The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Not exactly anime-related but I’m thinking of picking up Ultra Q and Ultraman on Blu Ray and was curious as to whether they can be recommended or not.

Just a question for UK customers who have ordered on rightstuf regarding shipping. I noticed this line in the shipping info "Shipping companies may charge a fee for delivering your package to a foreign country. Such fees, taxes, and customs duties are not included in our shipping price, and are your responsibility." Does this mean I will have additional fees to pay on top of the estimated shipping price (which for me would be 30 dollars) and if so when and where would I pay them? do they just subtract the additional fees automatically from my payment method?

Just a question for UK customers who have ordered on rightstuf regarding shipping. I noticed this line in the shipping info "Shipping companies may charge a fee for delivering your package to a foreign country. Such fees, taxes, and customs duties are not included in our shipping price, and are your responsibility." Does this mean I will have additional fees to pay on top of the estimated shipping price (which for me would be 30 dollars) and if so when and where would I pay them? do they just subtract the additional fees automatically from my payment method?
it will be delivered by either Royal Mail or Parcelforce and you will get either a letter (parcelforce) or silver card (Royal Mail) that tells you how much customs you have to pay as how to pay it.

it will be delivered by either Royal Mail or Parcelforce and you will get either a letter (parcelforce) or silver card (Royal Mail) that tells you how much customs you have to pay as how to pay it.

Thank you, any idea on what roughly I would have to pay? (I assume tax would already be covered?)

the limit is £15 so anything over that will be taxed (at 20%) plus the fees from Royal Mail (£8) or parcelforce (£12)

Ahh alright, so if I'm paying 300 dollars to rightstuf (330 with shipping) I still have to pay the 20% tax on that once It's delivered to me? (which I assume the letter from parcelforce or silver card would tell me where to pay the tax?)

Ahh alright, so if I'm paying 300 dollars to rightstuf (330 with shipping) I still have to pay the 20% tax on that once It's delivered to me? (which I assume the letter from parcelforce or silver card would tell me where to pay the tax?)
You pay it on their websites, there’s a web address on letter/card. You put in the tracking or reference number and then just follow the instructions.

No worries, can I expect to pay the full 20 percent vat amount on the order total? I found a thread from 10 years ago, which I don't know if its still accurate (Right Stuf Import tax) that says rightstuf just mark their orders as costing 5 pound and send the correct invoices at a later date, is this still the case or am I going to get hit with a big tax bill ? 😑

Last edited:
No worries, can I expect to pay the full 20 percent vat amount on the order total? I found a thread from 10 years ago, which I don't know if its still accurate (Right Stuf Import tax) that says rightstuf just mark their orders as costing 5 pound and send the correct invoices at a later date, is this still the case or am I going to get hit with a big tax bill ? 😑
They no longer do that, they put the current total & postage on the invoice. So you'll end up paying duties on the cost of your items + the postage. I would check to see if you can get what you want on up1usa.com as they are based in the UK so no extra taxes.

There is no point in complaining.
You pay the same VAT if you import stuff or buy it in the UK: 20%
The only difference is, that Royal Mail adds some kind of service fee (8 GBP?) on top.

However RightStuf and almost all other foreign retailers don't charge the VAT of their own country, so you won't get charged twice. As prices shown on any US retailer always exclude VAT, you don't notice this.. But if you order e.g. at Amazon Spain, Amazon will deduct the Spanish VAT (21%) first and then adding the British VAT (20%).

Smile & Doki Doki are on Netflix (edited, dubbed "Glitter Force"), and I guess Funimation had the first season for streaming?
Noticed Pretty Cure on Crunchyroll but the generic message:

"Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region: Pretty Cure"

So US only?

Does Glitter Force stay good to the original series or have they edited quite a bit (like the horrible 4Kids dubs)

US or US+CA?

Glitter Force was edited by Saban - the guys that "created" Samurai Pizza Cats, Bob in a Bottle, Digimon, Flint the Time Detective, Super Pig and Monster Rancher.
They skipped 8 episodes of Smile Precure and 19 episodes of Doki Doki.

tldr: Saban = 4kids²

Question about Kamisama Kiss Season 1 Funimation US release: are the discs from the save and essentials edition the same as the ones before? Save and Essentials are code A+B but the ones coming before them are indicated as code A.

Is High School DxD any good? - Like the plot of it, not the "plot" lol. I'm okay with the fanservice, but in terms of the actual plot.

Edit: There's some answers for this on the web, but that's either people who love the show or hate it. Just wanted to see what others might say.
The show is great, the third season is the weakest of the bunch but it gets back on track with the fourth season.

I was actually hoping that you were the one answering the question! - Great to hear!
I put in an order yesterday for all 4 seasons, seeing that season 2 had dropped to $34 and then season 4 dropped to $32. I'm trying to spend my money more on the shows I can't stream for free on Crunchyroll Denmark.

The order stays then, and thanks!
Nice, it helps that Seasons 1-3 are Region B compatible in the Funi version (Season 4 is Region A), but knowing you, you probably got that sorted :3

Did they not dub the next episode previews for the original Tenchi Muyo! OVAs?

I picked up MVM's set recently, and neither the Blu-rays or DVDs have English audio for them.

It's weird.

Back