The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Lutga said:
In more serious news, 101 Anime are re-releasing Elfen Lied, this time in a BR edition that includes the OVA ep the DVD edition missed out. It'll be in a 'metal case' (presume that means a steel book?) and comes with a 36 page booklet. Current price is £59.99 on Amazon, but imagine that'll drop closer to £45 by release date:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elfen-Lied-Coll ... ed+blu-ray

Never seen the show before but I've heard some good things about it. Might consider picking it up when the BR comes out.

Lutga said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
King Jimmeh said:
Twitter does default to Tailored Trends, so based on what you tweet and follow.

Which is why all the top 5 of mine are anime related at present.

Triage X
Hestia
#danmachi
#LLSIF
Kekkai Sensen

Hestia's boob ribbon is apparently the new keyhole turtleneck. It's taken the internet by storm.

I wondered why I kept seeing constant pictures pop up on my twitter feed of some girl with bob boobs and a blue ribbon under them.

Lutga said:
In more serious news, 101 Anime are re-releasing Elfen Lied, this time in a BR edition that includes the OVA ep the DVD edition missed out. It'll be in a 'metal case' (presume that means a steel book?) and comes with a 36 page booklet. Current price is £59.99 on Amazon, but imagine that'll drop closer to £45 by release date:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elfen-Lied-Coll ... ed+blu-ray

giphy.gif

The Elfen Lied news is really welcome! But also frustrating.

I really like that show. When I saw it last year, it came as a really unexpected surprise - much different to what I thought it would be. And I'd love to get hold of the OVA AND have the whole thing on BD... but I'm not sure I can be tempted to double dip at that price (although I'm also not sure that I won't, if that makes sense.)

It's great that it's getting another lease of life, though. And it shows that it must be a good marketplace performer to warrant these fresh releases. Really wish we could see more of that.

HdE said:
The Elfen Lied news is really welcome! But also frustrating.

I really like that show. When I saw it last year, it came as a really unexpected surprise - much different to what I thought it would be. And I'd love to get hold of the OVA AND have the whole thing on BD... but I'm not sure I can be tempted to double dip at that price (although I'm also not sure that I won't, if that makes sense.)

It's great that it's getting another lease of life, though. And it shows that it must be a good marketplace performer to warrant these fresh releases. Really wish we could see more of that.
Sentai's BD is £26.64 on UP1USA if the price is your only issue.

Lutga said:
It'll be in a 'metal case' (presume that means a steel book?)
Stiivun said:
Real steel book aficionados would probably start to look funny at you :D

There are differences between a steel book and a metal case. Here is a nice explanation regarding the differences between a steel book, metal pak and iron pack.

Yes steel book aficionados are about as crazy as anime fans :twisted: :mrgreen:
ADV have done metal cases before (the only one in the UK being Eva). I really fancied the one they did for Konomini in the US, but couldn't get it for some reason. With only two discs and a thin book, they may be intending something more steelbook-esque however (I have anime in both steelbooks and steelbook clones).
Actually, I think that was before or around the time the steelbook brand first emerged. You used to get a variety of special metal packaging back then (I have the Stellvia tin, but not the maligned Gantz ball or any of the Paul Chanpagne cases).

Man, if I had a time machine I would so go back and pick up a copy of that Eva box...

I remember back in the days when you could get steel cases for VHS's and it was basically like a biscuit tin - the whole front basically just came off.

Lutga said:
Now you get to see arms and legs coming off in high definition - what more could you want? ;-)
[flippant] A girl on all fours about to have her christmas (also, self) thoroughly deflowered? [/flippant]

Serious answer : "A decently written plot".

Last edited by a moderator:
Emulsion said:
I have that Evangelion box :). The discs are in a digipack inside the box, not slim cases like that Amazon image shows.
They might have changed that as mine are in slim cases as they are in that image.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Emulsion said:
I have that Evangelion box :). The discs are in a digipack inside the box, not slim cases like that Amazon image shows.

Damn, how much did that cost you? I haven't seen it for sale for under £150.

I picked up my copy for £30/£40 in Oxfam, so it is possible! :)

Mangaranga said:

If you can confirm the region code and OVA on that, I will quite literally [COMMENT SELF CENSORED FOR FEAR THAT THIS MIGHT ACTUALLY WORK OUT AND I'LL HAVE TO DO THE CRAZY THING I JUST PROMISED.]

HdE said:
Mangaranga said:

If you can confirm the region code and OVA on that, I will quite literally [COMMENT SELF CENSORED FOR FEAR THAT THIS MIGHT ACTUALLY WORK OUT AND I'LL HAVE TO DO THE CRAZY THING I JUST PROMISED.]

That set is confirmed Region A & B compatible on bluray.com but i can double check with my set of it in the morning :)

Back