The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

terryschocorange said:
NIS America announced at Otakon that they've licensed Umineko When They Cry

rings.png

I have been waiting a long time for this to get picked up ^_^

@Devil It's the 3rd title in the When they Cry series.

Now I feel cunning for being too fatigued to buy the Durarara! US release (to have a non-PAL version) or the JP BD set. For once. I'll be placing an order even if they make it difficult as usual.

(I'm also in for Umineko and Aquarion EVOL, though I wish the latter was on CR.)

R

Funny through. Didn't siren say that the sales of the first 2 seasons of When They Cry sold really well? Hopefully enough for a third season to be released in austraila.

devilrules666 said:
well i hope siren pick when thr cry 3 up. I am not pissing around with the american company i hate their releases because of their boxes.

When the nice versions sell out, they rerelease in tiny boxes like everyone else, so you can probably get it from there eventually. I have the smaller version of Working! because I was too lazy to order the box version in time.

R

Umineko isn't a third season of Higurashi though, so I don't know whether Siren would be inclined to take a punt on it. It's set in the 'When They Cry' universe, but that's where the similarities end. Apart from murders, gore and folks going mental, of course.

Great to see Fairytail continued to be picked up by funi! Means Manga will hopefully keep picking it up! Also good to see Aquarion Evo get physical rights. The rest of that list? Don't really care.

Woo, glad we'll be seeing more of Fairy Tail - hopefully it has does well for Manga. Also glad that they have the movie and Sankarea.

More Fairy Tail makes me happy. But it is odd to see that they've licensed only an extra 24 and not another 48.

Also yay for Lupin home video rights!

Back