The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

This is certainly exciting news, do we know how many episodes this season will be? (I have the Premium Blu-ray/DVD boxes from NIS America) I am also interested to see if this will result in all three seasons getting English dubs :)
So, it appears that Netflix picked up the show a while ago after NIS America lost the license/dropped it. So whether that means its difficult to license for Blu-ray or such is one thing.

As for any dub, The show wasn't dubbed by NIS America previously but about maybe six months ago (possibly more) this appeared in the SAG-AFTRA signatory list
Unknowns.png
So it does look pretty likely, I was wondering why there was no news before but now it makes sense with this season 3 announcement. Dub appears to be by Unforeseen Productions aka Bang Zoom Entertainment. (This isn't the Live action show, that was dubbed by a Australian company).

So, it appears that Netflix picked up the show a while ago after NIS America lost the license/dropped it. So whether that means its difficult to license for Blu-ray or such is one thing.

As for any dub, The show wasn't dubbed by NIS America previously but about maybe six months ago (possibly more) this appeared in the SAG-AFTRA signatory list
View attachment 30443
So it does look pretty likely, I was wondering why there was no news before but now it makes sense with this season 3 announcement. Dub appears to be by Unforeseen Productions aka Bang Zoom Entertainment. (This isn't the Live action show, that was dubbed by a Australian company).

Many thanks for the info, I'm excited to hear the dubbed version if they do one! :)

Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You is returning with a third season streaming exclusively on Netflix.

The first two seasons aired in October 2009 & January 2011, and were released on home video (subtitled only) by NIS America.

Given they were added to Netflix months back, this is a surprise news.

truly legendary series, hopefully this means even more people watching it

Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You is returning with a third season streaming exclusively on Netflix.

The first two seasons aired in October 2009 & January 2011, and were released on home video (subtitled only) by NIS America.

Given they were added to Netflix months back, this is a surprise news.

I really, really wanted to like Kimi no Todoki, and I was definitely going to buy all the NISA Premium sets for it when they were readily available, but the first season was nothing but that panic/exasperated/screaming comedy that I absolutely cannot stand, non-stop the entire way through, so I had to drop the series. His and Her Circumstance, Iroha, Princess Jellyfish, they all suffered from this obnoxious comedy meme which I would have otherwise totally enjoyed these series. I suppose it's one of the main reasons I cannot watch most RomCom anime in general.

Last edited:
First trailer for the new Madoka Magica movie. Looks like a cheerful little adventure where nothing bad happens.

Winter 2024 (ie. Q1 of next year) cinema release in Japan, so we can look forward to a UK blu-ray some time in 2029.

FLCL: Grunge Anime Gets Canadian Simulcast

I had no idea that there is another FLCL coming out! Exciting stuff but no UK release yet I take it? No Crunchylord hostile takeover??
Considering the pre
FLCL: Grunge Anime Gets Canadian Simulcast

I had no idea that there is another FLCL coming out! Exciting stuff but no UK release yet I take it? No Crunchylord hostile takeover??
Given FLCL Progressive and Alternative are on All4 I'd say there's a good chance this new show will go there as well

Back