AUKN Staff
Anime Limited

Expelled from Paradise (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray & DVD Combo]
[spoilerbutton]
81EZrO-UhvL._SL1500_.jpg

81eAdkNypfL._SL1363_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

thedoctor2016 said:
Question why has this release took a year after the US Release to come out?

Probably because (I'm guessing) it's a sublicense from a US distributor, so they likely got the licence when the US distributor was already well into production so they already had a huge head start. That and, seeing as it's an LE, AL would have to wait on getting materials from Japan, getting it all designed and approved and then going through QA, trying to make sure it's a good release and not rushed out the door to appease impatient people. Oh, and also because they're an incredibly small team of about 5 people and not a giant company and they also have a ton of other licences and releases to think about at the same time.

IncendiaryLemon said:
thedoctor2016 said:
Question why has this release took a year after the US Release to come out?

Probably because (I'm guessing) it's a sublicense from a US distributor, so they likely got the licence when the US distributor was already well into production so they already had a huge head start. That and, seeing as it's an LE, AL would have to wait on getting materials from Japan, getting it all designed and approved and then going through QA, trying to make sure it's a good release and not rushed out the door to appease impatient people. Oh, and also because they're an incredibly small team of about 5 people and not a giant company and they also have a ton of other licences and releases to think about at the same time.

Simple - Aniplex.

If I remember right, the announcement was October and the original date was January.

Granted this release was probably pushed back due to the booklet which seems to have more content that the US Limited Edition I own. So 6 months due to the Collector's packaging and booklets seems reasonable.

I don't know much about this movie but it's never appealed to me from the promotional artwork.

R

thedoctor2016 said:
Its alright still undecided due to the lack of OPs

Well you're probably not gonna get an English friendly Blu-ray release that includes the original OP ever but hey, if you want to let that stop you then...

mrclt1994 said:
thedoctor2016 said:
Its alright still undecided due to the lack of OPs

Well you're probably not gonna get an English friendly Blu-ray release that includes the original OP ever but hey, if you want to let that stop you then...

Trust me, I've already had this argument, it's not worth it. His justification is the pirated version has the OPs, and he doesn't want to buy the legal version because it's a little worse off than the actual release...

A quick re-cap on recent art.

Manga Animatsu | Death Note: Complete Series/Relight Films Collection [Blu-ray]
[spoilerbutton]
DkNqJIbh.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Manga Animatsu | Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Season 1 Collection [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
ELWNWbOh.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
MVM | 11eyes: Complete Collection [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
bhBp8u9h.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Studio Canal | When Marnie Was There [Blu-ray] [DVD] [Blu-ray/DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
Xf6eaHah.jpg

D16CmVWh.jpg

mfRhYcnh.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

NormanicGrav said:
A quick re-cap on recent art.

Manga Animatsu | Death Note: Complete Series/Relight Films Collection [Blu-ray]
[spoilerbutton]
DkNqJIbh.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Manga Animatsu | Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Season 1 Collection [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
ELWNWbOh.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
MVM | 11eyes: Complete Collection [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
bhBp8u9h.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Studio Canal | When Marnie Was There [Blu-ray] [DVD] [Blu-ray/DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
Xf6eaHah.jpg

D16CmVWh.jpg

mfRhYcnh.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Studio Canal win.

When Marnie Was There is such an amazing film, can't wait to buy it, watch it and cry all over again T_T

Back