The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I am overjoyed at the fact someone picked up Inou Battle in the UK, I adore that show. Not heard of Perfect Insider but that breif synopsis certainly sounds interesting, The other two titles I'm less interested in, but I may pick up. A pretty good set of announcements if I do say so myself.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Inou Battle in the UK

When skimming your reply, before having checked the link, I reflected that this would make for a pretty cool series.

Three series I dropped early on and Digimon Tri, which firmly falls under the 'no UK simulcast, no UK buy' category ^^; I'll pass on the lot.

R

I watched Perfect Insider but certainly don't want to own it. Never watched Wish Upon the Pleiades and have little interest there. Supernatural Battles got dropped so a pass there too...

I'm vaguely interested in Digimon but having already watched it through Crunchyroll the collector's edition is going to have to include some nice stuff for me to pick it up. No more of the tat that Manga normally put in CE's (wishful thinking here, I know...).

All round I'm not greatly impressed.

Not really impressed with the Q4 Manga lineup. Perfect Insider may shift a few units as it was well marketed on Crunchyroll. Not really interested in any release Q4 by the looks of it.

crashmatt said:
Not really impressed with the Q4 Manga lineup. Perfect Insider may shift a few units as it was well marketed on Crunchyroll. Not really interested in any release Q4 by the looks of it.

Depends how many people have watched it through to the end tbh. It started off well enough but I don't think many people who actually finished it liked it that much from what I've heard.

Rui said:
Three series I dropped early on and Digimon Tri, which firmly falls under the 'no UK simulcast, no UK buy' category ^^; I'll pass on the lot.

R

To be fair, I'm amazed we're getting Digimon Tri so soon, with no TV, streaming or theatrical push. Almost makes me wonder if Toei Europe are (slowly) learning from the mistakes they've made in the past.

That said, I have no money and have never seen Digimon so I won't be buying. It also kills any hope I had that Manga might get forced to take World Trigger to gain access to Tri. (Not that they would take it by choice, having already said they aren't even willing to risk Hunter x Hunter...)

I can't wait for Digimon Tri since Toei is trying to reunite the old cast for the dub. Since they've announced that the dub will have different music, I wonder if Manga could include a third option of viewing the English voices with the Japanese music.

Mystery Solved on why we got bummed out of the streaming for Tri then.

Wouldn't be supprised if Manga were a bird on their ear about their other releases.

I watched Perfect Insider when it was airing. I struggled to like it at first but it grew on me and by the end I was enjoying it, so I'm very interested in rewatching it to see if my opinion changes the second time around, and this release seems like a good excuse to do that.

Pleidies and Inou will go in the 'maybe' list for me, though with all the expensive collector's editions being released these days I don't have much spare cash for 'maybes'.

My days of caring about Digimon are long behind me so not interested in that. It's funny as I've never heard of these other shows but Perfect Insider actually sounds kinda interesting to me :s but seeing as everyone seems to dislike it I guess it's a swing and a miss on all counts for these announcements for me.

Digimon Tri is a great pick for Manga - and I'm sure their other Digimon releases will sell well, given the success of their Yu Gi Oh releases.

Nice to see them get Perfect Insider too - although I probably won't pick it up unless it gets a decent dub, as I felt I got most of what I wanted out of it on its initial airing.

Yes I'm sure, not quite sure if I should be happy about it as it gives Jerome free regin to be an utter bag of balls about things up to including whispering sweet nothings in Toei's ear about its streaming strategy (which seems to be, largely, "Eff you, buy the disks from manga")

Professor Irony said:
First look at some of Weta's cyborg models for live-action GitS:

Could be a nod to the first episode of SAC?

alright, that kinda piqued my interest!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back