The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Neil.T

Chuunibyou
My physical back log has officially gotten out of hand so I need someone to help me pick what to watch, because I literally cant decide. Please! 🙂
I echo @Adam-M's recommendation for Serial Experiments Lain: there's nothing else quite like it.

To pick something that hasn't already been mentioned, though... Punch Line. It's clever and daft in probably equal measure. (And it's very clever. 😉)

D1tchd1gger

Claymore
OREIMO is a fun show. Don't forget the Specials for both seasons. Season 1's are an alternative ending from the source material as the season had an anime original ending and the season 2 ones finishes the story and they certainly are special 😉
For a more serious answer AnoHana is an excellent show.

You've probably now got most of the shows recommended, so back to square one 😆

Azar

Stand User
Yeah you guys aren't making my life any easier. 😅

I think ive settled on K-On! for now, since 2 people mentioned it early. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Azar

Stand User
You won't go wrong with K-On. 👍
Both seasons and the movie, is it?
I'll start with the 1st season and see how it goes. Usually I get burnt out on these types of shows if I watch too many episodes, so I might take a break before season 2. I still need to buy the movie.

Luna

Pokémon Master
Can I ask for the same? Decision fatigue is a bit bigger in my case. 😅

This is my physical backlog (well, the list-maintained part of it).
Designates: Physical: I own it, have it on pre-order, is currently underway, reserved, or I will have it in my hands physically inbetween with permission to watch it.

And dunno, there is also my rewatch backlog
most of which I still haven't unsealed....

Also free for everything completely unlicensed or "you really shouldn't wait". (Only have Stars Align for the latter and Given for the former on to surface of my mind though.)

Girls wIth Guns

Pokémon Master
For Azar's list the ones I would watch first would be all the good, serious drama stuff - something like K-On I would never even want to stream, let alone put a physical copy on my anime shelves, lol... ;)

Jormundgand (by far my top favorite of this list!)
Ergo Proxy
Gunslinger Girl
Terror in Resonance
Eden of the East
Noein
Serial Experiments Lain
Mitchiko and Hatchin
Durarara X2
Escaflowne
Aldnoah Zero
Erased
Snow White
Future Diary
Golden time

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
Ok so I’ve decided to watch Psycho Pass Season 3 as I love the franchise a smidge more than I love the dub cast.
Question - I’m so confused about how this season has started. Has this done similar to Tokyo Ghoul Season 3 where it like jumps from Season 2 to some odd place where you’d only know the gap if you read the Manga please? Did I miss something in the movie even? As I’ve seen sinners of the system since then so where Season 3 has landed I’m still hella confused over “missing” people and these new ones! Haha.

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
Thanks for the timeline on it. I am only just starting it so perhaps as it goes on it'll work backwards to explain how it started so oddly.

I just remember the utter confusion Tokyo Ghoul:re left me in because it didn't fill you in on the missing parts as to what happened after Root A and the whole Kaneki and that Gourmet had to be explained to me and wondered if Psycho Pass went and did the bloody same :p

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Thanks for the timeline on it. I am only just starting it so perhaps as it goes on it'll work backwards to explain how it started so oddly.

I just remember the utter confusion Tokyo Ghoul:re left me in because it didn't fill you in on the missing parts as to what happened after Root A and the whole Kaneki and that Gourmet had to be explained to me and wondered if Psycho Pass went and did the bloody same :p
Back when the first season of re was about to air in Japan they even told people to catch up on the manga rather than assume continuity between Root A and re. I wish they’d just stuck to the manga storyline.

Luna

Pokémon Master
Anyone in for a more specialized recommendation round?

Just finished Stars Align this week and kind of wanting a bit more. (By nature of it's axed second part, even more so...) So am wanting something somewhat similiar.
Not exactly that sports part as a main focus though. (The match-episodes were easily my least favorite part of it.) More like how it's having really good direction/cinematography and character writing. And how it gives you the feeling of, somebody sat down and thought carefully about what they wanted to tell with the piece. I also liked how it's "light" on the main thread, but with serious topics interwined which slowly ooze out in that way that's not steering of into feeling overly gloomy, or too on the nose Hiob-style gutpunchy. They aren't the main spotlight, but nonetheless addressed with adequate attention. Kind of like feeling just honest.
There is A Silent Voice, but aside of having watched that already, it's in a way kind of the opposite with having heavy themes on the outset and lightness seeping through it by the by.

Last edited:

-Danielle-

Death Scythe
For my own curiousity, anyone know why Greek Mythology is prominent in the names of the episodes in Psycho Pass 3? I love Greek Mythology so it peaked my interest.

zrdb

Student Council President
i always see the americans going on about being able to read comics and manga online for free via their library cards and some service over there, do we have anything like this in the uk?
My local main library (which is 2 blocks away from where I live) has a pretty good selection of manga and visual novels.

crashb648

Kiznaiver
So... doing some minor digging, it looks like NIS America is removing shows from Crunchyroll. I was just about to watch Love Live School Idol Project, and it turns out the first season has been removed.

So... my Question is, do you think all the shows will get removed, or do you think Crunchyroll might be in negotiations do bring this show (and any others that get removed) back?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Crunchyroll/comments/epfl7e