The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

BlackStrat said:
>Bleach
>end

Grav I'm gonna need the best laugh gif you've got, stat.

PcM9Va4.gif

Bookwalker have now added Yen Press to their catalogue.

These include light novels:
  • A Certain Magical Index
  • Baccano!
  • Black Bullet
  • Book Girl
  • Devil is a Part-Timer!
  • Is It Wrong to Pickup Girls in a Dungeon?
  • No Game No Life
  • Overlord

Pretty much a lot.

NormanicGrav said:
Bookwalker have now added Yen Press to their catalogue.

These include light novels:
  • A Certain Magical Index
  • Baccano!
  • Black Bullet
  • Book Girl
  • Devil is a Part-Timer!
  • Is It Wrong to Pickup Girls in a Dungeon?
  • No Game No Life
  • Overlord

Pretty much a lot.

Great to see Yen Press expanding onto other platforms, hopefully this can continue (really hoping comiXology is on their radar pretty soon!). Also great to see quite a few previously unavailable titles being made available Digitally, Between this and the latest slew of Viz Media titles cropping up there really is a slew of titles to be going on with to add to the already healthy pool of Digital Manga titles.

(Shame though that because of recent world events, BW's prices have shot up by over a pound across the last 7-10 Days!)

I'm all for it being 2017 if it means they aren't tripping over themselves desperately trying to pad out episodes due to being so close to the source.

Got an e-mail through from Manga announcing more Yu-gi-oh

MANGA ENTERTAINMENT BRINGS YU-GI-OH! 5D’S, GX AND ZEXAL TO THE UK!

Manga Entertainment LTD is extremely excited to announce that they will not only be bringing Yu-Gi-Oh 5D’s, but also GX and Zexal to the UK.

“We are thrilled to be bringing more Yu-Gi-Oh! to the UK. Fans have been extremely supportive of the franchise and we hope this continues over the next few seasons. ” – Marketing Manager, Andrew Hewson
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s
Release Date: September 5th
Format: DVD

Welcome to New Domino City! Once the playground to legendary duellist Yugi Muto, this sprawling metropolis has since been transformed into a futuristic society where duelling has kicked into overdrive. With recent technological advancements made by KaibaCorp, duelling has undergone a metamorphosis that has revolutionised the makeup and pace of the game! It's now a heart-pounding, adrenaline-filled, and fuel-injected competition where duellists ride supercharged hyper cycles called Duel Runners and battle it out in hi-octane contests called "Turbo Duels." The winners and losers aren't just separated by skill and strength... but by SPEED!

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
Release Date: Autumn 2016

Set several years after the previous Yu-Gi-Oh! Series, GX follows a new generation of duellists at the prestigious Duel Academy, a highly competitive boarding school where pencils and books have been replaced by Duel Disks and monster cards! Still, it's not just about making the grade for these up-and-coming students - it's about becoming the next King of Games!

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal
Release Date: TBC

When aspiring duellist Yuma meets Astral, a mysterious visitor from another universe, it seems like destiny. Yuma needs Astral to teach him how to duel, and Astral needs Yuma to help him regain his memories! They would be duelling’s greatest tag team... except they don't get along!

Demelza said:
I'm all for it being 2017 if it means they aren't tripping over themselves desperately trying to pad out episodes due to being so close to the source.

I agree that I'd rather see them take their time and get it right, but my concern is that, the more time that passes, the harder it's going to be for them to recapture that huge casual audience that made the first series such a hit.

Preliminary DVD & Blu-ray Sales Rankings for Spring 2016 titles:

8,225 JoJo Diamond Is Unbreakable
8,078 High School Fleet
8,049 Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
7,828 Bungou Stray Dogs
6,880 Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
4,695 Boku no Hero Academia
3,324 SUPER LOVERS
3,286 Flying Witch
2,826 Bakuon !!
2,678 Sansha Sanyou
2,285 Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?
1,848 Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
1,809 Kuma Miko
1,539 HUNDRED
1,508 Kiznaiver
1,530 Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season
1,138 Anne Happy
691 Shounen Maid
578 Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
505 Sakamoto Desu ga?
407 Terra Formars Revenge
*** Endride
*** Sousei no Onmyouji

Peachy said:
Preliminary DVD & Blu-ray Sales Rankings for Spring 2016 titles:

This list is missing The Lost Village, which either came out last week or comes out this week.

Also, Big Order but I've no idea when that came out.

Sad to see Shounen Maid doing so poorly as I actually quite liked it. On the other hand, great to see such good sales for Re:Zero!

High SChool Fleet sure is popular in Japan.

In other news Brains Base managed to make the worst anime of the season (what's happened to this studio?)

Very pleased to see Re:Zero doing well and Koutetsujou no Kabaneri

Dear Customer,

Thank you for shopping at Rakuten.co.uk. We thank you for your support and hope you enjoyed shopping with us.

We regret to inform you that the Rakuten.co.uk marketplace will not be taking any new orders after 31st August 2016.

If you have any outstanding Rakuten Super Points, you will be able to use them at the marketplace until the end of August 2016. Regarding any unused Rakuten Super Points, we are preparing an arrangement where Rakuten Super Points can be transferred to other Rakuten group services such as Wuaki (http://www.wuaki.tv) and Viber (http://www.viber.com). We are planning a further announcement detailing how to use your Super Points on Rakuten group services in early August.

Please refer to the website FAQs for further information by clicking on this link: http://www.rakuten.co.uk/help/faq/

And it's racist too? *ptooey* for giving Transformers a bad rep. Speaking of transformers, what was that Transformers anime from like 10 or 15 years ago? I seem to recall it being brilliant.

What the hell, Transformers has always been Japanese!!???? I never knew that. I always thought it was American, and I always thought it was ironic that the yanks had the greatest 'super robo' show of all time and schooled the robot obsessed Japanese on how to do things. But I was wrong, it was Japan all along! This is like that Planet of the Apes moment where I've seen the statue of liberty.

I can't find the series I'm looking for on wiki though :s. What's the one that was broadcast on Sky One in the UK circa 2003/04?

Vashdaman said:
And it's racist too? *ptooey* for giving Transformers a bad rep. Speaking of transformers, what was that Transformers anime from like 10 or 15 years ago? I seem to recall it being brilliant.
Quite a few Transformers anime.

Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, Scramble City, Zone, Beast Wars 2nd, Beast Wars Neo, Car Robots(Robots in Disguise), Mircron Legend(Armada), Superlink(Energon), Galaxy Force(Cybertron), Animated, Go

The series you are looking for is Armada. Can be gotten on dvd from Amazon Germany for about a tenner plus shipping. https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B004L...ers+armada&dpPl=1&dpID=51qWj40WYQL&ref=plSrch

Back