The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

ilmaestro

State Alchemist
Because I hate threads that end up with three replies filling up the pages of this subforum. ^^;

And also because I am excited about the announcement of an Accel World anime from Sunrise. Kuroyukihime~

They announced an anime for Sword Art Online, too, but I've never quite got around to checking out the LNs of that as it seems to be a more generic .hack-a-like than the excellent Accel World. A-1 are working on it though, which means instant watch.

I often want to post up little rumours which aren't really juicy enough to make a full news post from, so I figured it wasn't a bad idea for a sticky :3

Full articles and shocking Twitter-related dramas can still of course have their own threads.

My contribution (which is very weak but I'm at work with no access to actually new news) will be that the forthcoming Sengoku Basara movie blu-ray will finally allow Kuroda Kanbei to debut in the anime (in mini special edition form).

Perhaps not-really-worth-clicking-for sample movie

I was pleased, anyway!

R

According to the official Facebook page, English dubbing of Puella Magi Madoka Magica began today. At the Aniplex Panel at the New York Anime Festival on the 14th, they will be announcing who is voicing Madoka.

http://www.facebook.com/MadokaMagicaUSA

EDIT: oooo MangaUK are following the Madoka Magica Twitter page...
Sadly, this most likely doesn't mean anything.

Joshawott said:
According to the official Facebook page, English dubbing of Puella Magi Madoka Magica began today. At the Aniplex Panel at the New York Anime Festival on the 14th, they will be announcing who is voicing Madoka.

http://www.facebook.com/MadokaMagicaUSA

EDIT: oooo MangaUK are following the Madoka Magica Twitter page...
Sadly, this most likely doesn't mean anything.

I hope that does mean its in consideration though cause give me a reason to watch the show since i cant be bothered to download it.

Joshawott said:
I remember someone saying that it was hard to get the license for Aniplex USA shows. Why was that?
They do very well in Japan.(currently the most successful anime licensor)
So they're the most expensive, and can give the worst contract terms.

Reaper gI said:
Joshawott said:
I remember someone saying that it was hard to get the license for Aniplex USA shows. Why was that?
They do very well in Japan.(currently the most successful anime licensor)
So they're the most expensive, and can give the worst contract terms.
I see. Is it similar to how with Evangelion 1.01 (I know different company), how FUNimation had to give it a few cinema showings first as part of the contract due to the Japanese creators thinking it will do as phenominally well as Japan?

As much as I'd love to see it released here, I can see Puella Magi Madoka Magica being very hard to market in the West. If they try and market it as a typical Magical Girl show (like they did at first in Japan, and judging from the U.S. website, they're doing there too), then you could easily end up getting one of those parents that ignores certificate ratings and gets it for their kid due to the character designs; or the older people shunning it due to that. However, if they focus on the darker aspects, it ruins the surprise. *shrugs*

Rui said:
Funimation has a new survey up:

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22DARHKYWC6

Worth taking a moment to fill it in even if you don't import, since Funimation titles often end up being grabbed by Manga UK down the line.

R
Filled it in earlier =3

Note that is it a Shounen survey. You can tell when something isn't aimed at you when it tells you to pick five titles from a list and you've only seen more than a handful of episodes of one.

Shiroi Hane said:
Note that is it a Shounen survey. You can tell when something isn't aimed at you when it tells you to pick five titles from a list and you've only seen more than a handful of episodes of one.
I found three, but just guessed two more so that I could answer the question about preferring rigid art boxes over plastic cases. Plugged AUKN again in the website section again but said I live in the US. I want them to actually listen to me after all.

Shiroi Hane said:

lol I've seen more than half of the episodes of all of them at the very least. i can tell they want my input :roll:

butch-cassidy said:
* Pick your top 5 shows from this list.

Well that's me out, there are two shows in that list I liked and its required to fill in.

My husband had that problem too, but he said it accepted him only ticking two boxes in the end. His entire survey ended up as a love letter to One Piece >_>;

R

This was a weird survey.

"Which of these websites do you enjoy using frequently"

Where was the option for "which do you begrudgingly use frequently" so I could include ANN?

Back