UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Anime Limited have a little deal going on for Christmas. Details below:

HOW WILL IT WORK?

Each day a new deal will start at 09:00 and run until 18:00 in the evening - it’ll be a deep discount (at least 50% off the SRP) and all stock will be non-returnable and all sales final. Shipments will go out the next business day via Royal Mail unless otherwise upgraded.

Here’s a breakdown of the start end end titles to whet people’s appetites ;).

1. Thursday the 4th of December - Cowboy Bebop (Blu-Ray standard collection) -> SRP: £39.99 | Sale Price: £??.??
  2. Friday the 5th of December - ???
  3. Saturday the 6th of December - ???
  4. Sunday the 7th of December - ???
  5. Monday the 8th of December - ???
  6. Tuesday the 9th of December - ???
  7. Wednesday the 10th of December - ???
  8. Thursday the 11th of December - ???
  9. Friday the 12th of December - ???
  10. Saturday the 13th of December - ???
  11. Sunday the 14th of December - ???
  12. Monday the 15th - Kill la Kill (Blu-Ray Collector’s) -> SRP: £59.99 | Sale Price: £??.??
Note - Kill la Kill Collector’s Edition is the remainder stock from MCM London so is 0.4 seconds out of synch on Episode 4 of the English dub track. This is the only reason it is in the line-up and is a clearance on stock we couldn’t get discs changed.

WHAT IF I BOUGHT IT LAST MONTH FROM YOUR SHOP?

Excluding Kill la Kill (where all shop copies sent out were perfectly fine so don’t qualify), we’ll send you all a voucher for the difference between the sales price and the actual from the shop. Purchases must have been made from our shop and between the 1st of November until the 27th of October.
More here

This sounds amazing - although if it's just their own titles, I have them all already (which is probably what Andrew wants to hear anyway, ha!)

I might be tempted to buy Outlaw Star (even though I tend to not buy anime on DVD anymore) if it's around £15 (srp: £34.99), everything else I already own too (or am waiting on a collection - Garden of Words)

This is why I shouldn't buy Anime Limited's releases straight away :) I own them all already.

Generous of them to offer the difference if a release drops in price if you've purchased it recently though. I wonder if that's automatic or you have to apply for it?

I like that offer. Considering Bebop is the only AL release I have so far, I'm very interested. KLK I'll probably pick up, as I'll just watch it subbed anyway.

and all stock will be non-returnable and all sales final

I wonder what the Consumer Contracts Regulations have to say about that particular clause on their website...

They could end up in deep water if they try and enforce that clause when it breaches what was known as the Distance selling regs, mainly the cancellation rights within 14 working days (assuming you don't open any seals)

Kite said:
and all stock will be non-returnable and all sales final

I wonder what the Consumer Contracts Regulations have to say about that particular clause on their website...

They could end up in deep water if they try and enforce that clause when it breaches what was known as the Distance selling regs, mainly the cancellation rights within 14 working days (assuming you don't open any seals)

Although if the customer has knowingly bought into the deal with the foreknowledge of the non-returnable line, then surely that would void the usual regulations? (i'm not expect on this matter though)

Getting people to agree to something that is in contradiction with the law, does not change the underlying law.

Extreme example, but take euthenasia, despite all parties agreeing, it still isn't legal.

Regarding the non returnability of items like DVDs, that is only the case if they've been handled in excess of what would be acceptable in a store (wrapping removed). If you receive something in the post and want to return it however, you have 14 days as usual, no matter what the seller says (afaik).

I foresee Anime Limited shifting a TONNE of Cowboy Bebop BDs!

One question - this appears to be the complete series BD collection on offer. I'll throw down for that whatever, but were the Blu Ray glitches fixed for that?

Thank you Stiivun! I had a feeling they had been (Anime Limited are nothing if not conscientious about fixing production gaffes) but lately details like that have all blurred together in my mind.

Bring on the Bebop!

Worried about how quickly the Kill la Kill BD could get sold out. I guess I'll have to wake up early for the next ones. :lol:

I was hoping Andrew would actually follow through with the 12 days of Andrew drawing anime covers thing. :lol:

Back