1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by NormanicGrav, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Smeelia

Smeelia Thousand Master

I genuinely think everyone should at least try the first and last episodes of the first season of Kinmoza, they're a bit different to the rest of the show (and each other) and kind of uniquely awesome. I'm not saying everyone will love them, but they're worth experiencing. I think the main part of the last episode is mostly in the second half and it'd probably be stronger for watching the rest of the show but I think it'd work well enough without seeing the whole thing.

If I remember correctly, the last episode is also the one with the handpuppets, which feels like it could use it's own spinoff (or at least appear in more episodes). I suppose that's kind of what Best Student Council was about though.

Jaysgba and IncendiaryLemon like this.
  2. MVM

MVM MVM Representative Industry Representative

We received stock on this today and it does have an 18 certificate. So looks like they fixed it before it was too late.

Neil.T, bakum4tsu, Jaysgba and 3 others like this.
  3. Jaysgba

Jaysgba Magical Girl

If I'd known this Kaze release would actually make release date, I'd have preordered it when AOL had the 20% off code. Damn.

4. st_owly

st_owly Guild Member

I preferred HSOTD to Triage X. I probably won't buy Triage X but I did buy HSOTD. Shame the manga seems to be on permanent hiatus.

5. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Stand User

[​IMG]

First peek of the Gurren Lagann Collector's Edition with an unboxing coming next week. Looks good to me, kinda pissed off that I'm buying this show again after being ripped off by their Ultimate Edition but meh, I guess it's only £30.... I may even be able to sell that UE for a little more than that, if I can be bothered anyway.

Neil.T and Jaysgba like this.
  6. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Hunter

I'm tempted by the GL CE, but never watched it and not really keen on the mech part.

7. crashmatt

crashmatt Magical Girl

It's a nice set but I don't Like the show enough to buy it.

8. mrclt1994

mrclt1994 Hunter

I like the alternative art. Hope we get an unboxing soonish.

9. LukSkywalker

LukSkywalker Brigade Leader

It's gonna sell like crazy. The animation is superb, reminds me of Gunbuster, same studio I believe. The show plus 2 movies CE at that price may be the deal of the year.

10. Buzz201

Buzz201 Cardcaptor

If this is Gurren Lagann, I suspect most interested parties will have brought either the UE or the standard edition. There will probably be a lot of double buys though.

Jaysgba likes this.
  11. Jaysgba

Jaysgba Magical Girl

Which is definitely interesting, as it's a release designed to bring in new people, not existing customers.

Neil.T likes this.
  12. LukSkywalker

LukSkywalker Brigade Leader

I d love to see a CE like this for FMP (S1 and S2) and Space Dandy whose UE and S1 CE respectively were complete failures ( together with GL UE) imo.

13. Neil.T

Neil.T Great Teacher

Ironically, mainly due to a problem with the GLUE on the digipack trays. :p

Blaize, Joe, LukSkywalker and 4 others like this.
  14. Peachy

Peachy Bumpkin AUKN Staff

Found on Amazon:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jon O Fun and PilibO like this.
  15. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Continuing to clone the JP set's art, as expected. Looks great though!

16. Jon O Fun

Jon O Fun Great Teacher

Whoop! Hopefully AL can keep up with the monthly release schedule :)

And if you wanna do an early bird for Movie 2 could you wait until the 23rd please ;) ;)

17. Peachy

Peachy Bumpkin AUKN Staff

& the DVD version!

[​IMG]

18. Lutga

Lutga Mad Scientist

I don't really see the Gurren Laggann UE as being ripped off. Yes, it was comparatively poor to the later UEs, and of pretty shoddy quality all things considered - but it was clearly a step in a long learning process toward the far higher quality product we get now. Without it, we wouldn't be where we are now.

Peachy likes this.
  19. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav Hai Hai Grav desu Moderator

Eden of the East: Complete Series & Movies (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Slightly tweaked version that now displays a modified version of the slipcover spine and the display of the films alongside the TV series. Date on Amazon is still listed as February 20th.

20. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav Hai Hai Grav desu Moderator

No-Rin: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
    [​IMG]

Show By Rock!!: Complete Season 1 (Blu-ray & DVD)
    [​IMG]

Jaysgba likes this.