The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Yes I wasn’t thinking of you as I know you wouldn’t watch k-on, or Sound due to it’s high school setting I’m talking about fans of those who are ignoring this. And the director of Tsurune is the director of ep 10 of VE it’s best ep by miles.
And men loving each other is not yaoi... if western fandoms could move on from using that it would be fabulous as it’s no way sexually explicit even if people were gay in it, which I doubt. (This is a criticism I’ve seen launched at a Banana Fish which is why I’m end of my tether with it)

I dunno how MAL works, but is comparing the number of reviews something that came out a while ago has to something that's just started airing really reasonable? Not that I think that matters tbh, you can be a fan of a companies output but not wanna watch everything just because they made it, doesn't make you any less of a fan and you know, people who aren't fans maybe just thought VE looked better...

Last edited:
I dunno how MAL works, but is comparing the number of reviews something that came out a while ago has to something that's just started airing really reasonable? Not that I think that matters tbh, you can be a fan of a companies output but not wanna watch everything just because they made it, doesn't make you any less of a fan and you know, people who aren't fans maybe just though VE looked better...
Haha why I am like this over KyoAni easily people treated me like I wasn’t a fan after watching Free so I’ve watched everything they’ve produced. And yes it’s unfair metric but it’s the best we have as Free is s3 so unfair and MAL is biased against certain shows. High speed isn’t even a 8/10 while Maid dragon is yeah bias and I know which has more critical acclaim

Yeah. The current score is weighted because the show isn't finished, so a 10 won't mean a 10 until the end. Also a lot of people, like myself don't rate until it's finished either.
So Tsurune may well go up, as might Bunny senpai which is at 8.38 currently so might beat APFTTU.

I stopped rating anime and manga on MAL before finishing it a while ago. Feels a bit strange rating an anime if it’s only had like two episodes and is incomplete (unless you drop it and score it then I suppose)

unless you drop it and score it then I suppose
I think those are still weighted, but people dropping and still rating will still affect the score.
It's why new stuff is normally always scored less than sequels (especially at the beginning of the season) because of people who watch everything, but then rate and drop when it's not to their liking where as a sequel will have already got rid of those people leaving just the fans. Obviously if the sequel is poor the score will go down.

I think those are still weighted, but people dropping and still rating will still affect the score.
It's why new stuff is normally always scored less than sequels (especially at the beginning of the season) because of people who watch everything, but then rate and drop when it's not to their liking where as a sequel will have already got rid of those people leaving just the fans. Obviously if the sequel is poor the score will go down.
That’s a good point.

Is there somebody on tumbrl?
Do they delete posts automatically with no warning? Like after some age, inactivity, no enough views or whatever?
I am puzzled right now, as some post I had put up on my blog (an unboxing of the Funi Steins;Gate movie in late spring 2017) has mysteriously disappeared as I just noticed. The post about the German S;G Unboxing which I had created about a week prior to the missing post is still up. (And it's the one linked in my sales list.)
Some posts which are older than the one in question are also still there. That includes one that has no notes/likes/comments.
I haven't checked yet, if some other ones have disappeared, but I know about that one for sure, because I had a conversation about it, had referred to my post back then and somebody else has been looking at the images. (I didn't do a direct link unfortunately, just a link of the tag, as the post in question was sitting right on top of the tag.)

Last edited:
Noticed people talking about the Your Name replacement discs and realised i haven't messaged AL about them yet, apparently you need to be specific about your issues with discs or you won't get a replacement so what did everyone say the issues were?

Noticed people talking about the Your Name replacement discs and realised i haven't messaged AL about them yet, apparently you need to be specific about your issues with discs or you won't get a replacement so what did everyone say the issues were?
Here's what I wrote in the first half of my email. The second was asking about whether I was eligible due to buying from Zavvi (I was) and my address just in case.

Dear Sir/Madem,

I wish to participate in the disc replacement scheme for the above product due disappointing visual quality of the product.

They accepted that. Also don't forget to put YOUR NAME - BLU-RAY as the subject. And send to
[email protected]

I emailed them to confirm my address and got a response that the one they had on record was right so hopefully I see results.

Regarding Soul Eater NOT, Just Passing Through's review on myReviewer stated that there's an audio dropout with the Japanese audio 1:16:51 into disc 1 of the BD/DVD, cutting off at the start of a sentence, which I'm guessing is sometime near the beginning of episode 4, but as no-one else mentioned this in their own reviews of the DVD or BD, can anyone who have already seen the broadcast version confirm this with their sets (if they have one)?

can anyone who have already seen the broadcast version confirm this with their sets (if they have one)?
I haven't seen a broadcast version or whatever, but I checked my copy of Manga's DVD, and the audio dropout is indeed there. It happens immediately after the title card.

I can honestly say I didn't even notice it the one time I watched it before, though.

EDIT: I think the affected line begins with "semete" in Japanese, so only the first syllable, "se", is missing.

I haven't seen a broadcast version or whatever, but I checked my copy of Manga's DVD, and the audio dropout is indeed there. It happens immediately after the title card.

I can honestly say I didn't even notice it the one time I watched it before, though.

EDIT: I think the affected line begins with "semete" in Japanese, so only the first syllable, "se", is missing.

Thanks for telling me. I've managed to find a clip of that scene in question (without the dropout), and it did start with "semete".

Back