UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Shiroi Hane said:
Ordered it because I liked it on Crunchyroll. Shame it doesn't have an actual ending.

One of those shows which got cancelled mid-season or when the producers were expecting another season to be commissioned?

This is the first one I'm seriously considering, I love Seiji Kishi and Makoto Uezu. Just have to decide if the whole PAL DVD thing is going to annoy me too much or not.

Kite said:
Shiroi Hane said:
Ordered it because I liked it on Crunchyroll. Shame it doesn't have an actual ending.
One of those shows which got cancelled mid-season or when the producers were expecting another season to be commissioned?
It's Kadokawa. Half their anime seem like they're just adverts for manga/novels which never get translated...

It's a strong series, I enjoyed it anyway. I went into it thinking it was going to be a strait up horror-type thing, but while it has elements of that, it's actually far more first and foremost a romance, and a pretty moving one at that. It's got a good dub and nice characterisation too - as well as fanservice and some pretty icky 'oh god!' bits too if you like that too.

I'll pass on this. Zombies ain't my thang.

BUT! With the cash I squirrelled away for this and last week's DotW, I'll most likely pick up smething from MVM's catalogue at full price.

The problem is, I'm not sure whether or not I want Sankarea having never seen it, and while I have some extra money at the moment, I already used it to finally get a PS4 and Christmas is coming so I can't be too extravagant...

I want Bakemonogatari, and Rice Digital have it really cheap, but I can't afford to spend any money at the moment.

Damn you for drawing my attention to that site IncendiaryLemon :(

Buzz201 said:
I want Bakemonogatari, and Rice Digital have it really cheap, but I can't afford to spend any money at the moment.

Damn you for drawing my attention to that site IncendiaryLemon :(
If you're looking at buying any of the Monogatari series, suggest looking under other sellers on Amazon and finding MVM's own shop. It's often way cheaper than what Amazon have listed on the front page.

Same price as Rice Digital currently (without the current 10% discount promo though).

Back