The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Long delayed follow up to my previous question...
Does anybody know if the Italian macross plus blu-rays use the Japanese masters or if they're an in-house upscale?

So, about the Yugioh 5Ds boxsets that have just been released... as someone who had originally not seen past GX, exactly how many episodes of 5Ds have been English dubbed? And in addition, how many episodes are included in both of the DVD sets?

I know the first box is 64 episodes, but the Amazon listing says the second box only goes up to episode 97. I know that not all of 5Ds was dubbed but it's my understanding that it was at least more than that? Crunchyroll and other anime sites say there's 130+ episodes that were dubbed, so why are the listings saying the DVD's omit 30+ episodes? See, I wouldn't be confused if not for three facts;

1) Combining the runtime of both boxsets, and then dividing by 20 minutes for each episode would suggest there is at least 120 episodes across both sets, it's simply way too long for there to just be 97 episodes. As far as I know, there are no special features in either release, so where is this runtime coming from?
2) Even if there was only 97 episodes across two sets, the existence of a 3rd set containing the rest of the subbed episodes would clear things up... except there isn't, because this is the same release America got. So if that's the case, it's not the "complete" series, is it? So why are Manga advertising it as such?
3) The second set has 8 discs... for what is supposedly 33 episodes... tell me I'm not the only one thinking that's unnecessary? If there's 64 episodes in the first set with 8 discs, that's 8 episodes a disc. By that same logic, they could easily fit the contents of the second across 4 or 5 discs. And I know how a lot of companies like to moan about authoring costs, so surely they wouldn't nee 8 discs for 33 episodes?

So yeah, can anyone give me any answers here? Cause I'm totally confused.

So, about the Yugioh 5Ds boxsets that have just been released... as someone who had originally not seen past GX, exactly how many episodes of 5Ds have been English dubbed? And in addition, how many episodes are included in both of the DVD sets?

I know the first box is 64 episodes, but the Amazon listing says the second box only goes up to episode 97. I know that not all of 5Ds was dubbed but it's my understanding that it was at least more than that? Crunchyroll and other anime sites say there's 130+ episodes that were dubbed, so why are the listings saying the DVD's omit 30+ episodes? See, I wouldn't be confused if not for three facts;

1) Combining the runtime of both boxsets, and then dividing by 20 minutes for each episode would suggest there is at least 120 episodes across both sets, it's simply way too long for there to just be 97 episodes. As far as I know, there are no special features in either release, so where is this runtime coming from?
2) Even if there was only 97 episodes across two sets, the existence of a 3rd set containing the rest of the subbed episodes would clear things up... except there isn't, because this is the same release America got. So if that's the case, it's not the "complete" series, is it? So why are Manga advertising it as such?
3) The second set has 8 discs... for what is supposedly 33 episodes... tell me I'm not the only one thinking that's unnecessary? If there's 64 episodes in the first set with 8 discs, that's 8 episodes a disc. By that same logic, they could easily fit the contents of the second across 4 or 5 discs. And I know how a lot of companies like to moan about authoring costs, so surely they wouldn't nee 8 discs for 33 episodes?

So yeah, can anyone give me any answers here? Cause I'm totally confused.

I've been watching a review copy and Manga's sets contain all 123 dubbed episodes overall. Season 2 contains 59 episodes over 8 discs, the listings on sites such as Amazon are incorrect.

Manga only have the license for the dub, so their release is the "complete series" of the 4Kids dub. Crunchyroll's license for the subbed version is entirely seperate.

Strange question, but for the people who buy from Amazon Japan (or anywhere else that use DHL I guess), how accurate is their tracking in terms of delivery estimates? I have a package coming and it's currently in the East Midlands but they say it's still not due til Friday :/ seems odd considering it got from Japan to London in a day so why would it take 3/4 days to get from the East Midlands to Edinburgh lol Having just checked Amazons tracking they say it's due tomorrow (it also said Friday at one point, then Thursday, now tomorrow)....

The only reason I ask is because I'd like to be around for it coming as I remember last time it came a day early so I wasn't about and they left it next door, my neighbour is a woman in her late 70s so I don't like the idea of her having to get up to accept a package for me.

Strange question, but for the people who buy from Amazon Japan (or anywhere else that use DHL I guess), how accurate is their tracking in terms of delivery estimates? I have a package coming and it's currently in the East Midlands but they say it's still not due til Friday :/ seems odd considering it got from Japan to London in a day so why would it take 3/4 days to get from the East Midlands to Edinburgh lol Having just checked Amazons tracking they say it's due tomorrow (it also said Friday at one point, then Thursday, now tomorrow)....

The only reason I ask is because I'd like to be around for it coming as I remember last time it came a day early so I wasn't about and they left it next door, my neighbour is a woman in her late 70s so I don't like the idea of her having to get up to accept a package for me.
Very accurate. If the DHL site says it'll be delivered on the day it says then it will. I've always had them arrive on the day it says on the DHL site (not through Amazon tracking)

Very accurate. If the DHL site says it'll be delivered on the day it says then it will. I've always had them arrive on the day it says on the DHL site (not through Amazon tracking)
Okay that's good to know as I'd be around on Friday so I'd rather that's when it came, seems weird it takes longer to get from London to Edinburgh than it took to get from Japan to London though lol thanks.

Most of the times when I've ordered stuff from Amazon.jp - the package has turned up a day earlier than the DHL prediction. But I think that's because I live in London, so you know it's coming pretty much as soon as it hits Heathrow.

Think this is the right place to ask this? Would it be possible for someone who purchased Anime Limited's Outlaw Star CE to test if the set plays on North American players please.

Anyone know if AL will post out any of the releases they have at MCM early if we order from their online store?

Think this is the right place to ask this? Would it be possible for someone who purchased Anime Limited's Outlaw Star CE to test if the set plays on North American players please.

Given AL lock almost all of their releases to Region B it's unlikely it'll work on Region A players.

Anyone know if AL will post out any of the releases they have at MCM early if we order from their online store?

I asked them about this on their stall as I already had outlaw star on pre-order but didn't want to wait. Short story is no. Maybe a little early, but I ended up buying Outlaw Star anyway and will cancel my order through their web shop.

I asked them about this on their stall as I already had outlaw star on pre-order but didn't want to wait. Short story is no. Maybe a little early, but I ended up buying Outlaw Star anyway and will cancel my order through their web shop.

That's a shame but i expected it tbh, if anything it makes me want to go to the next MCM London even more so i don't miss out on early releases like the ones at this MCM.

So I've decided to finally bite the bullet and allow myself to go to an MCM and will be going on the Saturday to MCM Birmingham. No idea what to expect, as I'm ultimately just going to see what I can buy early.
I get salty as I see early releases from Anime Limited at London this weekend (including ones I paid for ages ago on their webstore). I digress.

Any tips? The closest I've ever come to a con was a CollectorMania in Milton Keynes that just so happened to be on when I was there shopping many, many years ago.

As with any large gatherings of people that don't normally come into contact with each other, I would plan to be ill the week after.

Set a budget too I guess? So you don't go mad, depends on your impulse control.

Last edited:
Pack food and water as lines can be long. Wander round the whole show first before committing to buying anything. Be aware that quite a bit of merch could well be bootleg stuff.

Take a camera for the cosplayers. Always ask for permission for photos.

Other than that, have fun :)

It's definitely worth getting lunch early - ie. before 1, as the queues get super long after that. Also, the movement of people around the comic alley areas tends to get really choked up as the gaps between stalls are smaller.

Has anybody brought something from moviemars-usa on Amazon UK before? I'm after a now difficult to find US non-anime blu-ray, that might or might not be oversized, I don't know if I can trust them.

Back