The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Big shame to see Book Depository close now, not sure where to go now. Absolutely won’t be giving Amazon my money but I’ve had problems in the past with Wordery and Blackwells only charge on dispatch and not at the point of ordering, which doesn’t work well for my budgeting. :/
Doesn't Amazon own Book Depository anyway? They're probably closing them down to consolidate book sales to one store.

In case it's relevant for people with pre orders with book depository I had a look at their FAQs

Q8. Will I still receive my pre-order?

A. If your pre-order is released before the 26 April 2023, we will aim to deliver this to you within our normal delivery times. Please bear in mind that release dates may change and we may not be able to fulfil your pre-order. If it is not possible to ship your pre-order by the 26 April 2023, we will let you know and issue a refund to the payment method used to place the order.

Star Wars: Visions Volume 2 announced for May 4th! More of a mix of styles than the anime of the first one. There's a studio from South Korea and an American owned Japanese studio that seems to be a support studio for bigger studios with credits on some big shows, but also Aardman and Cartoon Saloon:

Star Wars: Visions Volume 2 announced for May 4th! More of a mix of styles than the anime of the first one. There's a studio from South Korea and an American owned Japanese studio that seems to be a support studio for bigger studios with credits on some big shows, but also Aardman and Cartoon Saloon:
From what I've read Season 2 apparently had more more western studios behind it than the first which was all Japanese studios; also upon researching about Kamikaze Douga (the guys behind The Duel) I learned that they also did the 3D Jojo openings which explains the unique CGI style of The Duel.

A review of the most recent live-action TV adaptation of The Drops Of God.

ETA: Also a review in the Telegraph.

Last edited:
Technicolor have changed their name to Vantiva.

Won't mean much to most, but if you're a reviewer facing a pile of check discs, then it's good to know that the imprint on the silver disc doesn't mean a different company with perhaps different manufacturing standards.
I was just wondering about that with today's arrivals - thank you for clarifying and explaining!

First trailer for Arknights: Perish in Frost. Going by the source material and Prelude to Dawn's production this will likely be a 6-8 episode series adapting episodes 4 and 5 from the game.

I thought this was fake at first but it is real, The Quintessential Quintuplets is getting another animation project, this time of stories not covered by the anime.

Curious about this as, while there was  some things skipped over by the anime (mainly in season 2 and the movie) but wasn't that much, this seems not all that necessary, not as much as say the thing with Horimiya that was announced recently. Still, more of these 5 is good to me.

Turns out, its a TV Special (with a theatrical run in Japan) by SHAFT. Makes more sense, there wasn't a lot left out wholesale to create a new series with. Will be looking to see what is put in this when it's out.

Back