UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Emo185 said:
serpantino said:
Lutga said:
Play.com currently have a promotion on where you can get £5 off orders of £10 and over when you use the promo code SPEND10

Think that's the one for http://www.rakuten.co.uk not play.com (same company) it doesn't work on play.com

Rakuten is basically a 'Marketplace' but majority of the anime titles listed seem 'way-overpriced'.

I recommend using it on the Blu-ray Ghibli Movies. I used mine on Porco Rosso and got it for £7.50ish. Also Pom Poko would be well used with this code, shame its only 1 use per customer.

Emo185 said:
Rakuten is basically a 'Marketplace' but majority of the anime titles listed seem 'way-overpriced'.

Play.com is just a marketplace nowadays too, I am guessing Rakuten is working on phasing out play.com to use their own brand name as these vouchers keep coming every week. I miss play.com as a true retailer as they had some great prices.

Morbo86 said:
I recommend using it on the Blu-ray Ghibli Movies. I used mine on Porco Rosso and got it for £7.50ish. Also Pom Poko would be well used with this code, shame its only 1 use per customer.

There is another code: MSERAK10 which is £10 off a £40 spend but annoyingly it only works with 1 storefront, I tried to use it to get some xmas presents for my girlfriend from various stores but you can't checkout all at once so I ended up getting Persona IV 1-3 on blu-ray for £36 from basecom (base.com's selling profile on rakuten)

I know literally nothing about Infinite Stratos. For the price and premise, it seems liek a good deal - anyone able to recommend?

HdE said:
I know literally nothing about Infinite Stratos. For the price and premise, it seems liek a good deal - anyone able to recommend?

Yup, it's basically your standard harem show, but with mechs thrown in for good measure. That said, it's quite glossy in terms of production and the character designs are pretty well done in my opinion.

Lutga said:
HdE said:

Yup, it's basically your standard harem show, but with mechs thrown in for good measure. That said, it's quite glossy in terms of production and the character designs are pretty well done in my opinion.

I found it fairly entertaining, and it seemed to have set itself up reasonably well for a 2nd season. I actually sought out the light novels only to find it had decided to go the full on harem route adding extra girls without moving the plot forward much :(

Rosencrantz said:
Lutga said:
HdE said:

I found it fairly entertaining, and it seemed to have set itself up reasonably well for a 2nd season. I actually sought out the light novels only to find it had decided to go the full on harem route adding extra girls without moving the plot forward much :(

Also, another thing I love is that in the English dub, they actually do the 'accents' - ie. the British girl has a British accent (albeit a laughably comical one), the German girl has a German accent etc - just adds that little bit extra to it.

The show does the whole innuendo/tension thing without ever getting too smutty, like a lot of these shows do - good, clean fun on the most part.

And as usual, the male lead is absolutely clueless to the affections of the girls.

Back