The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Shadow Cat

Vampire Ninja
Would these shows/movie be worth picking up?

No Game, No Life
No Game, No Life Zero
Kokoro Connect

I always found people review NGNL as either really good or meh. I really enjoyed it. Good if you're ok with a bit of Ecchi. Is it still on CR? If so it might be worth giving it a few episodes

Kokoro Connect I'm still refusing to watch

farzam1999

Straw Hat Pirate
I always found people review NGNL as either really good or meh. I really enjoyed it. Good if you're ok with a bit of Ecchi. Is it still on CR? If so it might be worth giving it a few episodes

Kokoro Connect I'm still refusing to watch
Accidentally deleted my post whilst trying to edit it lol.
It's not on CR anymore, at least not in Denmark. But from what I watched on YT, it didn't quite capture me. So I won't be getting it.

Why won't you watch Kokoro? - The story seems interesting, and it's on CR, so I'll be watching the first episode.

Shadow Cat

Vampire Ninja
Why won't you watch Kokoro? - The story seems interesting, and it's on CR, so I'll be watching the first episode.
While I don't mind jokes and know full well Japanese Events/TV is different than what we have in the UK

The way they treated Ichiki was still really shi••y. If they have zero respect for a VA then I have no interest in watching the show

D1tchd1gger

Guild Member
While I don't mind jokes and know full well Japanese Events/TV is different than what we have in the UK

The way they treated Ichiki was still really shi••y. If they have zero respect for a VA then I have no interest in watching the show
I just read what happened:

Blimey! I guess they were trying to replicate the mind-f**kery the characters experience in the plot, but putting fictional characters through that is one thing, but to do it in real life is in very poor taste.

Well it's too late for me as I have already watched it and for what it's worth I enjoyed it quite a lot. The character development through said mind-f**kery is very interesting.

Girls wIth Guns

Thousand Master
I thought Kokoro Connect was pretty meh, I didn't care for it much at all. I watched it with the next-door neighbor girl in my theater about 6 months ago; we sat through the entire series but she didn't care for it either. The only thing of any interest in the show for me was best girl Inaba. I have my Sentai Blu-ray on my To Sell pile. In contrast, both of us loved MMO Junkie and ReLife - we watched MMO junkie just before and ReLife just after Kokoro Connect - those are two of my neighbor's favorite anime now.

Last edited:

Luna

Stand User
Oh my, how time passes... I've heard of the prank when the show aired. Still the boycott was a bit sad, as the show isn't altogether terrible either and it's also glossing over the people of the project who must have worked hard on it. (But that's just the thing with those loose-loose situations...)
Contentwise I would say solid slight above average. (Personally the most interesting part of it was how it was pretty blantantly trying to give it some KyoAni charm. And quite some does feel quite reminicent, it's stuck at there, just reminicent.)

NGNL is indeed a show you either like or hate in terms of characters. The two protagonists are, while presented as geniuses in one way, utterly pathethic and unable to properly live. They are essentially trolling their way though their isekai adventures. They are two very questionable characters, but everybody including themselves knows that. But at the same time, they also have their serious moments and useful sides. Essentially depends on whether those trolls feel overboard to you or not. Like their treatment of Steph in pretty bad, but at the same time, she has every freedom to just walk away, but doesn't, so in a way I don't really feel all that sorry for her either.
Personally I liked the optimistic part of it most. It's clearly an escapism fantasy, most literally in the show as well, but if you are at it already, might as well as simply enjoy it.
Direction wise it's really well put together (but the strong saturated colours may not be everyone's cup of tea), both the colorful moments and the sober ones. And there are a whole bunch of Otaku references to pick up. (It even has a Hyouka reference!) And that hopeful/optimistic note is strong there as well. Has a bit of an uplifting effect, too.

I just don't really like the Zero movie though. It's using the same pattern, while being really dark and sober and the main characters aren't such questionable individuals, so the face value cringy parts don't even feel like a troll, but just cringy. I guess another problem is that Riku is set out to be this respectful tragic hero, so the scale of bad things that happens in there kind of just feels undeserved. Alongside that the games (or the bluffing/trolling) part of it is somewhat weak. (The LN handled it better, the movie cut it short in favor of focusing on the romance drama.)

Azar

Thousand Master
Does anyone know if Studio Canal still send out fixed Ghibli slipcovers and if so what's the email I need to contact? Looking to get an Arriety #18 to replace my #6.

Edit - Found it here

Last edited: