The Visual Novel Thread

Everything with regards to the release will be free, its a hobby VN project by some enthusiasts.

Which reminds me, I need to dig out the address of /jp/'s hobby VN creation board and see how those projects are going.

finally got round to finishing Aeka Shiraki's arc in YUMEMIRU and what can i say. Beautiful to sum it up in a word, the story itself was flawless and the musical cue's complimented the scenes perfectly, 10/10 for that arc.

Also just did the Nekoko arc, i was dissapointed to say the least. The actual story itself was just all a bit shallow and too focused on the actual sex scenes. i'd maybe give this a 5 or 6 out of 10.

So I was looking around on some recent releases and seems that a new group called Neko-soft are producing an English release of Project Lily, a shojo-ai visual novel. The name alone makes it pretty... sceptic

projectlily.png

Plus there's episodes 2&3 out for school days from Sekai prject too

fabricatedlunatic said:
Woohoo! After years and year of bottom-of-the-barrel shite, we're finally getting official translations of decent VNs.
Did you miss things like Shuffle, and KiraKira. Those are both top rated VNs.

When I say "finally" I'm counting titles like KiraKira and Family Project which have been released in the last year or so. Did you miss the previous decade when it was mediocre release after mediocre release, with just the occasional gem here and there? I didn't.

Things are looking up. Now we just need people to actually buy the games.

Reaper gI said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Woohoo! After years and year of bottom-of-the-barrel shite, we're finally getting official translations of decent VNs.
Did you miss things like Shuffle, and KiraKira. Those are both top rated VNs.
Top rated doesn't mean good. Shuffle was garbage. I'll start caring about releases when it's a Nitro+ or Type-Moon VN.

However, I am glad that Manga Gamer are doing what they should have been doing all along, and that's working with those that are making fan translation patches. The damn anime industry should learn from this.

Reaper gI said:
Nitro+ are releasing games in English, why do you think Nitroplus USA exists.
Did I say they didn't? No. I did not.

Stuart-says-yes said:
why hasn't there been an english release of F/SN yet, surely it would sell well.
God knows why. I have to wonder what goes through the heads of industry bigwigs.

Stuart-says-yes said:
why hasn't there been an english release of F/SN yet, surely it would sell well.

I only say this because I desire to play it.
It would cost a fortune to licence and the ports are a no go area as they're on Sony consoles. Sony will not alow VN releases on it's consoles outside Japan (as they're not games), it's why Sakura Taisen 1/2 PSP can't be released in English.

It'd have to be the unvoiced PC version, and the TL would be a nightmare not too mention the fact most people who would be interested have played it already.

Back