The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Dai

Stand User
Manga is the subject of a front-page feature piece in today's Guardian.

View attachment 26776
That was pretty well researched for a mainstream piece, and it was unusual to see violent titles mentioned without any negative connotations or allusions to old controversies. Nice to see a shout out for an autobiography like My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness alongside the shonen staples. It was also interesting to see manga translated as a more tonally neutral "whimsical pictures" rather than the more common "irresponsible pictures".

Sarah

Staff
AUKN Staff

View attachment 26776
Tbh, this article provokes rather too many thoughts. I'm glad to see some media attention paid to manga in a positive way - but it's again (as usual) down to high sales figures since the pandemic of the best-known titles. Oh, and One Piece Film: Red opening on the 4th. I'd like to have seen the author and artist for The Promised Neverland credited too: Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demiku.

For what it's worth, it'd be nice to see the Guardian follow through and commit to reviewing a manga title a month, maybe, as they now review a graphic novel a month.

Ian Wolf

Harem King
AUKN Staff

View attachment 26776
And here is The Guardian's review of the new One Piece film.

Jon O Fun

Dragon Knight
Most likely old news but was news to me (as most things are) but the Black Clover film is a Netflix Exclusive (?) 🤷‍♂️ I'm sure others will have more insight than me!

20221109_215905.jpg

Anime1977

Magical Girl
Kevin Conroy, Voice of Batman, Dead at 66

Kevin Conroy, who voiced Batman in multiple shows over the years, has died. He was 66.

Conroy’s death was announced by Diane Pershing, the voice of the DC character Poison Ivy, and confirmed by publicist Gary Miereanu, who said the actor had died Thursday (Nov. 10) after a “short battle with cancer.”

I did not know were to this so put it hear.

Jon O Fun

Dragon Knight
Kevin Conroy, Voice of Batman, Dead at 66

Kevin Conroy, who voiced Batman in multiple shows over the years, has died. He was 66.

Conroy’s death was announced by Diane Pershing, the voice of the DC character Poison Ivy, and confirmed by publicist Gary Miereanu, who said the actor had died Thursday (Nov. 10) after a “short battle with cancer.”

I did not know were to this so put it hear.
Sad times, will always be the best Batman 😔

RadFemHedonist

Dragon Knight
That is really sad may he rest in peace - I really enjoyed his VA work as Batman in Batman: The Animated Series and various other DC animated TV series and films such as Justice League/JLU :(
❤️