The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

D1tchd1gger

Claymore
Love Live School Idol Project
It was on my list, but I guess it'll have to wait till it comes back, if it comes back. It was pretty low down on my list though.
Saw on that thread other NIS America shows may well be affected and they mentioned Toradora! which is higher on my list.
Any others people can think about?

Azar

Stand User
It was on my list, but I guess it'll have to wait till it comes back, if it comes back. It was pretty low down on my list though.
Saw on that thread other NIS America shows may well be affected and they mentioned Toradora! which is higher on my list.
Any others people can think about?
A Lull in the Sea.

zrdb

Student Council President
Since NIS has shifted back to games and pretty much abandoned anime letting their licenses lapse in the process I'd guess any and everything they had is up for bids.

farzam1999

Magical Girl
I've started to watch the Index/Railgun series, but as far as I've read, I should start watching Railgun, then Index. I did it the other way around, have now watched 7 episodes of Index, but so far it's kinda boring, does it get any better? - I then watched 3 episodes of Railgun and I'm enjoying it much more than Index.
Can I just continue watching Railgun and dropping Index altogether? - Or will I regret that lol...

WMD

Pokémon Master
I've started to watch the Index/Railgun series, but as far as I've read, I should start watching Railgun, then Index. I did it the other way around, have now watched 7 episodes of Index, but so far it's kinda boring, does it get any better? - I then watched 3 episodes of Railgun and I'm enjoying it much more than Index.
Can I just continue watching Railgun and dropping Index altogether? - Or will I regret that lol...
From what I remember season 1 of railgun is all before index (season 2 of railgun is more or less concurrent with season1 of index).

You dont really need to watch index to enjoy railgun. It's just that the main characters interact every now and then and you do gain from watching both but it's not vital either.

For what it's worth I agree that railgun is a much better show.

farzam1999

Magical Girl
From what I remember season 1 of railgun is all before index (season 2 of railgun is more or less concurrent with season1 of index).

You dont really need to watch index to enjoy railgun. It's just that the main characters interact every now and then and you do gain from watching both but it's not vital either.

For what it's worth I agree that railgun is a much better show.
Yeah, from the viewing order, it also said that Railgun takes places before.
The general consensus also seems to be Railgun > Index...

I think I'll give some more episodes to Index, but I think I'm going to drop it, seeing if it's worth going through 50 episodes that's boring lol.

Luna

Pokémon Master
Railgun has the way more interesting characters. But index had more actual overarching plot and introduces more of the concepts of the lore. (That is coming from watching index S1, railgun S1 and reading the first 20 LNs which more or less match the first 3 index seasons.)
I'd say, they each focus on different things. The quality of index is also heavily arc-based, imo. Index herself is bluntly annoying, but later on does get moments of actual usefulness.

farzam1999

Magical Girl
Railgun has the way more interesting characters. But index had more actual overarching plot and introduces more of the concepts of the lore. (That is coming from watching index S1, railgun S1 and reading the first 20 LNs which more or less match the first 3 index seasons.)
I'd say, they each focus on different things. The quality of index is also heavily arc-based, imo. Index herself is bluntly annoying, but later on does get moments of actual usefulness.
I've also read that Railgun is more SoL, so maybe that's why I seem to enjoy it a bit more. Having that said, I just watched another episode of Index, and man it's boring... And yes, Index (herself) is really annoying...

Luna

Pokémon Master
Half spoiler (not really?): there will be arcs in which she herself is pretty much shafted. (In since except for her months of usefulness.) (In S1 that starts at half line or so?) Later on (S3 ish or so) almost completely to the point that there was a twist and I was like "righttt, it is indeed still called index"
Touma himself is also a tat annoying at times, but index shifts into having three protagonists of equal focus later on and touma kind of gets more of cooler moments, when the show isn't pandering on his so very much bad luck. (Which imo is chiefly "let him run into all the stupid harem tropes that there be.")
The last arc from S1 was a nice one focusing on the Railgun cast.

Railgun S1 was more cute girls SoL, yes. I find it charming at the time, but really kind of missed a proper overarching thing like index had. (Also has a number of Cameos which don't make sense without index)
S2 is probably a bit different due to a certain arc happening. Still have to watch that though. Now I'm so late with watching my sweets I own for years, might as well wait until I've got S3 completely here.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Not exactly anime-related but I’m thinking of picking up Ultra Q and Ultraman on Blu Ray and was curious as to whether they can be recommended or not.

Adam-M

Stand User
Weren't some of the Ultraman series picked up over here for a Region B release? I've had my eye out but not seen anything.

Wicker

Completely Average High School Student
Just a question for UK customers who have ordered on rightstuf regarding shipping. I noticed this line in the shipping info "Shipping companies may charge a fee for delivering your package to a foreign country. Such fees, taxes, and customs duties are not included in our shipping price, and are your responsibility." Does this mean I will have additional fees to pay on top of the estimated shipping price (which for me would be 30 dollars) and if so when and where would I pay them? do they just subtract the additional fees automatically from my payment method?