The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

new Spice & Wolf series scheduled for 2024, studio is Passione the makers of Interspecies Reviewers lol
Passione has a pretty solid track record in my opinion, though I understand why many would see them as the fanservice studio considering they worked on Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World, High School DxD HERO and Rail Wars as well. Higurashi GOU and Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers were solid and I heard Mieruko-chan was as well.

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End opens with a 2 hour long special on September 29th. While the most notable name is Bocchi the Rock director Keiichiro Saito this series also boasts an impressive staff led by Madhouse producer Yuichiro Fukushi who is known for his collaborations with director Shingo Natsume on series like One Punch Man and Sonny Boy. Definitely a team worthy of a feature length premiere.

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End opens with a 2 hour long special on September 29th. While the most notable name is Bocchi the Rock director Keiichiro Saito this series also boasts an impressive staff led by Madhouse producer Yuichiro Fukushi who is known for his collaborations with director Shingo Natsume on series like One Punch Man and Sonny Boy. Definitely a team worthy of a feature length premiere.
Definitely my most anticipated anime of the year.

Laid-Back Camp Season 3 confirmed for a 2024 release with a change in studio from C-Station to Eight Bit, retaining the sound director and composer from past seasons.

As much as I'm going to miss Kyogoku's team the movie feels like a great sendoff. A final look at the characters as adults. Not sure if it was intended that way but it feels like a complete arc. Looking forward to Eight Bit's take on the series anyway. They're a pretty solid studio.

Laid-Back Camp Season 3 confirmed for a 2024 release with a change in studio from C-Station to Eight Bit, retaining the sound director and composer from past seasons.

As much as I'm going to miss Kyogoku's team the movie feels like a great sendoff. A final look at the characters as adults. Not sure if it was intended that way but it feels like a complete arc. Looking forward to Eight Bit's take on the series anyway. They're a pretty solid studio.
They've only adapted as far as the end of volume 9 of the manga, while there are 14 volumes of the manga, so enough for another season. Volume 14 is releasing in English in October.

Personally I wasn't a fan of the movie, I could not imagine Rin becoming a worker drone doing excessive hours in a dead-end office job after everything we'd seen in the anime so far. It simply didn't make sense for her character.

They've only adapted as far as the end of volume 9 of the manga, while there are 14 volumes of the manga, so enough for another season. Volume 14 is releasing in English in October.

Personally I wasn't a fan of the movie, I could not imagine Rin becoming a worker drone doing excessive hours in a dead-end office job after everything we'd seen in the anime so far. It simply didn't make sense for her character.
Not too sure why you're bringing up how many volumes haven't been adapted. I never claimed there wasn't enough for another season.

It's been a while but I don't recall seeing any issue with Rin being an office worker. In fact I actually liked that part. But personal interpretations and all that. We won't all have the same experience I guess.

So GKids announced they have the North American rights to Miyazaki's new movie, but the movie is titled THE BOY AND THE HERON for their North American release - Not sure if that title will be used for all releases outside of Japan. I don't really care for that title much at all, as it sounds too much like Hosada's "The Boy and the Beast." Should have just left it with the original, translated title.

https://twitter.com/gkidsfilms/statu...rCqjsUTlfggNyg

Last edited:
Anime now getting covered in GQ.

Well, He's got a pretty good list there, in a good order too - I love seeing Only Yesterday make it in there so high, for sure. He evidently didn't see Shinkai's Suzume yet, though - I'd be inserting that at #3 right between Your Name and Akira, and to make room for the top 10, just remove Weathering With You altogether. I was fairly disappointed with that movie. Now if only there was room for When Marnie Was There as #4. I have yet to see End of Evangelion, as I haven't finished the series yet. Unfortunately no Hosada in there either - Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Wolf Children - or some of the newer movies like I Want to Eat your Pancreas, Maquia, Silent Voice, or Josee: The Tiger and the Fish - Let's make it a Top 15 list, at least! 🙂

Last edited:
Well, He's got a pretty good list there, in a good order too - I love seeing Only Yesterday make it in there so high, for sure. He evidently didn't see Shinkai's Suzume yet, though - I'd be inserting that at #3 right between Your Name and Akira, and to make room for the top 10, just remove Weathering With You altogether. I was fairly disappointed with that movie. Now if only there was room for When Marnie Was There as #4. I have yet to see End of Evangelion, as I haven't finished the series yet. Unfortunately no Hosada in there either - Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Wolf Children - or some of the newer movies like I Want to Eat your Pancreas, Silent Voice, or Josee: The Tiger and the Fish - Let's make it a Top 15 list, at least! 🙂
I'm shocked seeing Only Yesterday on this list. It's my favourite anime of all time and really underrated. Surprised that A Silent Voice isn't on the list. Agree with the ones you mentioned, the list could have been even better.

Back