The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Can anyone help me I’m looking for a film it would of been in the 90s it was on the sci-fi channel they were in a big city with walls all around it. There was a under ground were machines ran the city the main girl was called eve and at the end she blasted off in to the sky in a rocket

Can anyone help me I’m looking for a film it would of been in the 90s it was on the sci-fi channel they were in a big city with walls all around it. There was a under ground were machines ran the city the main girl was called eve and at the end she blasted off in to the sky in a rocket
That sounds a lot like Megazone 23

Have a question for those that have ordered from Amazon Japan.

I received the shipping email today from Amazon and one from DHL telling me my shipment is on it's way. I also got a text from DHL telling me when the delivery is due. Around 2 hours later I get another from DHL telling me a payment for importation charges is due even though I pre-paid the VAT.

What I pre-paid was a bit higher than what the text says.

Never ordered from Amazon Japan, so is it normal to get this text and I should just ignore the text. Seems like a generic text that is just sent out in advance.

Have a question for those that have ordered from Amazon Japan.

I received the shipping email today from Amazon and one from DHL telling me my shipment is on it's way. I also got a text from DHL telling me when the delivery is due. Around 2 hours later I get another from DHL telling me a payment for importation charges is due even though I pre-paid the VAT.

What I pre-paid was a bit higher than what the text says.

Never ordered from Amazon Japan, so is it normal to get this text and I should just ignore the text. Seems like a generic text that is just sent out in advance.
I’ve only had to pay import duties with DHL from amazon Japan when I’ve got it through the marketplace. Try putting your tracking number in here: DHL - Pay Now as it’ll tell you if you have duties and how much. If you’ve pre-paid then maybe try calling dhl or email amazon Japan.

Check using that link. Amount to pay is the same as what the text message has. So my first time ordering using a pre-pay VAT option and I'm getting a message from DHL asking me to pay a importation charge. Off to a good start with pre-payed VAT.

Anyone having problems with getting subtitles on Amazon on PS4 after the new firmware update? The option no longer seems to be on the video, the only options I have is quit, rewind, play/pause and fast forward!

EDIT: They're back!

Last edited:
I’m after a little bit of advise...

Are there any shows folks would recommend whole heartedly on funinow? My queue is getting pretty scarce. I’m willing to give pretty much anything a go if there’s a decent reason to watch it. Genres don’t matter too much as long as there’s a decent setting/characters/plot, preferably all three.

I’m after a little bit of advise...

Are there any shows folks would recommend whole heartedly on funinow? My queue is getting pretty scarce. I’m willing to give pretty much anything a go if there’s a decent reason to watch it. Genres don’t matter too much as long as there’s a decent setting/characters/plot, preferably all three.
Checking what I've watched, and enjoyed, against your MAL watched list:
Ghost in the Shell: Arise. The story is interesting as it tells you how Section 9 got put together. I don't like Kusanagis new design though.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. It's only season 1 dubbed, there's a dub of season 2, not sure if/when it'll be available. Both seasons are on Crunchyroll.
Mushi-shi. Episodic with not much of an over-arcing plot, but each story is interesting. Again only season one, season 2 is elsewhere (check NGs list). It's in both languages, but beware season 2 never got a dub.
New Game! & New Game!! Maybe not your thing. SoL about making games.
Recovery of an MMO Junkie and Tsuki ga Kirei. A couple of SoL romance shows.

Current season:
Karakai Juozu no Takagi-san.
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens. Just make sure you watch episode 2 before deciding whether to continue. Episode 1 is a bit of a mess.

Ghost in the Shell: Arise. The story is interesting as it tells you how Section 9 got put together. I don't like Kusanagis new design though.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. It's only season 1 dubbed, there's a dub of season 2, not sure if/when it'll be available. Both seasons are on Crunchyroll.
Mushi-shi. Episodic with not much of an over-arcing plot, but each story is interesting. Again only season one, season 2 is elsewhere (check NGs list). It's in both languages, but beware season 2 never got a dub.

Current season:
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens. Just make sure you watch episode 2 before deciding whether to continue. Episode 1 is a bit of a mess.
Thanks for those suggestions. I’ll have to go check I added recovery of an mmo junkie to MaL, it really is a great show. As for the rest, I’ll be happy to give most a go. Even Gundam! Have tried a couple over the years and have never fared well with them.

Thanks for those suggestions. I’ll have to go check I added recovery of an mmo junkie to MaL, it really is a great show. As for the rest, I’ll be happy to give most a go. Even Gundam! Have tried a couple over the years and have never fared well with them.
I see you watched MSG Wing. IBO is also separate from the main canon, so no worries about knowing too much about the original.

Current season:
Mushi-shi is an inspired choice, I love its atmosphere

Oh man, MushiShi is one of my favorite anime, it's so good! It's also definitely one of the most "Japanese," from a cultural aspect. I have the Funi DVD for Season 1, the R4 madman DVD for Season 2, and both seasons and the OVA's on mostly 1080p fansubs , all backed up in numerous places, lol.

If Aniplex ever released this series in full with subtitles, on Blu-ray through AoA, I'd be elated. I'd pay $500 for it with no hesitation. That and Blood+. My life would then be complete.

Last edited:
I had hoped France would release S2 on blu ray as they did with Season 1, but alas, nothing on that front at all and meanwhile the Japanese BDs seem to have gone OOP. I'd even get a Japanese Complete Box with no subtitles, but the chances for even that aren't high as the appearantly sold bad. =I
(And also the artbook. I missed the release date just by a few month and then it was gone, too. >_>)

Back