The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Here's a quick one, anyone know what happened to Studio Canal's release of The Boy and The Beast?

Think it was originally slated for September, but couldn't find much info on a new release window.

Doh', seems the original order I placed months ago has now also been cancelled. Dunno what that says about the chances of a UK release.
Amazon said:
Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

"The Boy And The Beast [Blu-ray]"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GQ26M2A

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.

Pity, I'd have liked to buy some copies for relatives if there was a local release. I'll just buy it for myself for now (whenever I get around to it).

Really glad for that cinema showing a while back :/

R

Pity, I'd have liked to buy some copies for relatives if there was a local release. I'll just buy it for myself for now (whenever I get around to it).

Really glad for that cinema showing a while back :/

R

Did it ever get shown anywhere outside of London? I wonder if Studiocanal only had limited theatrical and chose not to pursue home video for it.

I'll put money on an Anime Limited announcement by the end of the year for The Boy and The Beast.

Probably. Because god knows they couldn't just not have a title for once.

Ugh. Finish what you've already announced before you go on a ridiculous overzealous spending spree. (*Insert other generally incoherent and oft repeated personal grumbles about the way things are going*)

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Studio Canal to find out what exactly happened with the Boy And The Beast - it definitely has to be one of the biggest release screw ups I can remember of late.

Okay, so I got the Book Walker Black Friday code working for me, and decided to buy all the currently released School Live volumes for the bargain price of about £15. Now, the service is fine, and the app itself is fine for reading, but one thing is bugging the life out of me. Is it possible to get the bookshelf to stretch to the whole screen? It just looks ugly. Super superficial thing that barely matters, but it just really annoys me!

IhZ67Jq.png

I assumed it was some Kindle compatibility issue due to the app coming from the Play Store, which I had to hack on to the device, but it's the same on my Nexus 7 too.

Can anyone tell me if UP1 include shipping & import costs in their prices or could it still be stopped by customs? Im trying to see if I should purchase from them or Rightsuff

UP1 ship from the UK but they don't do free shipping, so you'll be quoted for delivery (the pricing structure is in the FAQ somewhere but it's not extortionate). No customs concerns.

R

Question about the Ghibli releases, anyone know which ones come with slipcovers and which don't? I know Nausicaa doesn't have one but I thought that was the only one but when in HMV yesterday I noticed there was copies of Grave of the Fireflies and some had the slipcover and some didn't. Just I plan on picking up all the Ghibli movies in the next few months or so and would like to get slipcovers if possible but buying online I dunno what I'm getting til it's here so thought I'd ask.

Question about the Ghibli releases, anyone know which ones come with slipcovers and which don't? I know Nausicaa doesn't have one but I thought that was the only one but when in HMV yesterday I noticed there was copies of Grave of the Fireflies and some had the slipcover and some didn't. Just I plan on picking up all the Ghibli movies in the next few months or so and would like to get slipcovers if possible but buying online I dunno what I'm getting til it's here so thought I'd ask.

Apart from Nausicaa all of them originally came with slipcovers but given most have been out for a few years now and slipcovers are usually just with the first print it'll just be luck whether you get slipcovers or not. You're probably best getting them from HMV when you see the ones with slipcovers as they're usually in their 2 for £25 deal and that's the best you'll probably find.

Still abit miffed they haven't re-released Nausicaa as a blu-ray/dvd set with slipcover to match the rest.

Apart from Nausicaa all of them originally came with slipcovers but given most have been out for a few years now and slipcovers are usually just with the first print it'll just be luck whether you get slipcovers or not. You're probably best getting them from HMV when you see the ones with slipcovers as they're usually in their 2 for £25 deal and that's the best you'll probably find.

Still abit miffed they haven't re-released Nausicaa as a blu-ray/dvd set with slipcover to match the rest.
Yeah that's what I thought, I guess HMV is my best option then and I'll be sure to grab Grave of the Fireflies next (although I was focusing on the ones I haven't actually seen first). The 2 for £25 deal is also a bonus for sure, my only worry is getting all of them in there as honestly think I have more anime on shelves than them at this point, and my collection is tiny :/ a slipcover for Nausicaa would be great for sure, strange they haven't tbh.

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation.

Does anyone know if Funi's streaming site works through the PS3 internet browser? Sure someone mentioned it ages ago. I can no longer wait for the app, been waiting since May.

Also have they lost Assignation Classroom? Can only see the first 2 eps on there.

Does anyone know if Funi's streaming site works through the PS3 internet browser? Sure someone mentioned it ages ago. I can no longer wait for the app, been waiting since May.

Also have they lost Assignation Classroom? Can only see the first 2 eps on there.

Try switching between Simulcast and Uncut, that normally does it.

But I believe Crunchyroll has S1 subbed, if that would be a better option.

Thanks for the response. I watch everything dubbed (yeah I'm one of those guys haha), so want to sign up to Funi's site even though I've heard it's not that great. I guess at least I have 30 days to find out :)

Thanks for the response. I watch everything dubbed (yeah I'm one of those guys haha), so want to sign up to Funi's site even though I've heard it's not that great. I guess at least I have 30 days to find out :)

I watched the Assassination Classroom dub (until I caught up with the simuldub and switched to the sub version), it's actually very good. Shame, Funimation doesn't really have the website design skills to match.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Studio Canal to find out what exactly happened with the Boy And The Beast - it definitely has to be one of the biggest release screw ups I can remember of late.

Do we know yet what happened with The Boy and the Beast? Are Studio Canal just dithering, or do they no longer hold the licence for it?

Back