1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by NormanicGrav, Jun 15, 2016.

1. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav Grav's Bizarre Moderating Moderator

Anime Limited

Expelled from Paradise (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray & DVD Combo]
    [spoilerbutton][​IMG]
    [​IMG][/spoilerbutton]

2. Demelza

Demelza Adventuring Alchemist AUKN Staff

Expelled From Paradise looking damn pretty there. Shame it wasn't a very good movie. :(

3. thedoctor2016

thedoctor2016 Death Scythe

Question why has this release took a year after the US Release to come out?

4. crashmatt

crashmatt Straw Hat Pirate

I quite enjoyed Expelled from paradise, will defiantly pick this up at some point.

5. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Probably because (I'm guessing) it's a sublicense from a US distributor, so they likely got the licence when the US distributor was already well into production so they already had a huge head start. That and, seeing as it's an LE, AL would have to wait on getting materials from Japan, getting it all designed and approved and then going through QA, trying to make sure it's a good release and not rushed out the door to appease impatient people. Oh, and also because they're an incredibly small team of about 5 people and not a giant company and they also have a ton of other licences and releases to think about at the same time.

6. thedoctor2016

At least it is a title I've never cared enough to import so I will eventually get ALs. (AoA was the US distributor btw)

7. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Stand User

While i did enjoy the film, i'll wait for a sale on it or for the standard edition.

8. NormanicGrav

Simple - Aniplex.

If I remember right, the announcement was October and the original date was January.

Granted this release was probably pushed back due to the booklet which seems to have more content that the US Limited Edition I own. So 6 months due to the Collector's packaging and booklets seems reasonable.

9. IncendiaryLemon

Aniplex causing problems for international distributors? Shocker.

10. Rui

Rui Karamatsu Boy Administrator

I don't know much about this movie but it's never appealed to me from the promotional artwork.

R

11. crashmatt

crashmatt Straw Hat Pirate

Coincidentally this is the sole reason i'm buying it

12. NormanicGrav

Anime Limited

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: Part 1 (1000 Print Edition) [Blu-ray]
    [spoilerbutton][​IMG][/spoilerbutton]

13. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Stand User

Looks good, having missed out on the first sets box I'll be sure to make sure I get this one.

14. thedoctor2016

Its alright still undecided due to the lack of OPs

15. mrclt1994

mrclt1994 Straw Hat Pirate

Well you're probably not gonna get an English friendly Blu-ray release that includes the original OP ever but hey, if you want to let that stop you then...

16. IncendiaryLemon

Trust me, I've already had this argument, it's not worth it. His justification is the pirated version has the OPs, and he doesn't want to buy the legal version because it's a little worse off than the actual release...

17. thedoctor2016

I LOVE the OPs Yes. I probably will buy it like 70% likely but the OPs are a massive loss.
    I preordered to own my 3rd top gundam.

18. NormanicGrav

A quick re-cap on recent art.

Manga Animatsu | Death Note: Complete Series/Relight Films Collection [Blu-ray]
    Manga Animatsu | Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Season 1 Collection [DVD]
    MVM | 11eyes: Complete Collection [DVD]
    Studio Canal | When Marnie Was There [Blu-ray] [DVD] [Blu-ray/DVD]
    [spoilerbutton][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/spoilerbutton]

19. thedoctor2016

Studio Canal win.

20. qaiz

qaiz Thousand Master

When Marnie Was There is such an amazing film, can't wait to buy it, watch it and cry all over again T_T