UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Wow, that did go quickly, good price though and I'm glad I held off the other week when I was going to pick it up at £30.

I'm worried how much of these next 11 days my wallet can withstand.

I think Andrew's hand-drawn covers are actually better than some official ones! It's pretty easy to tell what they are, at least.

R

Has tomorrows been revealed yet on the alltheanime site?

Pondering the FMA Brotherhood OVAs. I'm slowly immersing myself in the bluray combi packs even though I not buying a bluray player lol.

-Danielle- said:
Has tomorrows been revealed yet on the alltheanime site?

Pondering the FMA Brotherhood OVAs. I'm slowly immersing myself in the bluray combi packs even though I not buying a bluray player lol.

It's Durarara :)

Gutted I missed out on the Cowboy Bebop. Was one series I've been meaning to get for a while. Was unfortunately at work all day so no chance to nab it. Ah well.

That was a brilliant price for Cowboy Bebop, not surprised it sold out. I'm waiting for Gurren Lagann, Hal, Outlaw Star and Tiger & Bunny The Beginning in the sale. Wonder if they'll put up the Attack on Titan soundtrack or Time of Eve in the sale.

DaMN that sold fast! Like most people it seems I'm waiting for Hal... That's gonna go fast too. Guessing quite a few people don't wanna drop £25 on something that's a bit of an unknown and quite different to anything else Al offer :p

On a side note anybody with a PS Vita Sony's 12 days of Christmas sale for today is One Piece Unlimited World Red for £12.99 (cheapest I've ever seen it) it's also pretty damn good too :)

How many laws does Alltheanime.com want to break?

No registered address on the website is the biggie, unless it's hidden along with the terms and conditions of sale.

Although going through to the checkout brings up this listed as "returns policy" in the footer:
https://checkout.shopify.com/2834240/policies/1627140

Although seems to have no option to tick to agree to them.

Someways it breaches so many parts of the Consumer Protection Regulations:
1 -No returns on sale items, only on full price items... how many full price items are currently for sale on the website?
2 - no refund on original postage

How have they released an english dub bluray on their site yet not provided them to retailers?

Amazon UK still doesn't have this and I preordered the DVD version for like £33 back in February!!! I am displeased :(

"LANGUAGES ON DISC: English dub and Japanese language track with English subtitles."

Kite said:
How many laws does Alltheanime.com want to break?

No registered address on the website is the biggie, unless it's hidden along with the terms and conditions of sale.

Although going through to the checkout brings up this listed as "returns policy" in the footer:
https://checkout.shopify.com/2834240/policies/1627140

Although seems to have no option to tick to agree to them.

Someways it breaches so many parts of the Consumer Protection Regulations:
1 -No returns on sale items, only on full price items... how many full price items are currently for sale on the website?
2 - no refund on original postage

Hi Kite,

Funny - you could have mailed this all too me on instant message here if you had concerns or felt like helping too ;).

Here we go though as some good points raised here:

Our address is on every single invoice + receipt sent out - so that box is ticked and it should be also on the site, if not I'll dig it out so it's more visible :). It's not a problem to sort anyway so I added it to our returns policy too so it's nice and clear!

The policy should be easily found so it's likely just a mistake on my part too there so I'll get it into the footer asap :)!

1. No return on sale items -> Eep - that's an auto-generated part which is pretty weird! We've actually corrected that now because it's totally not our policy - usual Distance Selling rules apply :). Good catch there, thanks! I've just re-written the whole thing really from being an auto-generated one so it's a lot clearer now. Let me know if that makes sense :).

2. No refund on original postage -> Now when you keep in mind that we include shipping free of charge, baked into the cost, for UK people, then this isn't an issue as by default we do. It is however to cover against the frankly exorbitant costs of shipping outside of the UK via courier and for extra value services like UPS. It's not super clear as we did auto generate the most part of it so I've corrected it to reflect this but please note we have always actually respected this rule :).

Hope this helps!

Andrew

-Danielle- said:
I'm not being funny but how the hell have they released an english dub bluray on their site yet not provided them to retailers?

Amazon UK still doesn't have this and I preordered the DVD version for like £33 back in February!!! I am really not impressed and frankly p*ssed off.

"LANGUAGES ON DISC: English dub and Japanese language track with English subtitles."

Hi Danielle,

Sorry to hear this but just to be clear, our Blu-Ray edition has always had the dub on it! Amazon often doesn't list the fact despite us stating very clearly that it does...

We've not re-authored yet which is why no DVDs as we didn't see the point of buying a faulty set of discs from Australia to manage the job. As it's a huge task that is the reason for the delay and we are very sorry for it!

We're not putting anything new for DRR on sale here and if you drop us a line at andrew AT alltheanime.com I will sort something out as I get that the delay on the DVD is really gut wrenching for fans too :).

Very best,

Andrew

Cheers for that Andrew. Damn I never knew the Bluray did all along! It might of spurred me to finally invest in a player! lol. I haven't minded waiting but seeing the shock of the dubs on the site (which I thought was a brand new thing) made me like "whaaaaaaaaat". Lol :p

Will you be drawing tomorrows clue?

Also, do you happen to know around what time the stuff is selling out as I'm worried I'll always miss a chance. Also, will all of these be bluray and if so, will any be combi play as I only have a dvd player.

Muchos love.

-Danielle- said:
Cheers for that Andrew. Damn I never knew the Bluray did all along! It might of spurred me to finally invest in a player! lol. I haven't minded waiting but seeing the shock of the dubs on the site (which I thought was a brand new thing) made me like "whaaaaaaaaat". Lol :p

Will you be drawing tomorrows clue?

Also, do you happen to know around what time the stuff is selling out as I'm worried I'll always miss a chance. Also, will all of these be bluray and if so, will any be combi play as I only have a dvd player.

Muchos love.

Not a problem at all - I'd have felt the same given Amazon's weird lack of posting that detail (we send it out everytime and they don't list it so I have taken to including it in the blurb we include as that always gets listed @_@) :D!

I'll be drawing a clue this afternoon so fear not - there'll be a drawing :D.

Some will be DVD, some Combi and some BDs :)! Tomorrow is a BD but then a four day run of DVD or combi's :).

Andrew

Combi Packs? Hal...soon. :p

I'm wondering. If Time of Eve ends up being a part of the sale, does that mean that if you bought it in the last month, you'll get a voucher? (I'm a little confused about whether the description about the Voucher for purchases in the last month)

That Durarara price was incredible. Did it sell out quicker than Bebop did yesterday?

Back