Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

What's the standard packaging for Manga/Animatsu these days? They briefly experimented with chipboard slipcovers but those were gone by the time Chaika (season 2 where?) was released in December 2015. Last release of theirs I bought was Madoka movie 3 and that has a card slipcover, and it looks las though the above releases might have as well. WHO KNOWS.

Chunibyo looks great. Sentai can't do remotely attractive subtitles and rarely do listenable dubs but they usually deliver with the cover art.

I bought Trinity Seven, and looked at HMV and spotted some of their other new releases. Its a thin card slipcover similar to Funimation releases.

What's the standard packaging for Manga/Animatsu these days? They briefly experimented with chipboard slipcovers but those were gone by the time Chaika (season 2 where?) was released in December 2015. Last release of theirs I bought was Madoka movie 3 and that has a card slipcover, and it looks las though the above releases might have as well. WHO KNOWS.

Chunibyo looks great. Sentai can't do remotely attractive subtitles and rarely do listenable dubs but they usually deliver with the cover art.

Every recent release has just been a standard amaray. I believe only Chunibyo and Raildex got those chipboard covers.

I bought Trinity Seven, and looked at HMV and spotted some of their other new releases. Its a thin card slipcover similar to Funimation releases.
Ah, okay. That's better than nothing. I know a lot of people don't care for slipcovers but I think they look smart.

On the subject of Sidonia, Manga tweeted the other day that they have no plans to release season 2 (as someone who bought Sentai's version of s1, albeit before I knew Manga were doing a nice release, I realise I'm part of the problem) And with no sign of Chaika s2 either, I wonder if this signals a change in their approach.

He was referring to Knights of Sidonia, not Chunibyo. I did in fact buy Chuunibyou, then promptly sold it and imported the Sentai Limited Edition, because I loved it so much :p

Whoops, must have misinterpreted the smaller part.

I wish you'd told me that before I blind brought it. I have weird issues with that show, and I almost feel bad for taking a £4 copy when somebody else might have appreciated it more.

Every recent release has just been a standard amaray. I believe only Chunibyo and Raildex got those chipboard covers.
Which is a shame, because they are really nice (although Index's back bleeds onto the spine a bit). Hopefully they at least continue with them for the Chunibyo and Raildex sequels.

MVM

Owarimonogatari: Volume 1 [Blu-ray] [DVD]
81vvCp9bxXL._SL1500_.jpg

81qbphOj-bL._SL1500_.jpg

Serial Experiments Lain: Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray & DVD]
81fq5IKwOTL._SL1500_.jpg

Back