The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I doubt Andrew would touch Patlabor now after being burned on the Limited Edition movie sets that Beez released. They're absolutely gorgeous boxes that absolutely didn't sell. I think they were around £100 RRP, definitely looked worth around that amount, limited to 1000 sets in the UK. I picked mine up some four or five years after release at £15 for the pair!

Just Passing Through said:
I doubt Andrew would touch Patlabor now after being burned on the Limited Edition movie sets that Beez released. They're absolutely gorgeous boxes that absolutely didn't sell. I think they were around £100 RRP, definitely looked worth around that amount, limited to 1000 sets in the UK. I picked mine up some four or five years after release at £15 for the pair!

I think they only came out here due to Honneamise making a ridiculous amount of them(something like 10 or 20 thousand for each movie) in the US and forced excess stock on Beez iirc.

Amazon US still had stock for years after it was oop, hell you can still pick up sealed copies from Amazon marketplace for $15.

The best thing about those sets were the storyboards. They should package more storyboards with collectors editions, the one that came with the End of Eva LaserDisc is pure bliss. Beats art-book handily imo, but the assets are probably a nightmare to acquire. Probably a harder sell too. Not enough colour!

sniper_samurai said:
I think they only came out here due to Honneamise making a ridiculous amount of them(something like 10 or 20 thousand for each movie) in the US and forced excess stock on Beez iirc.

Beez still went and repressed the discs with NTSC-PAL standards conversions though.

Just Passing Through said:
sniper_samurai said:

Beez still went and repressed the discs with NTSC-PAL standards conversions though.
True, but all the other materials are identical to the Honneamise sets.

There is an American live-action TV adaptation of Sword Art Online in the works.

Given how dodgy most US adaptations of anime are, I hate to imagine how they are going to adapt a series where one of the main problems often cited is the writing.

Ian Wolf said:
There is an American live-action TV adaptation of Sword Art Online in the works.

Given how dodgy most US adaptations of anime are, I hate to imagine how they are going to adapt a series where one of the main problems often cited is the writing.

I'm slightly more optimistic than most.

I'm guessing they'll basically throw everything but the basic premise (and maybe some of the designs) out. Having read the quotes from the writers, it sounds like they haven't read or seen Sword Art Online, so it might actually be good.

Susumu Hirasawa is releasing a new album consisting of Berserk music from the video games and the recent anime adaptations (2012 Golden Age Trilogy and 2016 Tower of Conviction series).

1.灰よ (TVアニメ「ベルセルク」劇中歌)[Berserk 2016 Tower of Conviction series Insert Song/Preview Song]
2.BERSERK-Forces 2016
3.Aria (劇場映画「ベルセルク 黄金時代篇」三部作 主題曲)[Berserk 2012 Golden Age Trilogy Theme Song]
4.FORCES II (「ベルセルク 千年帝国の鷹篇 喪失花の章」ゲームサウンドトラック)[Sword of the Berserk: Guts Rage/Berserk Millennium Falcon Arc: Chapter of the Flowers of Oblivion Theme Song]
5.ZODDO II (「ベルセルク 千年帝国の鷹篇 喪失花の章」ゲームサウンドトラック)[Sword of the Berserk: Guts Rage/Berserk Millennium Falcon Arc: Chapter of the Flowers of Oblivion Insert Song]
6.冠毛種子の大群 (Large Chamber ver.)
7.INDRA 2016
8.Ash Crow (TVアニメ「ベルセルク」劇中歌)[Berserk 2016 Tower of Conviction series Insert Song]
9.Sign (「ベルセルク 千年帝国の鷹篇 聖魔戦記の章」 ゲームサウンドトラック)[Berserk Millennium Falcon Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War Theme Song]
10.Sign-3
11.Aria (カラオケ)
12.灰よ(カラオケ)
13.Ash Crow (カラオケ)

Release Date - September 14th 2016.

灰よ (Hai Yo, also known as Ash) is the insert song used in the 2016 Tower of Conviction series, most notably during the next episode previews.

Last edited by a moderator:
NormanicGrav said:
灰よ (Hai Yo, also known as Ash) is the insert song used in the 2016 Tower of Conviction series, most notably during the next episode previews.
It seems as if Hirasawa's distinctive electronic falsetto may be the only thing in Berserk's current favour...

I give it even odds. I'd love a CW WB style adaption (That would by rights do away with Fairy Dance's crap if it even goes there for the longest time) with stuff from Progressive but the head writer will have to be at his most bastardly to get that to work.

Oh god could you imagine if Moffat got on this somehow...Jezz....

Hmm. Knowing that Blood Lad is ending might encourage me to actually give the series a proper go. I wasn't fond of the anime but the volume of manga I skimmed through seemed interesting enough.

A second season of Mahou Shoujo Nante li Desukara. is coming in the Autumn!

81385l.jpg

http://myanimelist.net/anime/33795/...Ii_Desukara_2nd_Season?_type=16&_user=3561777

I don't know about anyone else, but I loved the first season a lot, so I'm super pumped about this. This is where I'd link you to my review if the site was up :(

Back