The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Shiroi Hane said:
I don't think it's ever been suggested outside wishful thinking that Ocean would be continuing with the dub.

Long thread of much angst: http://www.funimation.com/funimation-ge ... n-no-shana
That was indeed, a long and wangsty thread. Still, I kinda miss the days of threads like that here - but that requires at least half a dozen regular posters who have both the willpower to continue a debate long past the point it should have ended and whose arguments and use of language make some degree of sense. I'm pretty sure all our posters like that are dead now.

Should we be at all worried about the Black Lagoon dub, or was that just groundless hypothesising that got a bit out of control?

ayase said:
Shiroi Hane said:
I don't think it's ever been suggested outside wishful thinking that Ocean would be continuing with the dub.

Long thread of much angst: http://www.funimation.com/funimation-ge ... n-no-shana
That was indeed, a long and wangsty thread. Still, I kinda miss the days of threads like that here - but that requires at least half a dozen regular posters who have both the willpower to continue a debate long past the point it should have ended and whose arguments and use of language make some degree of sense. I'm pretty sure all our posters like that are dead now.

Should we be at all worried about the Black Lagoon dub, or was that just groundless hypothesising that got a bit out of control?

I doubt theres anything to worry about concerning that cause i'm sure it wouldnt cost that much to just dub the OVA's for Black Lagoon. That thread was just people over-analysing things because whereas there might be a new cast for shana (which i don't have a problem with cause i understand outsourcing all that for Funi would cost them quite a bit) There wouldnt be any point in recasting for Black lagoon for a few OVA's.

So, the K-ON! movie's Blu-ray was released in Japan and well...it's sales have been decent.

And by decent, I mean shifting an absolutely amazing 96,430 copies (99,382 if you include the regular edition) in its opening week, giving it more than 10x the sales of the #2.

The UK has the 50 shades series dominating book sales and Japan has K-ON dominating anime sales...

*Insert 'I don't want to live on this planet anymore" picture*

VoxPhantom said:
The UK has the 50 shades series dominating book sales and Japan has K-ON dominating anime sales...

I'd rather have K-ON! over 50 Shades tbh.

Joshawott said:
VoxPhantom said:

I'd rather have K-ON! over 50 Shades tbh.
Out a choice of BDSM Pervert who's secret kink is badly written Twilight fan-fiction that hilariously had the title of "Master of the Universe" in beta or lolicon who's real kink is watching paint dry at quarter speed whilst someone reads the phone book at 10th speed, it is something of a hard choice.

Oh, didn't realise SLA was dated. Maybe Jerome meant 2013 (even though the context makes that unlikely) >_>

ConanThe3rd said:
Out a choice of BDSM Pervert who's secret kink is badly written Twilight fan-fiction that hilariously had the title of "Master of the Universe" in beta or lolicon who's real kink is watching paint dry at quarter speed whilst someone reads the phone book at 10th speed, it is something of a hard choice.

I want to be able to quote this post out of context in future to see if I can make someone's brain explode. I find it funny that I didn't know anything about the books until everyone started talking about the series here, revealing they are all secret experts o_O

R

Unless SLA managed to persuade Gainax or something? I dunno. Guess we'll have to wait for the official announcement.

Also, I'm not sure I would call K-ON! Lolicon...I mean, there's nothing really that "sexy" about it. The cute is more "innocent cute" as opposed to erotic cute.

Shiroi Hane said:
And.. haven't most of the K-on characters graduated by now anyway?
By the end of season 2 they've graduated from high school iirc (at the very least, they all graduated at the end of volume 4 of the manga).

Rui said:
ConanThe3rd said:

I want to be able to quote this post out of context in future to see if I can make someone's brain explode. I find it funny that I didn't know anything about the books until everyone started talking about the series here, revealing they are all secret experts o_O

R
I only know what Wikipedia knows. I wish I could say the same for K-On...

And K-On is bad because it's bland, boring and not FMP, Haruhi or anything worth the Prowess of KyoAni (such as that is these days). It suffered Kannon's problem of being able to be compressed into a 15 minute youtube video with the decent parts.

That's opinion though, for me, K-ON isn't bad but since it's ended i've felt a real frustration with the series and it's popularity.

The last episodes of season 2 (past the I will admit great episode 20) the emotional impact was thrown away and left me feeling hollow when I get to that final episode. Since then i've felt it's hard to get back into it.

terryschocorange said:
NIS America announced at Otakon that they've licensed Umineko When They Cry

Seems somewhat of a strange license for NISA to pick up, considering its reputation among some of the VN fans. Is a sequel in the works then? As much as I loved Umineko, I can't help but feel "What's the point?" As it stands the anime is unfinished and I doubt it ever will be at this point.

I'll still probably pick it up though - I'm a sucker for those NISA artboxes.

Back