The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

is there some sort of list with OVAs missing/unreleased from western anime releases? i know usually in Japan the OVA episodes are sold separately but over here a lot of the time they're included in the complete series releases but on a rare occasion they're not included ever over here ever or sometimes can get included in a re-release later

It mostly depends on the question, if the OVA was commissioned by the Manga publisher or the same team as the Anime itself.
Also it somehow depends on the time, the contract was finalized.
e.g. the German edition of Bikini Warriors includes 4 extra OVAs not included in Funimations. While the extra OVAs of UQ Holder are missing in the German release (but are included with Sentai & MVM)

also e.g. for Love Hina some OVAs are missing in all recent reprints of the series, but were included in first print runs.

@Teapot:

Technical question about the forum if you're about? 🙂

Are there any particular limitations on GIFs as avatar images? I uploaded one, but it only seems to be animated on the upload screen or when viewed in isolation from my own profile.

The image size is 240x240 and 73kB if that's any help. Also, it's only four frames in length.

I think this is a question I’ve already asked before, so apologies if so, but...

What proxy shipper do people recommend as the best option? When I’ve looked some sites have one review site declaring them awful and another saying they’re good so it’s a bit of a head scratcher. I’m looking at making a potentially large purchase depending on fees.

I've used ShopUSA multiple times, they are great, but expensive (as like all forwarding services). You get an address in the US, which you need to ship the stuff to. Then you should also get some discounts as it's Black Friday season, and first time use.
I‘ll check them out. It’s difficult trying to calculate a rough shipping cost without the box dimensions on any of these websites unfortunately.

When I do it, I think I use 20x20x20 in cm, just to overdo it lol.
Oh I’ve tried that but with inches, also look at my recent Rightstuf orders to get a gauge for what a large box of titles would look like and weigh. I have no clue what sort of packaging Sentai Filmworks use, however.

Did Rightstuf's UK shipping just about double in the last couple of weeks? I made two orders of multiple items when they started their early holiday sale and shipping was $13.49 for each order, now the cheapest it seems to be coming out at even for one single item is $22.91.

Depends what you ordered as it goes by weight.
Yeah, I was aware of that but I ordered like two boxed sets each with two amaray cases plus one single amaray the other week for only $13 for all of them, now even only one two amaray box is showing as $23. Two are like $28. That's a pretty major price hike, and if RM decide to factor the postage in for tax purposes (I still don't know if they do or if they're supposed to) that could be a pretty big customs hit too.

Right Stuf Shipping to UK / EU (Old -> New):
0 - 1 lbs. $13.49 -> 0.0 - 1.49 lbs. $18.89
1 - 2 lbs. $22.74 -> 1.5 - 2.49 lbs. $23.71
2 - 3 lbs. $29.23 -> 2.5 - 3.49 lbs. $34.04
3 - 4 lbs. $35.72 -> 3.5 - 4.49 lbs. $38.87
4 - 5 lbs. $43.36 -> 4.5 - 5.49 lbs. $44.36

So its a steep increase for very small items, but as weight limits for each level have been slightly increased small savings are possible dependig on the weight of your order

Hello There!

I'm just wondering if people would recommend sites out there that sell official/unofficial Posters? (Specifically K-ON!)

I've bought from Red Bubble before, but not having much luck there.

Any help would be great.

Hello There!

I'm just wondering if people would recommend sites out there that sell official/unofficial Posters? (Specifically K-ON!)

I've bought from Red Bubble before, but not having much luck there.

Any help would be great.

Dunno about posters but Displate do metal prints that are really nice. Had a quick look and found this K-on one Hokago Tea Time Anime & Manga Poster Print | metal posters - Displate

Also for reference here are some I bought on my wardrobe.15751419163852054519547958531770.jpg

A bit of question on the Christmas sales so I don’t have to miss MVM’s sale
So I might be having a change of address early next year, complicated circumstances but I own the house I grew up in just at the top of the street, me and my brother decided to rent it out but the tenant we have has decided to move out by the end of this month, we’re having a look if everything’s above board with the house then and thinking of moving after the new year

what I’m wondering is, what can I do if any pre orders have a delivery date sometime in the new year? Don’t think anyone lives close enough for p&p to be a mighty burden

IIrc MVM does not offer discounts on pre-orders during 12 days of Christmas, however they usually offer a 20% off everything (incl pre-orders) in the first week of January

Does anyone have good real Anime/Manga gem to recommend for a new discovery?
That's
  • not licensed for a home video release outside of Japan (or JP is cheaper/way nicer for around the same price level)
  • preferably not too expensive (x-mas sales are still ongoing...), so mostly thinking of Amazon Marketplace used offers. TV shows at higher three digit figures are a bit out of reach atm as well
  • (Japanese-only is not an issue)

My lists with ratings for reference in terms of haves/likes/etc:

shina_luna's Profile - MyAnimeList.net (<-- ignore the plan to watch/read lists though, they are an utter mess)

Context: I got a couple of things from Japan via forwarding (because Amazon wouldn't ship to Switzerland directly. Yay.) But as it turns out, I was too much of an airhead to count properly. So the forwarding package went out a couple of hours before the last item arrived with them. 🙈 That item has now started a new package. Holding time is 30 days before the forwarding package gets out, that is, pretty much only this month is left. Everything I'm actively looking for is only coming around after mid-January. I'm having a little bit of no clues to what to best get for this one in order to not just waste the forwarding fee.

Had been thinking of the Natsume Book of Friends movie, aber AoA's is just a simple amaray, but just noticed the offer I was eying says it comes with no extras (and no other good used offers there.)

Last edited:
Back