The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

farzam1999

Magical Girl
Oh I’ve tried that but with inches, also look at my recent Rightstuf orders to get a gauge for what a large box of titles would look like and weigh. I have no clue what sort of packaging Sentai Filmworks use, however.
From what I've seen over on blu-ray.com, people have posted their hauls with their box. Here's a quick example ;)

Reactions: HWR

ayase

State Alchemist
Did Rightstuf's UK shipping just about double in the last couple of weeks? I made two orders of multiple items when they started their early holiday sale and shipping was $13.49 for each order, now the cheapest it seems to be coming out at even for one single item is $22.91.

farzam1999

Magical Girl
Seems that their shipping price has gone up. Up to 5 items was $13.49, now I just put a single (standard) blu-ray in the basked and shipping is $18.89.

ayase

State Alchemist
Depends what you ordered as it goes by weight.
Yeah, I was aware of that but I ordered like two boxed sets each with two amaray cases plus one single amaray the other week for only $13 for all of them, now even only one two amaray box is showing as $23. Two are like $28. That's a pretty major price hike, and if RM decide to factor the postage in for tax purposes (I still don't know if they do or if they're supposed to) that could be a pretty big customs hit too.

Relaxo

Great Teacher
Right Stuf Shipping to UK / EU (Old -> New):
0 - 1 lbs. $13.49 -> 0.0 - 1.49 lbs. $18.89
1 - 2 lbs. $22.74 -> 1.5 - 2.49 lbs. $23.71
2 - 3 lbs. $29.23 -> 2.5 - 3.49 lbs. $34.04
3 - 4 lbs. $35.72 -> 3.5 - 4.49 lbs. $38.87
4 - 5 lbs. $43.36 -> 4.5 - 5.49 lbs. $44.36

So its a steep increase for very small items, but as weight limits for each level have been slightly increased small savings are possible dependig on the weight of your order

crashb648

Kiznaiver
Hello There!

I'm just wondering if people would recommend sites out there that sell official/unofficial Posters? (Specifically K-ON!)

I've bought from Red Bubble before, but not having much luck there.

Any help would be great.

WMD

Pokémon Master
Hello There!

I'm just wondering if people would recommend sites out there that sell official/unofficial Posters? (Specifically K-ON!)

I've bought from Red Bubble before, but not having much luck there.

Any help would be great.
Dunno about posters but Displate do metal prints that are really nice. Had a quick look and found this K-on one Hokago Tea Time Anime & Manga Poster Print | metal posters - Displate

Also for reference here are some I bought on my wardrobe.15751419163852054519547958531770.jpg

Captaaainuniverse

Time-Traveller
A bit of question on the Christmas sales so I don’t have to miss MVM’s sale
So I might be having a change of address early next year, complicated circumstances but I own the house I grew up in just at the top of the street, me and my brother decided to rent it out but the tenant we have has decided to move out by the end of this month, we’re having a look if everything’s above board with the house then and thinking of moving after the new year

what I’m wondering is, what can I do if any pre orders have a delivery date sometime in the new year? Don’t think anyone lives close enough for p&p to be a mighty burden

Relaxo

Great Teacher
IIrc MVM does not offer discounts on pre-orders during 12 days of Christmas, however they usually offer a 20% off everything (incl pre-orders) in the first week of January

ActionFaust

Pokémon Master
IIrc MVM does not offer discounts on pre-orders during 12 days of Christmas, however they usually offer a 20% off everything (incl pre-orders) in the first week of January
Last year they did discounts on sets like Princess Principal and Made in Abyss iirc

Luna

Pokémon Master
Does anyone have good real Anime/Manga gem to recommend for a new discovery?
That's
  • not licensed for a home video release outside of Japan (or JP is cheaper/way nicer for around the same price level)
  • preferably not too expensive (x-mas sales are still ongoing...), so mostly thinking of Amazon Marketplace used offers. TV shows at higher three digit figures are a bit out of reach atm as well
  • (Japanese-only is not an issue)

My lists with ratings for reference in terms of haves/likes/etc:

shina_luna's Profile - MyAnimeList.net (<-- ignore the plan to watch/read lists though, they are an utter mess)

Context: I got a couple of things from Japan via forwarding (because Amazon wouldn't ship to Switzerland directly. Yay.) But as it turns out, I was too much of an airhead to count properly. So the forwarding package went out a couple of hours before the last item arrived with them. 🙈 That item has now started a new package. Holding time is 30 days before the forwarding package gets out, that is, pretty much only this month is left. Everything I'm actively looking for is only coming around after mid-January. I'm having a little bit of no clues to what to best get for this one in order to not just waste the forwarding fee.

Had been thinking of the Natsume Book of Friends movie, aber AoA's is just a simple amaray, but just noticed the offer I was eying says it comes with no extras (and no other good used offers there.)

Last edited:

D1tchd1gger

Claymore
Does anyone have good real Anime/Manga gem to recommend for a new discovery?
Yuru Camp? I went to MAL and compared our lists. It wasn't on the shared list, it also wasn't on the list for stuff unique to me either for some reason?

I did discover that score wise you caned my 3 10s with a 7, 6 and a 5!!

Luna

Pokémon Master
Hm, would be interesting........ If BD volume 1 weren't like ¥8,980 even used. (Ouch.) Other volumes look likewise juicy.
The Manga is scheduled for release in 2020 in German, so that one's out.

Incidentially, is this a show that's stuck on some licensing hell or something like that? Seems like the manga is out in English already.

I did discover that score wise you caned my 3 10s with a 7, 6 and a 5!!
Out of curiosity, which are those? =D

D1tchd1gger

Claymore
Incidentially, is this a show that's stuck on some licensing hell or something like that? Seems like the manga is out in English already.
Crunchyroll helped with some money towards it, so I guess they have the rights to the physical release, but it was quite a popular show so I'm guessing it still generates enough cash for their streaming service. Same with A Place Further Than the Universe, both nearly 2 years old already!
The Yuru Camp manga has 7 volumes out in English with another coming in March.

Out of curiosity, which are those? =D
A Place Further Than the Universe 7
Tokyo Godfathers 6
Only Yesterday 5!

Joe

Magical Girl
Anyone know how much Nana the complete series on DVD is worth? Thinking of ebayin it
The Australian set?

Hard to say. The individual US sets have sold recently for between £50-over £100 each (pro-tip: search for the thing on eBay, then tick "Sold listings" in the sidebar to get a sense of how much things usually go for), and I've seen people listing for much more, but usually not selling. I once saw a seller regularly listing the complete Australian set for about a grand, which obviously didn't sell... meanwhile I bought the same set from someone on this forum for a tenner.

¯\(ツ)/¯.

Dave1988

Thousand Master
The Australian set?

Hard to say. The individual US sets have sold recently for between £50-over £100 each (pro-tip: search for the thing on eBay, then tick "Sold listings" in the sidebar to get a sense of how much things usually go for), and I've seen people listing for much more, but usually not selling. I once saw a seller regularly listing the complete Australian set for about a grand, which obviously didn't sell... meanwhile I bought the same set from someone on this forum for a tenner.

¯\(ツ)/¯.

Yeh the Aussie set