The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Manga Question

Can you read arcs from Pokemon Adventures by themselves (Example: Leaf Green / Fire Red without reading the first 21 volumes of manga)

Can anyone get Crunchyroll videos to play on Firefox? I use the last one that allowed for extensions (56), and I'm having nothing but a black screen and a spinning orange circle, and the odd stray subtitle, except for the ads at the start, which play fine.

Looks like the site is down. I can't get it on Firefox or Chrome.

That it is now, but when I was watching Fruits Basket an hour ago, Firefox was a no-no for me (although the videos did work in a portable version of Firefox I keep on a USB stick. I watched one episode in Chrome, and one episode in Waterfox, just fine. It's just Firefox which is refusing to go past the spinning orange wheel. I even tried it with all my extensions disabled. No luck

Manga Question

Can you read arcs from Pokemon Adventures by themselves (Example: Leaf Green / Fire Red without reading the first 21 volumes of manga)

It depends on the arc! Usually they’re all fine to read on their own, apart from the original red/blue/yellow and Gold/Silver which were connected. ‘Remake’ arcs tend to bring back the original cast from the original arc (so red comes back for firered), but they can usually still be taken on their own anyway if you prefer. :)

The more recent stories are all standalone as far as I can tell, so you should be good to jump in wherever you like otherwise.

Right, I'm just about to finish Fate/Zero. So what's next? I've read that F/Stay Night and F/SN Unlimited Blade Works (and F/SN movies, although not finished and not on Netflix) are all adaptations of the same VN, but of different routes. UBW has the better score on MAL, so is the first worth it and is there an order at all.
The other shows on Netflix Grand Order, Extra: Last Encore and Apocrypha all seem to be side stories. Are any of them worth it? Especially thinking about anything related to Waver/Lord El-Melloi II.

Right, I'm just about to finish Fate/Zero. So what's next? I've read that F/Stay Night and F/SN Unlimited Blade Works (and F/SN movies, although not finished and not on Netflix) are all adaptations of the same VN, but of different routes. UBW has the better score on MAL, so is the first worth it and is there an order at all.
The other shows on Netflix Grand Order, Extra: Last Encore and Apocrypha all seem to be side stories. Are any of them worth it? Especially thinking about anything related to Waver/Lord El-Melloi II.
Apocrypha is an alt universe. Waver appears in it and another character who is in El Meloi.
They are really all alt universes. El meloi anime cant be the same timeline as FSN As bits are contradicting the sequel FHA (yet to be animated) if you ignore the fanservice it is set before FSN about a month before I think.

I mean technically the best option would've been to start UBW before Zero since Zero is a prequel but that's a whole can of worms that'll probably cause a big debate lol.

But yeah I'd recommend UBW next as that's the more canon version. The 2006 adaption is good but tries to adapt parts of UBW and HF into the Fate route iirc. The other series like Grand Order, Apocrypha and Extra all use the same concept but with different characters and settings so they're pretty much irrelevant to the main story.

Cheers guys.
I mean technically the best option would've been to start UBW before Zero since Zero is a prequel but that's a whole can of worms that'll probably cause a big debate lol.
I guess the reason why it was only 10 years and not the traditional 60 (IIRC) between HG wars is revealed at some point?

That should explain it, FSN also explains it but by knowing FZ you know more than you should. (Which is why really FSN Should be seen first but as HF isnt out yet I cant recommended it over F/Z)

What packaging does UP1 use when shipping a Blu-ray that comes with an art box?, AoT S3 CE for example. Haven't ordered anything that comes with an art box from them for years. I think the last art box I got from them came in a padded envelope, can't be sure though.

I know they put a stardard Blu-ray in a padded envelope, and the last time I got two manga's, they too came in a padded envelope.

What packaging does UP1 use when shipping a Blu-ray that comes with an art box?, AoT S3 CE for example. Haven't ordered anything that comes with an art box from them for years. I think the last art box I got from them came in a padded envelope, can't be sure though.

I know they put a stardard Blu-ray in a padded envelope, and the last time I got two manga's, they too came in a padded envelope.
I believe they tend to use packaging similarly to Rightstuf so if it's a chipboard rigid box set then it'll come in a box with paper to wrap it up. Granted it's been months since I had last used UP1.

Back