The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Gemsy-chan

Time-Traveller
I've recently bought something from amiami and received the invoice for shipping. How long is it before they actually ship the item?
Depending what time it is in japan when you pay it could be the same day or the day after. Usually no longer than a couple of days when I’ve ordered from them.

Patient-X

Cardcaptor
Depending what time it is in japan when you pay it could be the same day or the day after. Usually no longer than a couple of days when I’ve ordered from them.
Thank you, I received and paid the invoice two days ago but as you say it depends what time it is in Japan.

crashb648

Brigade Leader
Hello Everyone!

I'm interested in buying the Nisekoi: False Love Blu-Rays, but what do people think is the likelihood that show will make it on Funimation, since it was released by Manga UK?

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff
Hello Everyone!

I'm interested in buying the Nisekoi: False Love Blu-Rays, but what do people think is the likelihood that show will make it on Funimation, since it was released by Manga UK?
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the assumption that the only titles going onto Funimation Now in light of the recent acquisition were titles originally sublicenced from Funimation? Nisekoi is Aniplex, so I wouldn't hold my breath, not to mention the fact that Nisekoi over here was technically Kaze, no Manga directly, which just complicates matters more.

thedoctor2016

Akatsuki
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the assumption that the only titles going onto Funimation Now in light of the recent acquisition were titles originally sublicenced from Funimation? Nisekoi is Aniplex, so I wouldn't hold my breath, not to mention the fact that Nisekoi over here was technically Kaze, no Manga directly, which just complicates matters more.
No FMAB was from Aoj as FUNi has lost their rights themselves. But yeah Nisekoi is Kaze so I doubt it. Iirc it is on US CR that isn’t hard to get on.

Lambadelta

Combat Butler
Hello Everyone!

Nisekoi was a KAZE release wasn't it. MangaUK wouldn't hold the UK license in that regards

Luna

Stand User
Anybody can tell me, how the English territory releases of Big Fish & Begonia fare?

I came into the possession of the German disc (just the disc) for a review and the only on-discs extras are trailers of other Universum titles.) Are the English ones just as bare-bone?

There is a German Limited edition
No unboxing videos yet, but it looks like it's a the Standard reused along with random screenshot artcards and a bit of a booklet packed into a box. (And the booklet looks like it's just screenshots with some text?) Additional video extras apparantely are just 17 Minutes of Making of and an "Original Trailer".

The movie seems to have a bulkload of quite nice promotional artwork beyond the usual standard illustration that looks nice, but feels quite off with it looking like it's a CG with a digital overpain (or so?).
I suppose the likelihood of them being part of any English release is probably pretty low...? =/

On that note, has any other Chinese Animation production made it out of China so far? Seems like quite some nice things have been in the making these last few years.

Girls wIth Guns

Thousand Master
I have the US release of Big Fish and Begonia from Shout!, and it has listed on the back cover as Special Features:

Making-Of Documentary
Short Film that inspired Big Fish and Begonia
Music Videos
Theatrical Trailer

Relaxo

Dandy Guy, in Space
Is the picture quality of ADV UK's "You're Under Arrest - The Motion Picture" at least fine for DVD standards or a release to avoid?
(same for the other UK releases of the franchise)

Is the picture quality of ADV UK's "You're Under Arrest - The Motion Picture" at least fine for DVD standards or a release to avoid?
(same for the other UK releases of the franchise)
Here’s what I thought...

TLDR: Not really worth it.

thenewplayerX

Brigade Leader
Anyone know a good place to buy the ghibli movies? going to start buying them for my niece and nephew who are 4 and 8 since they're getting into anime but they're a lot more expensive than i remember :<

thenewplayerX

Brigade Leader
Ah yeah I can't seem to find anything at HMV, Im guessing they stopped online sales, I never really kept up to date with the HMV situation though the one I live near in London did close down so guess that's out of the question. Zavvi seems to have a few titles at 13 quid and under, maybe I will just get ponyo and arrietty to start for them since they're like 8-9 each

Oldmario

Brigade Leader
how easy is it generally to get the audio CDs included with Japanese BD releases separately? i want the character songs for Asobi Asobase but i can't seem to find any single releases only the ones included with the BD

Luna

Stand User
I'd say pretty hard, unless you know somebody over there.
People splitting up releases is rare enough (take me already being weird by splitting Blu-ray/DVD combos) and in that case you'd somehow get access to Japanese second hand market, that's not simply amazon.co.jp marketplace, but something like yahoo auctions. Ordering via forwarding services may make it more expensive than just getting the BD alongside it.

Luna

Stand User
Does anybody have a good tip about removing those Funi Digital stickers (among other stickers) from slipcovers?
I've read that oil or the oil from fire lighters are good against stickers in general, but at least with oil I'm pretty sure I'll just get the slipcovers become all fatty, too... =X

Captaaainuniverse

Mad Scientist
I think I've asked this before, but;
something for those who have massive cabinets in the "whole anime collection"
anyone know a good price on good cabinet/shelves? I'm balancing my collection on top of each other... not ideal

I have my eye on this one at the moment, £100 budget might be good