The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

This is art, you want to look away but at the same time it is there.
It's free of the label of any 'genre'.
It's a Hong Kong tokusetsu with the colour palette of a Bollywood film and is simultaneously fantastic and possibly the biggest pile of s#it ever committed to film.

A must watch.

But don't listen to me. I gave Slotherhouse a 3 1/2 stars on letterbox, I have terrible taste!!

It's enjoyable if you don't go in expecting blood & guts as there's pretty much none but its a fun campy horror with a serial killer sloth.

omg, a serial killer sloth?!? Now I definitely gotta see that! Back in the 1980's after I just got married, my wife's nickname for me was Sloth, and I even had a vanity license plate with my nickname on my car - a "pimped-out" 1983 Renault Le Car! 😁

lecar2.jpg
lecar1.jpg

Last edited:
Ah Renault that brings back some nostalgia :)

At the end of the eighties I drove around in a red Renault 5 Turbo. Those things were not limited on the engine, meaning if you did go wild with it, you just would blow up the engine. Renault once did a survey on this 5 Turbo and it’s bigger sibling the 9 Turbo and the results were staggering as 50% was already broken after being in use for one year, due to the driver handling (or lack thereof) :D

1920px-Nationale_oldtimerdag_Zandvoort_2010%2C_1981_RENAULT_5_TURBO%2C_JH-VZ-86_pic2.JPG

Ah Renault that brings back some nostalgia :)

At the end of the eighties I drove around in a red Renault 5 Turbo. Those things were not limited on the engine, meaning if you did go wild with it, you just would blow up the engine. Renault once did a survey on this 5 Turbo and it’s bigger sibling the 9 Turbo and the results were staggering as 50% was already broken after being in use for one year, due to the driver handling (or lack thereof) :D

Sorry to stay off-topic, but I SO badly wanted and dreamed of owning an R5 Turbo back when I had the Le Car (I actually owned two Le Cars, also had a blue and white 1980 model, which I wrecked twice and finally totalled before buying the gold one), but there was just too much logistics invoved and also too costly to import one to the US, especialy for someone just out of college, so I had to settle for what I had - but I did love driving those two little cars!

Last edited:
Sorry to stay off-topic, but I SO badly wanted and dreamed of owning an R5 Turbo back when I had the Le Car (I actually owned two Le Cars, also had a blue and white 1980 model, which I wrecked twice and finally totalled before buying the gold one), but there was just too much logistics invoved and also too costly to import one to the US, so I had to settle for what I had - but I did love driving those two little cars!
I'd say the protectionist BS that Mercedes and BMW lobbied to effectively ban imports of cars newer than 21 years old didn't help. They got the law enacted due to people importing the better European models than the crap the US arms were putting out.

Back