The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Vashdaman said:
And it's racist too? *ptooey* for giving Transformers a bad rep. Speaking of transformers, what was that Transformers anime from like 10 or 15 years ago? I seem to recall it being brilliant.

It's worse than racist, it has two German characters called Adolf and Eva, and their arc ends with Eva committing suicide in Adolf's arms, as he also commits suicide for the good of the team. Didn't work though, I didn't become a neo-Nazi after watching it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Armada! Thanks! That was toppa top draw stuff. I used watch that even during my anime abstaining period (thanks Golgo 13 you prick) on Saturdays (or Sundays?) and I was like 15 and I even told my friends to give it a try, and they just laughed at me :(

It's worse than racist, it has two German characters called Adolf and Eva, and their arc ends with Eva committing suicide in Adolf's arms, as he also commits suicide for the good of the team. Didn't work though, I didn't become a neo-Nazi after watching it...

WTF. I want to believe that is just pure coincidence but there's not much chance is there. How the efffff does that **** get a pass in Japan?

Vashdaman said:

WTF. I want to believe that is just pure coincidence but there's not much chance is there. How the efffff does that **** get a pass in Japan?

You're being far too kind, it almost certainly isn't.

Clearly there's an audience for this type of ******** in Japan, hence GATE.

Gemsy-chan said:
SuBLime/Libre and Yamane-sensei have listened. They have rescued the Finder series http://www.sublimemanga.com/news/274 they'll also be going through other Libre titles to see what they can rescue.

This is excellent news! I can only hope that SuBLime will pick up/rescue some of the neglected titles by Yugi Yamada, Toko Kawai, Tsuta Suzuki and so many more.

NormanicGrav said:
Not sure someone has brought this up before but you can pre-order Omnibus 8 of Vinland Saga on Amazon. This compiles volumes 15 & 16 of the Japanese manga.

Excellent. Got my preorder in so that they know the support is still there. Although at this point I doubt it'll get cancelled as we keep pulling through each volume *smile*

Wonder if it'll just be a retelling or not. I'm not the biggest fan of No Game, No Life, but I certainly like it enough to watch a movie if it's covering new content.

I'd prefer a Season 2 of NGNL but as long as it's not a complication film i'm looking forward to it, hopefully it'll adapt more of the LN's instead of an original story as they tend to do for films on shows.

DragonBlaze67 said:
I'd prefer a Season 2 of NGNL but as long as it's not a complication film i'm looking forward to it, hopefully it'll adapt more of the LN's instead of an original story as they tend to do for films on shows.

I hope that the success of the movie will lead to a second season, then it won't matter so much if it does turn out to be a retelling or something original because at least a second season would be back to covering light novels then.

kuuderes_shadow said:
https://twitter.com/ngnl_anime/status/754620953707950080

Movie of No Game No Life is coming.

while not particularly waiting for it, would be a fun thing to watch anyhow

Back