1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by NormanicGrav, Jun 15, 2016.

1. What's the standard packaging for Manga/Animatsu these days? They briefly experimented with chipboard slipcovers but those were gone by the time Chaika (season 2 where?) was released in December 2015. Last release of theirs I bought was Madoka movie 3 and that has a card slipcover, and it looks las though the above releases might have as well. WHO KNOWS.

Chunibyo looks great. Sentai can't do remotely attractive subtitles and rarely do listenable dubs but they usually deliver with the cover art.

2. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Hunter

I bought Trinity Seven, and looked at HMV and spotted some of their other new releases. Its a thin card slipcover similar to Funimation releases.

3. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Every recent release has just been a standard amaray. I believe only Chunibyo and Raildex got those chipboard covers.

4. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Hunter

Knights of Sidonia also has a chipboard cover

5. IncendiaryLemon

Right. Never bought that one.

nor anyone else for that matter, by the sounds of it

Neil.T likes this.
  6. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Hunter

I personally like it, but I grabbed it for £12 during amazon price error day

7. IncendiaryLemon

I've never seen it, but the 3DCG put me off. I've seen Ajin though, so I'm not totally opposed to it. Just haven't gotten around to it, I suppose.

8. Buzz201

Buzz201 Cardcaptor

You don't have Chunibyo? But it seems so "you"?

9. Ah, okay. That's better than nothing. I know a lot of people don't care for slipcovers but I think they look smart.

On the subject of Sidonia, Manga tweeted the other day that they have no plans to release season 2 (as someone who bought Sentai's version of s1, albeit before I knew Manga were doing a nice release, I realise I'm part of the problem) And with no sign of Chaika s2 either, I wonder if this signals a change in their approach.

10. IncendiaryLemon

He was referring to Knights of Sidonia, not Chunibyo. I did in fact buy Chuunibyou, then promptly sold it and imported the Sentai Limited Edition, because I loved it so much :p

11. Buzz201

Buzz201 Cardcaptor

Whoops, must have misinterpreted the smaller part.

I wish you'd told me that before I blind brought it. I have weird issues with that show, and I almost feel bad for taking a £4 copy when somebody else might have appreciated it more.

12. IncendiaryLemon

Told you what? That I liked it? :p

Buzz201 likes this.
  13. Buzz201

Buzz201 Cardcaptor

Yes. I would have known to avoid it like the plague. I could have either left a copy for somebody else or sold it at cost.

Jaysgba likes this.
  14. IncendiaryLemon

I swear, there'll be a show we both like some day!

15. Joshawott

Joshawott Monsieur Monster AUKN Staff

Which is a shame, because they are really nice (although Index's back bleeds onto the spine a bit). Hopefully they at least continue with them for the Chunibyo and Raildex sequels.

16. IncendiaryLemon

Personally I thought they were a bit tight. Really had to rag my copy of Chunibyo around to get the amaray out.

17. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Hunter

My copy of Chunibyo is like that, but Sidonia isn't. I think they just made the Chunibyo box too small

IncendiaryLemon likes this.
  18. Neil.T

Neil.T Great Teacher

Chunibyo does require a bit of a jolt to get the case out of the box, yeah.

The new Akira Collector's Edition does as well, actually.

19. LukSkywalker

LukSkywalker Brigade Leader

Nadia has a chipboard as well

20. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav Hai Hai Grav desu Moderator

MVM

Owarimonogatari: Volume 1 [Blu-ray] [DVD]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Serial Experiments Lain: Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray & DVD]
    [​IMG]

PilibO and HWR like this.