UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Stiivun said:
Stiivun said:
GolGotha said:
Siren Visual is offering 30% off everything this month with the code 'SPRING2015', so I bit the bullet and ordered Monster. Sadly, the 30% off only really covered the shipping fee (which was $40), but either way, I thought some people here would be interested.

Tempting, very tempting, as Monster is on my to-buy-list for ages now. Did you go for the complete set or the parts ? Never have ordered from the Siren Visual shop myself, but i guess the chance of getting hit with custom charges is big ?

HdE said:
It's one I'd been waiting for - seemingly for ages, so it can't have been that long since it last came around.

I think I'll spring for it for a tenner. Heard some bad things about it, but a pulp writer pal of mine of Facebook lost his mind over it a ways back. Which is a good sign.

I felt a couple of episodes missed the mark but I did enjoy it and it's only 12 episodes so if you force yourself through anime you dislike because you've started watching then it's not going to take up too much of your time.

Edit: It was DOTW at the end of August last year.

Stiivun said:
GolGotha said:
Siren Visual is offering 30% off everything this month with the code 'SPRING2015', so I bit the bullet and ordered Monster. Sadly, the 30% off only really covered the shipping fee (which was $40), but either way, I thought some people here would be interested.

Tempting, very tempting. Did you go for the complete set or the parts ? Never have ordered from the Siren Visual shop myself, but i guess the chance of getting hit with custom charges is big ?

Complete set, I think. It works out cheaper and you get the artbox. When I checked yesterday, there was a "Get A Quote" option for the shipping charge. Don't know if it includes custom charges, though.

I'll probably put an order in, today or in a few days.

Yes, I got the complete set. Although I wish the artbox was clean off all those awful logos and such, ah well...
My total order, after the discount, was $124 australian dollars, which is about £58/£60.

Good experience with Siren Visual so far, it was easy to place order (glad that you can use PayPal) and only a couple hours after I placed my order it was shipped. Can't wait to get Monster.

I went ahead and ordered Monster.

I technically can't afford it, and I'm dreading customs charges, but what the hell. I may never get as good a chance to get hold of it. Just means I won't be buying any anime next month.

Now if only they could get Illya down to sub £30...

BTW, bit of a dumb question, I assume that Gundam still comes with the Artbox from Zavvi. I only ask because it isn't pictured.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Now if only they could get Illya down to sub £30...

BTW, bit of a dumb question, I assume that Gundam still comes with the Artbox from Zavvi. I only ask because it isn't pictured.

Illya is £31.99 on AL's store, think the cheapest compared to other places atm.

All releases of Gundam Part 1 come with the box for both parts, it's limited to 1000 units though so if you want it i'd decide soon as it'll probably sell out within a few months given how the pre-orders have been tracking.

That's a great price for a great series. I might have to go for that at that price. I have seen it and I really liked it but I'm not sure I'll want to watch it any time soon...

Edit: Ah screw it, I got paid today, I put an order in.

Some great deals on zavvi there, Space Dandy is steal at that price. Still waiting for a deal on Space Dandy Season 2 :lol:

Is the CE of Patema Inverted worth getting? I've got the SE but not sure whether to double dip and get the CE.

Back