problem was he was selling a lot of stuff in one go. I'd have sold them in batches, maybe 20 titles at a time. Leave them on the marketplace for a week then put anything unsold on eBay. Then put the next batch and so on. That way it would have been easier to keep track of PMs and what's sold etc.

The 3 titles I had agreed a price on would have been £95, on eBay they were £140.
Might/will have lead to people having multiple packages sent and thus multiple postage costs that could have been avoided with everything going up at once.

Maybe choose one method and stick with it, but I never sold anything online, nevermind that much at once, so have no experience to go on.

A quick update: Apologies again - but trying to manage the process of selling so many items at once alongside a PhD has been pretty difficult. Please do send offers across on items - I have accepted quite a few at £5-20 off (depending on the listed price of the item).

Have a great day and for those who have placed orders I hope you enjoy your items as much as I have enjoyed collecting them :)

@PilibO I understand the business of being busy and stress combined forcing your hand here but as a customer I can’t help feeling like the switch is a bit of a slap in the face in all honesty. Especially as price was agreed items reserved (now sold to others) and I showed willingness to work in regards to being asked about “sorting payment out in a few days” in your favour you were willing to work with me amending my order, both making it larger and smaller but ultimately leaves a very bitter feeling in the mouth knowing the deal can’t go ahead now.

I know what it is ;) Even the original price would have been too much for me though, I knew it would probably be fairly high so didn’t go for it.

Nope, not GitS. I was temped to get it but I remember someone posted in the previous thread (where only ~10 titles were listed) so thought it was only fair they have first dibs

N yep I saw your edit, it was a few titles. Main one was Mochi Love Story but that went before I knew about Ebay :'(

Nope, not GitS. I was temped to get it but I remember someone posted in the previous thread (where only ~10 titles were listed) so thought it was only fair they have first dibs

N yep I saw your edit, it was a few titles. Main one was Mochi Love Story but that went before I knew about Ebay :'(

I was the one interested in GITS, but I wouldn't pay more than £40-45 per Season.

From SecondSpin (using their free international shipping code from yesterday):
-High Tension (BD) (Bought this because I didn't think it had a UK BD release, turns out it totally does)
-Dawn of the Dead (2004) (BD) (Love this movie, shame the UK never got a BD)
-Dream Theater: Live at Luna Park (BD/CD) (The only Dream Theater album not on Spotify)

From CeX:
-Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour (NDS) (Had this game as a kid, and I have a lot of Nostalgia for it. Starting the anime yesterday has suddenly made me want to play it again)
-Cold Fish (BD)
-I Saw The Devil (BD)

From SecondSpin (using their free international shipping code from yesterday):
-High Tension (BD) (Bought this because I didn't think it had a UK BD release, turns out it totally does)
-Dawn of the Dead (2004) (BD) (Love this movie, shame the UK never got a BD)
-Dream Theater: Live at Luna Park (BD/CD) (The only Dream Theater album not on Spotify)

From CeX:
-Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour (NDS) (Had this game as a kid, and I have a lot of Nostalgia for it. Starting the anime yesterday has suddenly made me want to play it again)
-Cold Fish (BD)
-I Saw The Devil (BD)
I Saw The Devil is a good choice, I'd forgotten I had the Steelbook until just now.

Suffered through Ikea and bought a new bookcase to replace four of my DVD towers as well as some additional shelves for said bookcase and my smaller one.

Back