The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

A feature piece in The Guardian about manga's popularity in France.

@Ian Wolf : I wondered if you'd share this one - thank you! (As this is largely my background in manga and anime, I have Thoughts on this content and how it's presented.)

I thought this was fake at first but it is real, The Quintessential Quintuplets is getting another animation project, this time of stories not covered by the anime.

Curious about this as, while there was  some things skipped over by the anime (mainly in season 2 and the movie) but wasn't that much, this seems not all that necessary, not as much as say the thing with Horimiya that was announced recently. Still, more of these 5 is good to me.

Curious about this as, while there was  some things skipped over by the anime (mainly in season 2 and the movie) but wasn't that much, this seems not all that necessary, not as much as say the thing with Horimiya that was announced recently.
Can't at the moment think of this being a bad trend if it gets going. Feel like it's better for creators to get the heart of the story across and concluded if limited budgets or uncertainty about renewal for further seasons, but then have the option of going back to fill out the desirable but perhaps non-essential aspects after, if given the funding/opportunity.

On that note, I wish the third Sound! Euphonium movie, would get a whole season of its own to develop the new characters better. Therefore am glad the plans are, for the rest of the story at least, as a third season and not another movie next. Also, will someone/anyone please release the second season and movie in the UK??!!

Back