1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by NormanicGrav, Jun 15, 2016.

1. crashmatt

crashmatt Straw Hat Pirate

Love the Owari artwork, already pre ordered my copy

2. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Stand User

I didn't know Lain was a collector's Edition, I have the US LE but having discs I can actually watch may be useful....

3. sniper_samurai

sniper_samurai Great Teacher

Anyone notice the glaring error on Mangas bundled rerelease of Berserk: Golden Age? Its so bad it actually makes it illegal to sell in the UK.

[​IMG]

4. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

The third film is BBFC 18! I imagine this will be fixed when it goes to print. Hopefully anyway :p

sniper_samurai likes this.
  5. sniper_samurai

I think it's already gone to print its out next Monday. Shockingly bad that this wasn't noticed before now. The 3rd movie well and truly deserves its 18s rating.

6. Buzz201

Buzz201 Cardcaptor

It was, I believe @thedoctor2016 tweeted them about it a couple of weeks ago to no reply...

7. IncendiaryLemon

It might just be on the digital preview, the actual box may be different.

8. sniper_samurai

Indeed, still bad form to have an incorrect age rating being shown so close to release. Its not like its a placeholder while awaiting classification.

IncendiaryLemon likes this.
  9. IncendiaryLemon

Don't think these have been posted here, apologies if they have

Kinmoza:
    [​IMG]

Triage X:

[​IMG]

Neil.T and Jaysgba like this.
  10. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Stand User

Season 1 Collection 1 on Triage X? That can't be right, isn't there only 10 eps and a OVA for the series?

11. Jaysgba

Jaysgba Straw Hat Pirate

Misleading labels on anime releases are nothing new.

12. IncendiaryLemon

Even if there is no Season 2, that doesn't make it not Season 1 :p

st_owly, DragonBlaze67 and Jaysgba like this.
  13. crashmatt

the' From the creators of High School of the Dead' is misleading as well. It uses the same artist but was not written by the same author so anyone expecting the same will be disappointed.

14. demonix

demonix Great Teacher

Technically it isn't since it states creator and not creators meaning it's referencing Shouji Sato only and doesn't include his stuck in a rut brother.

Jaysgba likes this.
  15. st_owly

st_owly Railgun

Maybe Mangamatsu are hoping for a season 2 because booby shows sell

16. ayase

ayase Mushi-shi

After research I can say that the boobies in Triage X actually look like they may justify a purchase in this instance. Variety is the spice of life.

st_owly and IncendiaryLemon like this.
  17. crashmatt

I may be tempted if I see a copy in CEX at some point but not worth £30 or whatever

18. I dunno, man. It's supposed to be bad.

Have you watched Konosuba, btw? Whoever drew the boobies in that show undestands the concept of gravity, which is quite remarkable for anime. It's also hilarious and on Crunchyroll.

In other news, KinMoza looks adorable. I think I want it.

19. Rui

Rui Karamatsu Boy Administrator

I liked HSotD but couldn't get into Triage X at all. Same with KinMoza actually, but it's sort of amazing it's coming here and on BD when it's so appropriate for a UK release.

R

20. ayase

ayase Mushi-shi

It very probably is bad, I'm not sure I care any more as long as something doesn't actively annoy me. And if it wears its fanservice like its characters don't wear clothes it probably won't annoy me too badly.

Recommendation noted, as recommendations from your good self generally are. I'm actually going to start talking about the anime I'm watching again in the coming days/weeks so watch this space - we might actually have things to talk about again. Yay.
    [​IMG]

See, in a similar vein, I never can tell with these kinds of shows whether I'll find them cute and amusing or actively annoying.