The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Azar

Thousand Master
My Crunchyroll ps4 app episodes always load up at extremely low resolution for the first 30 seconds or so before correcting itself, really irritating. Everyone else having this issue?

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
My Crunchyroll ps4 app episodes always load up at extremely low resolution for the first 30 seconds or so before correcting itself, really irritating. Everyone else having this issue?
Happens with mine sometimes too. The PS4 app can be very temperamental sometimes in general.

Mines like 2 - 5 mins. Netflix doesn’t have this issue prime video is similar to CR though. Nothing but those 2 have that problem

Buzzkillington

Combat Butler
Mine is usually like this and bumps up the resolution about halfway through the OP, I always assumed it was the norm tbh.

D1tchd1gger

Guild Member
Yep, mine does the same. I've been using the Firestick version since I found it goes straight to the correct resolution. Only downside is that when you pause there's something blocking the image which you can't get rid of and also no Share Button functionality.

The Funimation app is much better than the PS4 version, although that has a weird thing where you have to hold the Play/Pause button down if you want to keep it paused.

Adam-M

Stand User
For me the Crunchy PS4 app starts streaming at low quality but then increases resolution exactly 40 seconds in to the stream. If you immediately rewind the stream as soon as it starts then the resolution increases how you want it.

-Danielle-

Pokémon Master
Hi guys, since I booked to see Psycho Pass Sinners of the System at SLA, I thought it a great excuse to finally watch Psycho Pass as I've owned Season 1 for years. I'm loving it. What else has been released for this so far? - just season 2 and the movie or? - also does the movie come before of after season 2 watch wise please?

Gemsy-chan

Chuunibyou
Hi guys, since I booked to see Psycho Pass Sinners of the System at SLA, I thought it a great excuse to finally watch Psycho Pass as I've owned Season 1 for years. I'm loving it. What else has been released for this so far? - just season 2 and the movie or? - also does the movie come before of after season 2 watch wise please?
Only S1, S2 & Movie has had physical release over here. The movie comes after S2.

Relaxo

Student Council President
Highschool of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead Edition
English Audio missing for the OVA

(due to the fact that Manga rushed the release out and Sentai dubbed it a few months later)

ayase

State Alchemist
Cheeky question - Does anyone know if you have a trial of Amazon Prime if you still get free delivery on things you pre-order during the trial period, even if you cancel it after?

Buzzkillington

Combat Butler
Cheeky question - Does anyone know if you have a trial of Amazon Prime if you still get free delivery on things you pre-order during the trial period, even if you cancel it after?
Anytime I've cancelled my prime it's came up with a warning along the lines of "These orders will be affected" so I assume not. That said I've never actually had open orders when cancelling so the list that it brings up has always been empty so I can't say for certain.

Does anyone know if Cat Planet Cuties has any nudity? I don’t watch anime with nudity wasnt sure if this is safe.
it's a huge fanservice series, I dare say it exists for it, so as someone who watched it (but isn't bothered about nudity) it's a definite yes, I'm pretty sure the girl's race is introduced while they are in a sauna on their own ship

I'd say skip it anyway though, half the comedic stuff is someone losing clothes

ayase

State Alchemist
Does anyone have any insight into how Mandarake calculate shipping, or how it's best to order? I know a few members already buy from there - I only just created an account and it's like a treasure trove, but the shipping is quoting like, double the cost of the items I'm buying and they're not even particularly heavy. Is it better to make one large order? Multiple small ones? Buy a plane ticket to Japan and just pick your order up yourself?

Shadow Cat

Vampire Ninja
Does anyone have any insight into how Mandarake calculate shipping, or how it's best to order?
Each shop varies but my last orders were

Umeda
SAL Small Packet
Sub total: 7,500 yen
Shipping Fee: 1,190 yen

Nakano
SAL Small Packet
Sub total: 5,500 yen
Shipping Fee: 1,190 yen

Utsunomiya
SAL Postal Parcel
Sub total: 65,000 yen
Shipping Fee: 5,000 yen

What seem standard SAL Tracked rates

Important thing is to order items from one shop for each order as they dont combine shipping between shops

ayase

State Alchemist
Okay, something is really screwy here then because I was trying to order like half a dozen doujinshi and a lightweight book for 2000 yen from the same store and the cheapest postage option is 3300 yen. I'll look into it.