The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

WMD

Great Teacher
Overlord any good? - Is there anything I can compare it to? - just to get a feel of the show's setting.
I've seen seasons 1 and 2 really enjoyed it. The main character and the situation he finds himself in works really well in how they juxtapose what he thinks with how he has to behave.

Essentially every 4 episodes is one of the light novels so the pace is pretty constant and doesn't drag tho at times (particularly in s2) it feels like characters get randomly dropped because they've moved to a new book.

Overall its gd and worth a watch

I’ve had overlord feel like a bit of a chore tbh.
Yup, I’m one of the guys only intrested in the nazerick, you give the viewers overpowered characters that so far curbstomp the rest of the world every other character in the series is boring next to that, but the support characters - that is the regular characters of the world, still have their own arcs.
The worst by far is the lizard man arc, all you learn about them is that they form warring clans, beyond that they are pretty non - descript beyond what you think of lizardmen already, the whole thing felt pointless and the main characters gain nothing from interacting with them, all human characters so far have given them good information or in some way work to make more stuff for the nazerick

ActionFaust

Vampire Ninja
I feel it starts out pretty good but gets increasingly boring and pointless with each season. There isn't much to say about production either aside from the hilariously bad CG. At least the OPs and EDs are absolute bangers

D1tchd1gger

Railgun
Is Crunchyroll playing up for anyone. I'm still on my catch up and keep running into a problem with videos not playing seems mainly if press "next episode", but One Punch Man ep 7 won't play at all (I even tried using the browser version to no avail). Although Hitoribocchi was fine even with using "next episode"!
Right where's me 'at!

Adam-M

Thousand Master
For the last few weeks for me the PS4 app takes maybe four or five seconds of blank screen to start playing

farzam1999

Straw Hat Pirate
Anyone know if the French release of Hana & Alice has English subs? - blu-ray.com states it has, but various other sites doesn't mention it, though I found a French review, saying it had.

Scavenger

Student Council President
Anyone know if the French release of Hana & Alice has English subs? - blu-ray.com states it has, but various other sites doesn't mention it, though I found a French review, saying it had.
It has English subs, but iirc the English subs are out of sync. This was fixed in the UK release.

farzam1999

Straw Hat Pirate
subs don't play on time, but I dunno how bad. It was bad enough for AL to re-author the disc.
Thanks for letting me know. Think I'll go for the French release to start with (£7 is a good price imo), if I like it I may upgrade to the upcoming US release.

Relaxo

Dandy Guy, in Space
Does any of english-friendly release (Sentai, Animatsu, Madman) include the short bonus (mini theater) episodes of Amagi Brilliant Park?
It's not mentioned anywhere.