The Visual Novel Thread

Kirrimir said:
it's PUMA, a clothing brand that from what i was aware was only avalaible in the UK.
Dude, you need to get out more. Puma is available in any well developed country.

Back on topic:

I finished Clannad a while ago. I could very well put up a mini review for it at some point soon.

Yay!! Finally enjoying the origins of Type-Moon's knightly novel, Fate/Stay Night.
*Hugs Ilya* I've been killed by her twice now! :D Love her reactions in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I didn't mean to spoil it... I thought it'd be quite a well-known think with the certain person's characteristics. At least I didn't tell you how the event happens. ;)

It's not spoilers because those are obviously bad ends. You can't have the hero die and have the game finish (unless you chose the normal end for Heaven's Feel) :3.

Anyone know where I can get Asian language files for Windows 7? I'm reinstalling all my visual novels after switching to Windows 7, but it seems that there are no files on the installation CD and there are no options to install them in control panel or change non-unicode characters to Japanese.

They should be on the 7 disk.

What version do you have?

edit:

I'm gonna make the assumption you have tried this.

Start
Control Panel
Clock, Language, Region
Change Keyboards or other input methods
Change keyboards...
Add...

I selected Japanese -> Microsoft IME

Yes I have. When installing, the text that should be in Japanese is all jibberish, so I know something isn't right. I'm pretty sure it's a requirement to set non-unicode characters to Japanese for text display right in visual novels. However, Microsoft seem to have dumbed down Windows to compete with Apple so tinkering with more advanced settings is out of the question it seems.

Yeah, Bad ending and good ending on YUME for Mizuki.

as awesome as this is the bad ending made me cry a little and the good ending made me d'aww. Aka-chan! :O

I noticed Minori going C&D mad for people translating their projects, I first heard about it when I went to check on the sekai project for school days, just to find out their translation project on Eden* was dropped due to editing wars on TLwiki.
In retaliation there's been a C&Dwiki put into place blocking Japanese IP's, though I reckon they just put that into place to create rage, and quite possible a bigger Internet Backdraft then SubDub/Shipping wars

Otaku-san said:
I noticed Minori going C&D mad for people translating their projects, I first heard about it when I went to check on the sekai project for school days, just to find out their translation project on Eden* was dropped due to editing wars on TLwiki.
In retaliation there's been a C&Dwiki put into place blocking Japanese IP's, though I reckon they just put that into place to create rage, and quite possible a bigger Internet Backdraft then SubDub/Shipping wars

There was an article on sankaku a while back about this and Minori were saying 'come to japan to play our games!'. Would anyone actually spend all that money to go to a country to play a few games? No.

Anyone played Katawa Shoujo? I just downloaded act one from Fakku but i aint got round to playing it.

can't say i have

thought on the subject of VN, i have just bought Kira Kira and the fan addon. :D

how these cops haven't arrested me yet is still beyond me.

Ryo Chan said:
can't say i have

thought on the subject of VN, i have just bought Kira Kira and the fan addon. :D

how these cops haven't arrested me yet is still beyond me.

Oh i was thinking of getting that, have you played curtain call yet?

Kirrimir said:
Anyone played Katawa Shoujo? I just downloaded act one from Fakku but i aint got round to playing it.

Play on, it's very good. Despite originating on 4chan of all places, it's probably one of the best written VNs currently available in English.

Professor Irony said:
Kirrimir said:

Play on, it's very good. Despite originating on 4chan of all places, it's probably one of the best written VNs currently available in English.

This

Of course we all play for Hanako, Hanako is luv
708.jpg

or Misha for me she has a her style that's a pure hard fetish for me

"GIGGAAA DRILLLL!!"
2604.png

Back