The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Thanks for the timeline on it. I am only just starting it so perhaps as it goes on it'll work backwards to explain how it started so oddly.

I just remember the utter confusion Tokyo Ghoul:re left me in because it didn't fill you in on the missing parts as to what happened after Root A and the whole Kaneki and that Gourmet had to be explained to me and wondered if Psycho Pass went and did the bloody same :p
Back when the first season of re was about to air in Japan they even told people to catch up on the manga rather than assume continuity between Root A and re. I wish they’d just stuck to the manga storyline.

Anyone in for a more specialized recommendation round?

Just finished Stars Align this week and kind of wanting a bit more. (By nature of it's axed second part, even more so...) So am wanting something somewhat similiar.
Not exactly that sports part as a main focus though. (The match-episodes were easily my least favorite part of it.) More like how it's having really good direction/cinematography and character writing. And how it gives you the feeling of, somebody sat down and thought carefully about what they wanted to tell with the piece. I also liked how it's "light" on the main thread, but with serious topics interwined which slowly ooze out in that way that's not steering of into feeling overly gloomy, or too on the nose Hiob-style gutpunchy. They aren't the main spotlight, but nonetheless addressed with adequate attention. Kind of like feeling just honest.
There is A Silent Voice, but aside of having watched that already, it's in a way kind of the opposite with having heavy themes on the outset and lightness seeping through it by the by.

Last edited:
For my own curiousity, anyone know why Greek Mythology is prominent in the names of the episodes in Psycho Pass 3? I love Greek Mythology so it peaked my interest.

i always see the americans going on about being able to read comics and manga online for free via their library cards and some service over there, do we have anything like this in the uk?
My local main library (which is 2 blocks away from where I live) has a pretty good selection of manga and visual novels.

So... doing some minor digging, it looks like NIS America is removing shows from Crunchyroll. I was just about to watch Love Live School Idol Project, and it turns out the first season has been removed.

So... my Question is, do you think all the shows will get removed, or do you think Crunchyroll might be in negotiations do bring this show (and any others that get removed) back?

Love Live School Idol Project
It was on my list, but I guess it'll have to wait till it comes back, if it comes back. It was pretty low down on my list though.
Saw on that thread other NIS America shows may well be affected and they mentioned Toradora! which is higher on my list.
Any others people can think about?

It was on my list, but I guess it'll have to wait till it comes back, if it comes back. It was pretty low down on my list though.
Saw on that thread other NIS America shows may well be affected and they mentioned Toradora! which is higher on my list.
Any others people can think about?

A Lull in the Sea.

Since NIS has shifted back to games and pretty much abandoned anime letting their licenses lapse in the process I'd guess any and everything they had is up for bids.

I've started to watch the Index/Railgun series, but as far as I've read, I should start watching Railgun, then Index. I did it the other way around, have now watched 7 episodes of Index, but so far it's kinda boring, does it get any better? - I then watched 3 episodes of Railgun and I'm enjoying it much more than Index.
Can I just continue watching Railgun and dropping Index altogether? - Or will I regret that lol...
From what I remember season 1 of railgun is all before index (season 2 of railgun is more or less concurrent with season1 of index).

You dont really need to watch index to enjoy railgun. It's just that the main characters interact every now and then and you do gain from watching both but it's not vital either.

For what it's worth I agree that railgun is a much better show.

Railgun has the way more interesting characters. But index had more actual overarching plot and introduces more of the concepts of the lore. (That is coming from watching index S1, railgun S1 and reading the first 20 LNs which more or less match the first 3 index seasons.)
I'd say, they each focus on different things. The quality of index is also heavily arc-based, imo. Index herself is bluntly annoying, but later on does get moments of actual usefulness.

Half spoiler (not really?): there will be arcs in which she herself is pretty much shafted. (In since except for her months of usefulness.) (In S1 that starts at half line or so?) Later on (S3 ish or so) almost completely to the point that there was a twist and I was like "righttt, it is indeed still called index"
Touma himself is also a tat annoying at times, but index shifts into having three protagonists of equal focus later on and touma kind of gets more of cooler moments, when the show isn't pandering on his so very much bad luck. (Which imo is chiefly "let him run into all the stupid harem tropes that there be.")
The last arc from S1 was a nice one focusing on the Railgun cast.

Railgun S1 was more cute girls SoL, yes. I find it charming at the time, but really kind of missed a proper overarching thing like index had. (Also has a number of Cameos which don't make sense without index)
S2 is probably a bit different due to a certain arc happening. Still have to watch that though. Now I'm so late with watching my sweets I own for years, might as well wait until I've got S3 completely here.

Back