The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Seven Seas is now launching an audiobook label, Siren. Beginning in June, their first books are “Classroom of the Elite”, “The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent”, and “Reborn as a Space Mercenary: I Woke Up Piloting the Strongest Starship”.

Hmm... Anime on audiobook... now that might be fairly interesting! I'm not one who wants to bother with reading anything anymore, so I avoid manga and such like the plague, but I could get into listening to "The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent" while driving to and from work during my 45 minute commute to and from work - I loved that series on Blu-ray. And if these use the text from light novels, the stories may actually be better told than the anime, even. I'm totally a noob when it comes to audiobooks, though - how would these be presented? Downloads, CD, or some other format?

Last edited:
Hmm... Anime on audiobook... now that might be fairly interesting! I'm not one who wants to bother with reading anything anymore, so I avoid manga and such like the plague, but I could get into listening to "The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent" while driving to and from work during my 45 minute commute to and from work - I loved that series on Blu-ray. And if these use the text from light novels, the stories may actually be better told than the anime, even. I'm totally a noob when it comes to audiobooks, though - how would these be presented? Downloads, CD, or some other format?
@Girls with Guns These days audiobooks are normally downloaded on services such as Amazon-owned Audible, or they can be streamed if you have a particular form of Spotify account (my audiobook, CLAMPdown, is on Spotify for example - cheeky plug ^_^ ).

These audiobooks appear to be readings of the original light novels. Seven Seas have also revealed who will be reading each book: "The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent" is being read by Veronica Taylor (the original voice of Ash from Pokemon). "Classroom of the Elite" is being read by Eddy Lee (another Pokemon actor, voicing Gladion), while "Reborn as a Space Mercenary" is being read by Broadway actor Fred Berman.

Yeah Ok, so then I probably wouldn't be able to listen to anything in my car, I would have to use my phone connected to the car radio via bluetooth, and I don't use any of those services - and damned if I'll pay $25 for something I can't download to a flashdrive or hard drive and actually own it forever. I refuse to do any of that pay-to-never-own crap - I'll just forget I even asked about it, then.

Old man yelling at clouds, again... :mad:

Last edited:
These days audiobooks are normally downloaded on services such as Amazon-owned Audible, or they can be streamed if you have a particular form of Spotify account
I know Bookwalker have audio books, so checked theirs out. Seems you buy it and listen through their app.
And as with manga and LNs you can download them. Probably still leaves the "ownership" problem @Girls with Guns has, unless there's someway of converting them. The only other option would probably be the illegal route, although if you "bought" them whilst dl'ing from elsewhere that would ease the conscience.

On last night's episode of Have I Got News For You, "Chainsaw Man" cosplayers appeared in the caption competition at the end of the episode.

Last edited:
Sort of a shame they haven't started from the beginning with these as there are two older Konosuba games from 2017 and 2019. Also surprised if they were going to skip ahead that they didn't just go for the most recent which came out at the tail end of 2022. Still, hard to complain since I do love Konosuba so I'm looking forward to this while hoping it opens the door for more in the future.

PQube have just announced they're releasing the Konosuba game here.

Sweet, we're finally getting a KonoSuba game released outside of Japan which isn't just the mobile game, looking forward to it!

new Spice & Wolf series scheduled for 2024, studio is Passione the makers of Interspecies Reviewers lol

It looks beautiful and the music by Kevin Penkin is lovely, I just hope this will be a reboot that at the very least covers the entire main storyline of the novels over a large number of episodes - I didn't hate the older Spice and Wolf anime but given the popularity of the novels and speaking as a fan I really want a complete adaptation this time :)

new Spice & Wolf series scheduled for 2024, studio is Passione the makers of Interspecies Reviewers lol

If the Spice and Wolf remake is being done by the same studio that did Interspecies Reviewers, then maybe there will be some spicier, more revealing scenes of nude Holo in the series - that is always a plus for a dirty old man like me, lol. I definitely made sure to get me-self a steelbook copy of Interspecies Reviewers, too! ;)

Back