The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
You have to pay extra for 4K Netflix anyway so you're not going to accidentally get it! Most sites allow you to choose the quality and few have much actual 4K content (I don't use the BBC so can't comment on that).

We have a 4K TV and even though most content isn't natively so, it manages decently enough.

R
Yeah, you are required to pay a much more expensive subscription in order to access Netflix Originals at 4K resolution.

Meanwhile Amazon Prime, on the other hand, offers 4K Ultra HD at no extra cost. That's right, if you have a Prime sub, you got access to titles like The Boys, Carnival Row and Suspiria at UHD quality. Surprising isn't it?

João Gomes

Kiznaiver
Actually there is a workaround. A lot of Sentai Filmworks releases are able to play on certain UK players with certain methods and Crunchyroll releases are usually A/B compatible.
This thread should be of some help
Pretty extensive, and I had already happened upon that thread long ago, but didn't think much of it, because I never really considered the idea. The Sentai workaround seems extremely easy, though.

Thank you!

Azar

Thousand Master
My Crunchyroll ps4 app episodes always load up at extremely low resolution for the first 30 seconds or so before correcting itself, really irritating. Everyone else having this issue?
They've updated it! Still broken though. 😐

Oldmario

Student Council President
is there some sort of list with OVAs missing/unreleased from western anime releases? i know usually in Japan the OVA episodes are sold separately but over here a lot of the time they're included in the complete series releases but on a rare occasion they're not included ever over here ever or sometimes can get included in a re-release later

Relaxo

Student Council President
It mostly depends on the question, if the OVA was commissioned by the Manga publisher or the same team as the Anime itself.
Also it somehow depends on the time, the contract was finalized.
e.g. the German edition of Bikini Warriors includes 4 extra OVAs not included in Funimations. While the extra OVAs of UQ Holder are missing in the German release (but are included with Sentai & MVM)

also e.g. for Love Hina some OVAs are missing in all recent reprints of the series, but were included in first print runs.

Neil.T

Guild Member
@Teapot:

Technical question about the forum if you're about? 🙂

Are there any particular limitations on GIFs as avatar images? I uploaded one, but it only seems to be animated on the upload screen or when viewed in isolation from my own profile.

The image size is 240x240 and 73kB if that's any help. Also, it's only four frames in length.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
I think this is a question I’ve already asked before, so apologies if so, but...

What proxy shipper do people recommend as the best option? When I’ve looked some sites have one review site declaring them awful and another saying they’re good so it’s a bit of a head scratcher. I’m looking at making a potentially large purchase depending on fees.

farzam1999

Hunter
I think this is a question I’ve already asked before, so apologies if so, but...

What proxy shipper do people recommend as the best option? When I’ve looked some sites have one review site declaring them awful and another saying they’re good so it’s a bit of a head scratcher. I’m looking at making a potentially large purchase depending on fees.
I've used ShopUSA multiple times, they are great, but expensive (as like all forwarding services). You get an address in the US, which you need to ship the stuff to. Then you should also get some discounts as it's Black Friday season, and first time use.

Reactions: HWR

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
I've used ShopUSA multiple times, they are great, but expensive (as like all forwarding services). You get an address in the US, which you need to ship the stuff to. Then you should also get some discounts as it's Black Friday season, and first time use.
I‘ll check them out. It’s difficult trying to calculate a rough shipping cost without the box dimensions on any of these websites unfortunately.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
When I do it, I think I use 20x20x20 in cm, just to overdo it lol.
Oh I’ve tried that but with inches, also look at my recent Rightstuf orders to get a gauge for what a large box of titles would look like and weigh. I have no clue what sort of packaging Sentai Filmworks use, however.